Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Hi,

Can any help with a issue i have with the Dometic 3 Way Fridge RM7655L it will not go cold on gas, i have taken the outside grill off and can see the flame burning.

Any one know of an engineer in East Devon,

Ian

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Ian ..

First question, does it cool on mains 230v and stay cool when travelling using 12v ?

If so, are you parked level and have you given it enough time to cool on gas ?

OP
OP
Melian
Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Jim,

Yes it cool's on 240v and stays cool on 12v,

Yes we were parked level and had it on gas all of last night.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Melian
Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks Ash, i will try that , but the flame looked strong !

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The most likely cause of your problem is soot build up in the flue, it acts as an insulator and stops the cooling circuit absorbing heat from the flame. There is a strong likelihood that the burner will be dirty causing the soot to form and this will also bring the Carbon Monoxide (CO, not CO2) levels up to astronomical and seriously dangerous levels.

My advice is this:
DO NOT USE THIS FRIDGE ON GAS UNTIL IT HAS BEEN SERVICED, IT COULD VERY WELL KILL YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES IN THE MOTORHOME!

To give some idea of CO output levels from fridges I recently had a van in for service and on running a flue gas analysis on the fridge it gave over 2500 parts per million (PPM) of CO, according to American research 50 PPM in an enclosed space the size of a motorhome can cause death after just three hours, 150 PPM after just one hour!

I have yet to see a commercially installed gas powered fridge that is properly room sealed so products of combustion can, and do, enter the living area.

Pleasee get this sorted professionally, we have lost too many people to CO poisoning this year already.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back