Silverstone F1 this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Any Funsters heading to the F1 this weekend?

I shall be heading up on the thursday for the whole weekend (lively camping area? :Eeek:)

Cannot wait!! It's another fantastic F1 season. I know people whinge about the gimmicky DRS and KERS blah blah blah, but I don't care - I love the noise, the smell, the spectacle :Smile: and this will be my first year in the motorhome fun! Even better.

I was there with the van weekend before last too for the MG car club weekend. Silverstone is such a great venue. Thank goodness Bernie didn't actually give the GP to Donnington.

Allons y Alonso! ::bigsmile:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I prefer to watch it on telly to be honest. You get to see more of the race and they replay the good bits. Helicopter views etc....

I hope you have a great weekend though...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Come on Button.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Hi

I was at Silverstone last week working, Woodlands is chewed up in places, I've seen it a lot worse, but worth being aware.

Currently they are on Amber status of their wet weather plan - to keep a watch on this
http://www.silverstone.co.uk/woodlands-wet-weather-f1/

They often put motorhomes in Zone A to keep the distance travelled down

Enjoy the racing, the noise and the atmosphere

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Thanks for the link Detnor!

Pleeeeease no more rain! No more rain! :rain:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/[B]Link Removed[/B]Positive thoughts - blue skies and directions to the pub

[B]Link Removed[/B]

hihosilver

Free Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all. I just joined MHF today and spotted this thread! I was at Silverstone a couple of weeks ago for Moto GP (proper racin' :winky:) and the family camping area at Woodlands was a quagmire. The grass hadn't been mown and the 'roadway' through the campsite was almost like the Isle of Wight Festival! I managed to make it to my pitch ok on the Thursday evening but had to be towed off on Sunday tea time! After seeing the 'lively' area I wished I'd booked that instead - the ground and pitches were in much better condition.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Silverstone Woodlands Campsite is now on Red wet weather status - the web site will update during the day. They have had 2 days of continuous rain.

They are pretty efficient towing vehicles on and off, but underfoot will be a mess.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back