Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
A long day yesterday.. the final part of breaking the camp down and then heading in to put the cheap petrol in the RV.. well that was not a good thing to do... with the trailer we are 45' long and although the gap between the pumps was wide enough not so the exit to the pay booth which was at 90 degrees and had stack gas containers in cages.... OK so I back up.... but then I have to turn at an acute angle to get round... as there was dozen of cars now waiting to get to the pumps.. I caused chaos... in the end Sue managed to get a few to backup and move out of line and I went at an angle across them to get back out.... Sue walked to the pay booth and sorted out the money... all to save a few cents:Sad::Sad:

The drive back to Calais we did by national roads and locals.. saw some nice places.. no tolls were paid between Neufchatel-en-Bray and the tunnel. The wind was very bad and we topped off fuel at the Total garage on the main road which was 10c a litre more that at Neufchatel... but I had a fair amount of cash euros and wanted to come back with as few as possible.

Went to pet control at the tunnel... never enough room for an RV and trailer, but we did it.. no problems and round to the check in... arrive dead on the 2 hours before and managed to get a train 45 minutes before our scheduled time.

Parked up in the coach / car & caravan area which is much bigger these days and allowed us to have a cup of tea and exercise Ezzie before we went round and boarded.

we got back around 7.30 after again topping the tank off this end and filling the LPG tank in readiness of Rutland Water.

Home to rain this morning..wonderful.

Bob:Blush:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
A long day yesterday.. the final part of breaking the camp down and then heading in to put the cheap petrol in the RV.. well that was not a good thing to do... with the trailer we are 45' long and although the gap between the pumps was wide enough not so the exit to the pay booth which was at 90 degrees and had stack gas containers in cages.... OK so I back up.... but then I have to turn at an acute angle to get round... as there was dozen of cars now waiting to get to the pumps.. I caused chaos... in the end Sue managed to get a few to backup and move out of line and I went at an angle across them to get back out.... Sue walked to the pay booth and sorted out the money... all to save a few cents:Sad::Sad:

The drive back to Calais we did by national roads and locals.. saw some nice places.. no tolls were paid between Neufchatel-en-Bray and the tunnel. The wind was very bad and we topped off fuel at the Total garage on the main road which was 10c a litre more that at Neufchatel... but I had a fair amount of cash euros and wanted to come back with as few as possible.

Went to pet control at the tunnel... never enough room for an RV and trailer, but we did it.. no problems and round to the check in... arrive dead on the 2 hours before and managed to get a train 45 minutes before our scheduled time.

Parked up in the coach / car & caravan area which is much bigger these days and allowed us to have a cup of tea and exercise Ezzie before we went round and boarded.

we got back around 7.30 after again topping the tank off this end and filling the LPG tank in readiness of Rutland Water.

Home to rain this morning..wonderful.

phew...what fun you have in your RV, its must hell with big rig like that, how long is it?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Aah, the benefit of the recce, Bob? Not sure how long your new one will be, but you will need to consider that it won't have the benefit of bending anywhere in the middle like your outfit does now, will it? :whatthe:

I have this problem with supermarket fuel exit paybooths - and motorway toll booths - which is not due to length, but due to the fact the cab windows don't roll down right to the bottom, I presume due to lack of space in the inner depths of the door - so my arm is nowhere near the window to pay. So we just quite calmly cause a jam - Pete maybe stays on the pump or sometimes pulls into the queue then stays where he is whilst I get out, walk forward and pay. Then I get back in, belt up and off we go.

So they have to wait. Shame, innit? Not ....!! I think we just spent a lot more €€€€ than they did ! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
must get me one of these rv thingy's,sound's fun driveing from one petrol station to another to fill up:ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
must get me one of these rv thingy's,sound's fun driveing from one petrol station to another to fill up:ROFLMAO:

In case yer interested Chris
Tesco have opened a new Euro Motor Home section
Fuel and Leisure Batteries
Off the shelf:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 49
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes JJ it was how wide rather than how long

I have always suspected that length and width can sometimes matter...

JJ

It was how wide JJ rather than how long... at 9'11" on the mirrors (OK they fold in..but)

There is about 8" either side of the cab overhang..... as there is a diesel pump on an outside separate area at the fuel station for bus's etc., and motor homes there is not normally a problem.. But they forget a lot of RV's are petrol driven...

