Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
In a word, no not really, not for motorhoming/caravaning, its 2 stroke and will be noisy compared to others.It will work but will have power spikes which could damage on board equipement
Most use a genny that is 4 stroke and with inverter technology, a lot better for those delicate items we have onboard like tv,computer,
Downside of course is cost compared to the aldi one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Let's see.....

800 Watts isn't enough for a hairdryer, a microwave, an iron or a kettle.

It will, however, charge your battery albeit very slowly.

Unfortunately, it isn't a 'silent' model, so you might get scornful looks from those who have solar panels or good batteries that last longer than 3 hours.

Your choice!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
tony_g
Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
In a word, no not really, not for motorhoming/caravaning, its 2 stroke and will be noisy compared to others.It will work but will have power spikes which could damage on board equipement
Most use a genny that is 4 stroke and with inverter technology, a lot better for those delicate items we have onboard like tv,computer,
Downside of course is cost compared to the aldi one

Thanks - that is just the info I was looking for. I don't really know much about portable generators. Seems like the immutable law of the universe applies, "spend more".

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Again Toni,

I Just noticed that you are a member of the " zip down the chest club ",

I had my heart surgery seven years ago this month, and like you, rejoice at the seven years bonus, and intend enjoying life for an awful lot longer,

All the best,

Ken :thumb:

Is . any good?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tony_g
Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Hi Again Toni,

I had my heart surgery seven years ago this month, and like you, rejoice at the seven years bonus, and intend enjoying life for an awful lot longer,

All the best,

Too right! Two years and counting. New valve is A1 and atrial fibrillation a thing of the past. Spending the kids inheritance with gay abandon ( no that's not my wifes name!):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Again Toni,

All the best,

Hi new starters I had mine in 1991 at 45 so that's 3 times lol , keep taking the tablets and enjoy yourselves

Peter :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Peter,

Thats exactly what i have been doing all my life, more so since the op, and over twenty years later you are still doing the same, makes you a bit gratefull doesn't it,

Rock on,

Hi new starters I had mine in 1991 at 45 so that's 3 times lol , keep taking the tablets and enjoy yourselves

Peter :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back