Britain From Above (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Fascinating web site .. but you may have problems connecting due to heavy traffic .. but worth the effort >>

Britain from Above

Britain from Above presents the unique Aerofilms collection of aerial photographs from 1919-1953. Register to zoom into these amazing pictures, identify unlocated images, and share memories.

http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Had more time to play with this and it is fantastic..

You can comment and annotate the images, add them to your profile and download.. you can also start your own group and add pictures. I started one called 'Lochwinnoch Village' , the place I grew up.

I also found the factory where I served my time as an apprentice.. India Tyres Inchinnan ..

what a great resource ..

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Had more time to play with this and it is fantastic..

You can comment and annotate the images, add them to your profile and download.. you can also start your own group and add pictures. I started one called 'Lochwinnoch Village' , the place I grew up.

I also found the factory where I served my time as an apprentice.. India Tyres Inchinnan ..

what a great resource ..

I agree Jim. Totally fascinating. Spent a couple of hours yesterday enthralled :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Registered. We have had a lot of re-development around here and in Liverpool its interesting to see what we've lost and what we've gained.
Especially the old landing stage in Liverpool when the transatlantic ships used to come in (before the days of air travel) and now it looks like we are getting back.
going to look at Speke airport (now John Lennon)

poppy

Free Member
Sep 5, 2011
Solihull
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
since 2011
WOW

:thumb::thumb:just check out this site, `brilliant" Thanks you. I was able to tie up areas with my family tree of the time, in and around Liverpool

Popppy:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back