Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
****ALERT****
RUTLAND GATHERING
CHANGE OF VENUE
We had a bombshell dropped on us this afternoon. Unfortunately, the access into the field at Rutland where we were to hold our meet has been damaged, beyond immediate repair, by a caravan rally held there recently. Because of the all the rain, it hasn’t dried out enough for us to use. The owner gave us the news today that we could not use it.
The Marshalls have been scouring the area for an alternative site, do not fear, we have found an alternative only 2 miles from Rutland. The new site has toilets/showers/shop /cafe on site. It will be held in their rally field. Still only £6.00 per night. So let the fun begin.
The new location is: Wing Hall, Wing, Oakham. LE15 8RQ. Access is via A6003. Take a turn off this road in Preston towards Wing.
Garry, Nigel , Pamela, Ken, Wendy, Bob & Jane

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Well done on last minute organisation... Glad it is not a total loss.

Nice Job.

I just hope everyone gets this in time.

Are we actually at Wing hall or at the Caravan and Camping club site just up the road. Just looking at it on google maps.

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Wing hall

Nice campsite,3 small fishing lakes and good pub 5 mins away in village .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the field at Rutland where we were to hold our meet has been damaged, beyond immediate repair,

I've just ridden from Glasgow. Before Tebay I was well drenched, so stopped and bought a piece of their finest beef. Conslation prize.

A bit later I was almost drowned near the Thellwall Viaduct. Traffic down to 30 mph and my well protected ( you'd better this ), body was wet to my knickers. It was like riding in a lake.

It's pretty obvious HE is telling us we should never have crawled out of the water.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Many thanks for the info & for going to the trouble of arranging a new venue.

Have to say I was getting worried about continuing on to Rutland as it is so wet. The ground here in Nottinghamshire is sodden.

Hope to see you all Sunday.

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Ok I have seen it so thanks --Im laughing because i have filled the M/H with so much food as i didnt think I would see a shop for 1.5 weeks I have enough for a party now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Well done on last minute organisation... Glad it is not a total loss.

Nice Job.

I just hope everyone gets this in time.

Are we actually at Wing hall or at the Caravan and Camping club site just up the road. Just looking at it on google maps.

Hi Mate, we are at Wing hall itself ok Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Lyngary

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2011
Sudbury, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I 'm just amazed at how quickly you found an alternative venue! Well done. See you at Wing on Saturday.

Gary

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Can we get there earlier now --tomorrow afternoon or would you rather we camped somewhere else until Sunday???
After all the problems you have had i dont want to upset you by getting there to early :cry::cry:

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We will be getting to the site early afternoon - you are more than welcome to arrive later in the afternoon, as long as you understand that you may have to move once all the pitches have been marked out.

Another pair of hands wouldn't go amiss anyway.

Might see you tomorrow then. Safe travels.

Nigel and Pamala

Can we get there earlier now --tomorrow afternoon or would you rather we camped somewhere else until Sunday???
After all the problems you have had i dont want to upset you by getting there to early :cry::cry:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Yes a BIG Thank you from us for going the extra (2) mile and finding us all a new venue at such short notice.

Q. Will the itinerary still be the same, or has this now changed. Due to lack of Barn: for Stuff4Sale, faith table etc.,

Andrea
x

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Yes a BIG Thank you from us for going the extra (2) mile and finding us all a new venue at such short notice.

Q. Will the itinerary still be the same, or has this now changed. Due to lack of Barn: for Stuff4Sale, faith table etc.,

Andrea
x
They may have a Glenbervie Farm barn as they had a barn dance advertised in the Link.
the funny thing is on seeing the picture of the hall Ray has a Deja Vu experience of having been there.
He has done this before in germany and different places and can say what is around the corner :Eeek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years

Andrea
x

We have our event shelters plus 3 marquees and will try and keep the itinerary as was. We'll improvise if we have to. But we all know the weather will be good enough to hold these things in the sun.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nigel and Pamala

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009

Hi Mavis, yes come when you want ok, just let us know when you will be arriving ok Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
A big thank you

To a wonderful team, very well done, :shout:
Please don't forget you promised the sun, :winky:
We're sure when there we will all have fun. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Keep taking the tablets and we will not tell. :Eeek:
When all's finished it will go well. Promise!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Anyone who went to Peterborough expecting the worse
Put in your flippers instead of your curse.
You must, you must, enjoy the rain
Or this team will never invite you again. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Travel safe
Ann & Harry
Atalantisbird.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Two Questions

Here is a link to the venue http://www.winghall.co.uk/

Nigel and Pamala

Having looked at the pictures of the link is this rally field on the flat or as the picture shows it is down hill / also the grass looks rough and long (i.e I am thinking of wheelchair and power chair use)

second question is they say they do not put up with noise.... so what is the situation regarding the RV's and generators and our get together in our tent?

I know a lot of work has been done to get a replacement... but I am holding fire until I am sure it we will not be stopped using the gennys' and I know I can move about.

