Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
Hi all
I am planning to watch stage 14 on Sunday 15th July from the side of the road on one of the mountain climbs.
Has anyone any exoerience of parking the MH on the side of the road, any rules that need following or are you generally allowed to stay there as it is Le Tour?
Is it best to get there a couple of days before to get a good spot and stay for the Friday and Saturday night ready to watch it on the Sunday?
Any information that anyone can send will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Pezza

OP
OP
P

Pezza

Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
If you don't get a reply get searching, this question crops up every year.

Thanks, I have since found that out - should've tried that first - never mind

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
noticed the signs were out for the stage 3 section

As we headed back via Abbeyville towards Calais the signs were our warning of closures for the stage 3 that runs along the coast from Abbeyville to Rouen .. mainly at Boulogne area

Bob:winky:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi

Enjoy the stage. As its a mountain stage I would say you would need to get there at least 2 days before for a half decent spot. Its a fabulous event and Im envious that we wont be watching it live this year. A time trial is also a good one to be at as you can wander round all the team buses and they always give away lots of freebies.

Enjoy

Sonja

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I'd be interested to hear how you get on. Taking the 'home to the Tour is on my to-do list. Looks as though you have to get to a mountains stage in about May to beat the Dutch to them! Suspect there may be certain 'unwritten rules' about who goes where as well. And how do you get the thing anywhere near level on a mountain stage...

OP
OP
P

Pezza

Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
Hi

Enjoy the stage. As its a mountain stage I would say you would need to get there at least 2 days before for a half decent spot. Its a fabulous event and Im envious that we wont be watching it live this year. A time trial is also a good one to be at as you can wander round all the team buses and they always give away lots of freebies.

Enjoy

Sonja

Thanks Sonja
We did Alpe D'huez a few years back but that was in small tents. Dutch corner was unbelievable!! Excellent day and we got there two days prior - but it is a classic stage and the end of the stage. the one this year is mid stage but I think should still be popular.

cheers

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Did this last year - need to get there at least 2 days before to get a parking space. We parked with 6 other vans in a space on a bend, they seem to be pretty lax as long as you are not on or blocking the roadway. We were lucky as just after we had parked they actually closed the mountain road to traffic so had we gone the day before we would not have even been able to get up the mountain let alone find a place to park on it. Basically if you can find a sace then park in it!
On the mountain routes you do not get the carnival/caravan giving out any goodies, somthing to do with health & safety & the environment.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Coming from a dutch family and been following the tour since I was a teenager.

I would always look for the Dutch when they are in large numbers following the Tour. They are like funsters they know how to party :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

However saying that I am looking forward to seeing if Wiggins can deliver a yellow and Cavendish a Green this year.

There is a lot of pressure on both of them to do well.

Go Team Sky.

Sonja

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back