Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Ive just bought, and i have to say quite impressed a reverse camera and monitor off ebay. Quite impressed with the quality so will continue to fit on my van, so heres the question my Elddis is on a boxer chassis 09 does anybody know what colour in the front loom the reverse switch is.

Thanks in advance:Eeek:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Why not give it a permanently live feed from the ign and use it as a rear view on all the time unit when the engine is running
Geo

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Why not give it a permanently live feed from the ign and use it as a rear view on all the time unit when the engine is running
Geo

That's what I did with mine, best way and I wouldn't be without it now. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Ive just bought, and i have to say quite impressed a reverse camera and monitor off ebay. Quite impressed with the quality so will continue to fit on my van, so heres the question my Elddis is on a boxer chassis 09 does anybody know what colour in the front loom the reverse switch is.

In the drivers side dashboard fuse box at the bottom is a multi plug with lots of wires in it, one of them is green and this has a reverse light signal on it, check it out with a meter or LED test lamp.

D.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years

Which one did you buy please?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I picked up a live from the feed to the fridge.. Only goes live when the engine is running, easy to pick up as it will be behind the outside fridge vent, and much easier to run as it is a lot closer to the rear than the cab is !

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Geo

Perhaps a naive question but if the monitor is designed for a reversing camera - ie intermittent use - would using the monitor full time reduce the life expectancy of the monitor?

Norman

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Geo

I have the option on mine as it is built in..... on when in reverse....or... on on when the ignition comes on....I have it on all the time the ignition is on....

The one I have fitted from Rapido there multimedia station the high-tech Pioneer built into the dashboard , HD, video, cd/dvd player,radio,usb,sd,reversing camera, with a 5.8 LCD touch screen user interface...nice piece of kit :thumb:

Mel

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Perhaps a naive question but if the monitor is designed for a reversing camera - ie intermittent use - would using the monitor full time reduce the life expectancy of the monitor?

Norman

I would suggest it does no harm at all, maybe even better than multiple on and offs
I have a PC in the garage on 24/7 CCtv for about 6 years now, its the only one that hasn't given grief:Doh:

OP
OP
Dubiousp

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Reversing Camera

Thank you for all the responses, I've been away this week so will try and locate the wire in the fuse box. That said I did take the first bit of advice and picked up alive feed For the monitor and paralleled the reverse signal. The effect is that now when I turn the ignition on the monitor starts with the revers screen so I have the option of turning off. In addition I've picked a a live at the rear of the van for the camera.

In response to the unit I bought there are many around cheap and expensive to be honest for what you would need it for which is really just a sanity check I went for this cheap one of fleabay Link Removed

I'm quite impressed with it, the monitor Has a very clear image which surprised me, the camera gives a good image the only downside is the chrome finish but hay could always change the camera if I wanted

Many thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back