It is tight for the toll booths and although our windows drop all the way we are to high for the car ticket area, and to low for the truck dispenser... so been there and got the T shirt.... Sue gets out often and I pick her up the other side of barrier.

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
what no elastic bands?

In case yer interested Chris
Tesco have opened a new Euro Motor Home section
Fuel and Leisure Batteries
Off the shelf:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What no elastic bands Geo? ......

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I could have got there and back

I could have got there and back Chris if I had wanted to.. I carry well over the fuel I need for a trip of 380 miles round trip ... just wanted to take advantage of the fuel at £1.24p a ltr over there.... I am now full and ready for the off to Rutland Water... used over 3 weeks only 1/4 of my LPG.. so refill that as normal.

I only had to dump the black tank twice in 3 weeks...

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I could have got there and back Chris if I had wanted to.. I carry well over the fuel I need for a trip of 380 miles round trip ... just wanted to take advantage of the fuel at £1.24p a ltr over there.... I am now full and ready for the off to Rutland Water... used over 3 weeks only 1/4 of my LPG.. so refill that as normal.

I think i must have made a record only had to dump the black tank once in seven weeks (now who said i was a pi** head) ???

and now in to eighth week wild camping with no EUH :thumb::thumb:
glad i had the solar fitted tops the batteries up a treat :thumb:

of to Duncan on 5th to get hot rod fitted then on to Rutltand to see you all
then over to Oxford to meet a new lady friend so i might have a new travel partner who knows LOL :Cool:

and no you do not h

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Is it really worth the effort Bob.....Asda this week unleaded £126.7 a ltr. Now what does it cost to transport all that extra fuel around, I will garantee that your RV will do less mpg with a full tank than it will with just enough fuel. Then you have the fluctuation in the euro plus the loss in selling euros. Plus the additional miles to get off your route and into numorous fuel stops to brim the tank. etc. etc. Sorry I think that your full tank will have cost you lots. Not to mention if you sell the RV before you use this fuel up.:Wacko::Wacko::Wacko:::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Buttons - It's an American thing.

Enough said:Doh:::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Is it really worth the effort Bob.....Asda this week unleaded £126.7 a ltr. Now what does it cost to transport all that extra fuel around, I will garantee that your RV will do less mpg with a full tank than it will with just enough fuel. Then you have the fluctuation in the euro plus the loss in selling euros. Plus the additional miles to get off your route and into numorous fuel stops to brim the tank. etc. etc. Sorry I think that your full tank will have cost you lots. Not to mention if you sell the RV before you use this fuel up.:Wacko::Wacko::Wacko:::bigsmile:

Hi Buttons is Bob selling is RV then ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:first I've heard of it :winky:
terry

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi Buttons is Bob selling is RV then ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:first I've heard of it :winky:
terry
Well Terry I think we can safely say that this superb specimen of a 23'9" Recreational Vehicle is now officially on the market.:thumb: Bob did say when he returned from France it would be for sale at the very reasonable price that will including every conceivable extra. Bob Sue and the dog is Ezzie will all be very sad to see it go but go it must.:cry:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes Terry and Buttons it is now for sale

Well Terry I think we can safely say that this superb specimen of a 23'9" Recreational Vehicle is now officially on the market.:thumb: Bob did say when he returned from France it would be for sale at the very reasonable price that will including every conceivable extra. Bob Sue and the dog is Ezzie will all be very sad to see it go but go it must.:cry:

Yes Terry and Buttons it is for sale as of now.

I have a couple more photos to take of the bathroom (that big area across the back of the RV).. then it will go on ebay.. once i have managed to work out how to list an item again... 2 years since I listed anything:cry::cry:

We are just debating if to include everything and ask more or ask the price we want and remove items .. if you follow me. (it's an American thing:winky:)

Going back tot he fuel Buttons.. each of the fuel stops was directly on the road we were on and no diversion took place, except round the E'Lecrec car park at Neufchetel-en-Bray.