Bob

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Hi Mavis, yes come when you want ok, just let us know when you will be arriving ok Regards Garry Flatpackchicken
We are going to hole up at Peterborough Services so we should arrive about 4pm just going to leave sunny Seasalter but we have M25 and dartford tunnel anyway :winky:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Do you know - you lot deserve a medal. I think you have gone beyond the call of duty and we all have much to thank you for. ::bigsmile::hug:

Ivy

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
As Bob has already mentioned - will we be able to keep the social side of things as planned - we are a noisy bunch of so and so's after all :RollEyes:
Being one of the Travelling Wrenburys I'm wondering whether to bother bringing the gear. Will there be power for it, and if there is will we be told to turn it off? :Sad:
That won't put us off coming mind - just means we'll have more space in the garage!
Fantastic job in getting a new venue so quickly! :thumb:
Mike

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Having looked at the pictures of the link is this rally field on the flat or as the picture shows it is down hill / also the grass looks rough and long (i.e I am thinking of wheelchair and power chair use)

second question is they say they do not put up with noise.... so what is the situation regarding the RV's and generators and our get together in our tent?

I know a lot of work has been done to get a replacement... but I am holding fire until I am sure it we will not be stopped using the gennys' and I know I can move about.

Bob

Hi Bob, The field is slightly sloping in places but flat in others where the RVs are going, but grass in quite short at the moment so no problem for your wheel chair, only problem that we have already discussed is the elson dump point (Only one and no RV dump point) but there maybe we can use a macerator to pump to it about 100' i reckon, so have already tried to think about this for you ok, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
As Bob has already mentioned - will we be able to keep the social side of things as planned - we are a noisy bunch of so and so's after all :RollEyes:
Being one of the Travelling Wrenburys I'm wondering whether to bother bringing the gear. Will there be power for it, and if there is will we be told to turn it off? :Sad:
That won't put us off coming mind - just means we'll have more space in the garage!
Fantastic job in getting a new venue so quickly! :thumb:
Mike

Hi Mike, We are hoping to keep as much to the agenda as possible, there is a nice big lawned area for meeting maybe but its attatched to the house so i suppose noise must be kept to acceptable level really we will have to see on the one,???????, There is electric hook ups there about 20 or so on feilds but dont know about lawned area, buti have my honda 2 gennie and hope that would be sufficent for power, if cannot plug into any other scource, ??????
hope this helps but we have to go with what we got really as different sort of venue as rutland was in middle of nowhere really so noise was not an issuie, but we are right beside the house there for the lawn so have to grin and bear it really but if we use the feild for the music then fingers crossed sort of thing?????? Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so noted BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GENNIES?

Hi Bob, The field is slightly sloping in places but flat in others where the RVs are going, but grass in quite short at the moment so no problem for your wheel chair, only problem that we have already discussed is the elson dump point (Only one and no RV dump point) but there maybe we can use a macerator to pump to it about 100' i reckon, so have already tried to think about this for you ok, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Hi Garry... my macerator has 60' and that is about the limits of the pump.. I can drop to a tote unit, but then it becomes an issue how to get the tote up to a elsan point.. would never be able to lift it.

The generator is the main issue as we have to charge the scooter or power chair to be able to use them.. same as smugger and Amanda... it is not a case for us of an extra, but an essential. The last thing I need is some jobs worthy saying turn that noise off. Same issue on the musical instruments.. while I only use a 4 watt speaker on the lap steel guitar and no amplification on the Ukulele are we going to hit issues with playing them.

There site rules seem very harsh....

Can you advise...

Thanks

Bob ... p.s it is not a moan in any way... just rather be sure before we confirm.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
It sounds like the best thing is to suck it and see on the noise side of things.
If the rally field is away from the house and the entertainment tents are there maybe there won't be a huge problem. Especially if we don't keep going too late. :RollEyes:
I'll bring the small PA - it's only 200W so will easily run off a genny.
I won't bother bringing the Marshall stack for the guitars though :Eeek:
Mike

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have sent Garry a p.m.

I have sent Garry a p.m. My concern is I need to charge the Power wheelchair and scooter.. that means running the genny.. if we cannot make any noise then that rules us out.

The fact there is also an issue with no dump point is going to cause a lot of RV's an issue .... we can only last 6 / 7 days at a real push so we might have to cut the trip short as I cannot drop the waste to a tote and lift it to an Elsan point. So that is another down side for me.

Our entertainment was an important part of the get together and if I just wanted to sit quietly then I can just go down the road to a local site.. the idea for me was to mix with friends and have a good social side and we all know how that goes with MHF members...

I am hoping for a response from Garry and will decide tomorrow .. we are 85% loaded and it is mainly last minute food items... so we could cut our lose now... Sue then would work for normal two days next week and have the leave back for use later in the year (most of it has been used this year).

Not anyones fault I know. Just a shame.. think we all got sorted then the rotten weather yet again.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hoping we will get some good news.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
may be I do not have to worry

RUTLAND RALLIERS

DO NOT TRAVEL TO RUTLAND JUST YET

Unfortunatley the new venue Wing Hall, Wing, Oakham. LE15 8RQ is also suffering from soft ground at the entrance All ralliers are advised that they should not leave for this rally until you get the all clear from the Marshals on the forum. Thanks. Jim

Given the new heading on the pages, my concerns my not be a problem...

Having just watched the weather for caste for that area .. there is some serious rain due in the next 24 hours... the longer term forecast is wet.

Will wait for the advice from the marshals, but have a feeling we will be unloading the fridge and freezer.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back