Woops.. Rv Crashes into house .. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A test drive of a motorhome took an unexpected turn Friday afternoon when a reported mechanical failure caused the driver to lose control and crash into a Federal Way house, emergency officials said.

Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Looking at that photo, it was a good job the house was there, and stopped what would surely of been a fatal long drop of the edge!!

Double lucky for occupants not to be in!

At least the MH is colour coordinated, could of been really bad, could of been a white one! :ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Why "OH" why didn`t the driver go down the drive way..:RollEyes:

Must have made a right mess of the garden..:winky:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They've taken advantage of a planning loophole. Home extensions under 23ft 9" don't need permission::bigsmile:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
They've taken advantage of a planning loophole. Home extensions under 23ft 9" don't need permission::bigsmile:

Indeed.. It's an 'American thing ' :roflmto:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
True

Is the RV now less than 23' 9" long? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes true it is now a much smaller RV.. the only difference is that my RV has a front still, and the body and the back and is still 23'9"... but for Rutland I have added 11" using the tow bar extension (Reece) so I can have the tiny trailer further back from the RV... helps to back it up... :RollEyes:

Bob:Blush:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I nothing else JIM........

If nothing else JIM.. everyone knows my RV is 23'9" not many can say that.... or get the remarks about it...

Mind you it still has not sold:cry::cry:

Bob:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If nothing else JIM.. everyone knows my RV is 23'9" not many can say that.... or get the remarks about it...

Mind you it still has not sold:cry::cry:

Bob:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Its a great rig Bob, it will sell, but it just might be slower and a bit lower than you anticipate. Talking to the dealers at the shows, most are selling absolutely nothing. There are thousands of big ticket things, like cars, bikes and motohomes going unsold on eBay. This recession really has passed me by to date, but now its beginning to bite, the easy money is not there, I have to scrap for everything with my quotes getting lower lower :Sad:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As you say JIM on yesterday

Its a great rig Bob, it will sell, but it just might be slower and a bit lower than you anticipate. Talking to the dealers at the shows, most are selling absolutely nothing. There are thousands of big ticket things, like cars, bikes and motohomes going unsold on eBay. This recession really has passed me by to date, but now its beginning to bite, the easy money is not there, I have to scrap for everything with my quotes getting lower lower :Sad:

As you say JIM big price ticket items are not moving. Mind you I was surprised I had not sold anything on ebay since August 2008 - ... yes purchased loads of items. But I am in no rush to sell.. if it goes this year fine if not then next year.. may have to find another toy hauler in that case, but it is not the end of the world. I still found myself spending on it despite having it up for sale:Sad::Sad:Like a lot, I am having to think out side the box more. Rather than pay £60 plus vat for a bit of marine ply I have pressed in to use a pair of adjustable ramps to go across the baby trailer so we can carry the power chair and the small scooter.. cost me £6.00 for 8 U clamps .. now to drill 16 holes in the ramps.... As I do not have the big trailer now, I will not need to haul it to Malvern to carry the scooters... so it is plan B

But at Rutland it is a plan B + Sue is driving the car up so we have transport to get out and also get the milk and bread for others as needed from the Tuesday onwards.. will be there Sunday.. but I am sure we can all last until Tuesday onwards.

Bob

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oh come on folks..
Its pretty obvious what happened !!

This is an American we are talking about................

He put the cruise control on and went in the back to have a look round

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Ooops

Handbrake turns going down the drive, whatever will the chav try next.
so did he buy it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:???????

I looks as though brakes failed going down the drive. In order to prevent going over the edge of the cliff he turned into the house causing the back of the RV to swing around.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
he was trying for a hand brake turn

He was trying for a hand brake turn to get it in the garage... but he forgot he has to use the left leg to put the brake on, so by the time he sorted that out he has done a nifty bit of parking... shame about the awning.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its time they did something about those American brakes, like make em work :Doh:.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I hear some Hymers suffer from bad brakes

Its time they did something about those American brakes, like make em work :Doh:.

If I am not wrong there is an un named member that has an older Hymer that suffers (or did) with bad brakes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.. as I said he was doing a handbrake turn.. just lost it that is all, can happen to any one :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If I am not wrong there is an un named member that has an older Hymer that suffers (or did) with bad brakes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.. as I said he was doing a handbrake turn.. just lost it that is all, can happen to any one :cry::cry::cry::cry:

As an American vehicle owner you will know what I mean Bob :winky:. Good job it happend in daylight as if he had to rely on his headlights he would have missed the house completly :ROFLMAO:.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Its an insurance job, you cant sell/give them away, so better write it off and get something from the insurance company, should get enough to put a deposit on a good European..

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have excellent headlights

As an American vehicle owner you will know what I mean Bob :winky:. Good job it happend in daylight as if he had to rely on his headlights he would have missed the house completly :ROFLMAO:.

I have excellent head lights on my Ford E350.. as good as any european if not better.. remember RV's head lamps dip up and down and not side to side.. so I do not even have to have deflectors to go to europe. Now I bet you would have a hard time finding a euro van that can do that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am not sure about modern european motor homes.. but as my last eurobox I owned was 25 years back.. but they did not have power brakes.. Now my RV has them.. I can stop 5 tons very fast .. that may be having disc brakes all round:RollEyes:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Its an insurance job, you cant sell/give them away, so better write it off and get something from the insurance company, should get enough to put a deposit on a good European..

Gotta find a good one first :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have excellent head lights on my Ford E350.. as good as any european if not better.. remember RV's head lamps dip up and down and not side to side.. so I do not even have to have deflectors to go to europe. Now I bet you would have a hard time finding a euro van that can do that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am not sure about modern european motor homes.. but as my last eurobox I owned was 25 years back.. but they did not have power brakes.. Now my RV has them.. I can stop 5 tons very fast .. that may be having disc brakes all round:RollEyes:

Having owned and driven a considerable amount of Americas finest from a Pontiac straight eight to a Mack 6X4 prime mover tractor unit I have to admit that they make some of the worlds finest engines. But they just don't stop like ANY European vehicle. Also regarding lights. Am of the opinion they just changed the bulbs to 12 volt and left the electrics 6 volt ::bigsmile:.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Not on a Ford E350 Super Duty chassis

Having owned and driven a considerable amount of Americas finest from a Pontiac straight eight to a Mack 6X4 prime mover tractor unit I have to admit that they make some of the worlds finest engines. But they just don't stop like ANY European vehicle. Also regarding lights. Am of the opinion they just changed the bulbs to 12 volt and left the electrics 6 volt ::bigsmile:.

Not an issue light wise on the E350 or the E450 Ford Super Duty chassis.. wonderful light.. as good as any of my cars... remember we are talking about B class and not A class where the lights are an after thought... the The chassis I have is used on American Ambulances and by many fire departments and this is one of the main general truck chassis that Ford makes and they are a proper RV... having had 9 RV's over the years I have had worse lights, but none better.

Bob:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The lights and brakes are fine on mine :thumb: but the Tiffin Allegro a class I had a few years ago had 2 watt bulbs but she was an old un :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back