Now in the South East of the UK we cannot get file under about £1.32/9 at best.. no ASDA within 25 miles of us and even that one near the Dartford River Crossing is not accessible even to 23'9" (especially not with a trailer attached)... by the way the trailer was collected today and is now with it's new owner heading North... so step one has been completed. Next the RV... then we take delivery of the Toy Hauler and then we sell the small red trailer we have used in the past (will be used for Rutland and Malvern shows)...

I am not expecting the RV to sell tomorrow and we are not in a major rush.. but we would like to be able to take delivery on the toy hauler as soon as we can.. but we can wait if we have to.

With the type of RV we have Buttons - unlike a VW.. a tank of fuel and a tank of water would not have any effect on the mpg we get.. we got with the trailer on this last trip 14 mpg overall with the big trailer and the Hyundai on it... Our biggest issue was the wind we encountered, but the gut power we have to hand sorted that out.. mind you Buttons if you had the wind behind your VW you would be getting over 100 mpg .. now for Terry and his home build I think his weight might have him glued to the stop.. home builds tend to be heavy due to the amount of glue they use to keep the cabinets together:winky:

Anyway, I am sure as soon as it is listed it will be reported on the MHF etc., and I will get lists of idiots making enquiries.. but we are ready for that.

But for an honest vehicle that has been babied that has a tank (£450 of fuel) full log tank and even a new Mitchlin tyre in the carrier then you know where to look... it will be at Rutland if anyone is interested in chewing the fat.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

I have a couple more photos to take of the bathroom (that big area across the back of the RV).. then it will go on ebay.. once i have managed to work out how to list an item again... 2 years since I listed anything:cry::cry:

We are just debating if to include everything and ask more or ask the price we want and remove items .. if you follow me. (it's an American thing:winky:)

Going back tot he fuel Buttons.. each of the fuel stops was directly on the road we were on and no diversion took place, except round the E'Lecrec car park at Neufchetel-en-Bray.

Now in the South East of the UK we cannot get file under about £1.32/9 at best.. no ASDA within 25 miles of us and even that one near the Dartford River Crossing is not accessible even to 23'9" (especially not with a trailer attached)... by the way the trailer was collected today and is now with it's new owner heading North... so step one has been completed. Next the RV... then we take delivery of the Toy Hauler and then we sell the small red trailer we have used in the past (will be used for Rutland and Malvern shows)...

I am not expecting the RV to sell tomorrow and we are not in a major rush.. but we would like to be able to take delivery on the toy hauler as soon as we can.. but we can wait if we have to.

With the type of RV we have Buttons - unlike a VW.. a tank of fuel and a tank of water would not have any effect on the mpg we get.. we got with the trailer on this last trip 14 mpg overall with the big trailer and the Hyundai on it... Our biggest issue was the wind we encountered, but the gut power we have to hand sorted that out.. mind you Buttons if you had the wind behind your VW you would be getting over 100 mpg .. now for Terry and his home build I think his weight might have him glued to the stop.. home builds tend to be heavy due to the amount of glue they use to keep the cabinets together:winky:

Anyway, I am sure as soon as it is listed it will be reported on the MHF etc., and I will get lists of idiots making enquiries.. but we are ready for that.

But for an honest vehicle that has been babied that has a tank (£450 of fuel) full log tank and even a new Mitchlin tyre in the carrier then you know where to look... it will be at Rutland if anyone is interested in chewing the fat.

Well I suppose this is a way of saying thanks to Buttons and myself for giving your 23 ft 9 ins yank tank a plug :Doh:
That's it then :Smile: I have plenty of spare weight -fully loaded with fuel,water and us she weighs in at just under 3.5t but she's a 4.2 t vehicle so plenty of spare capacity to fit corian worktops if I wanted to ::bigsmile: As to glue that's there to make sure nothing falls off :thumb:The conversion is the same age as your RV and has only suffered one bit of trim (about 8 ins long)falling off and that was because I missed glueing it :Doh:
terry

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Anyway, I am sure as soon as it is listed it will be reported on the MHF etc., and[HI] I will get lists of idiots making enquiries.. but we are ready for that.[/HI]

But for an honest vehicle that has been babied that[HI] has a tank (£450 of fuel)[/HI] full log tank and even a new Mitchlin tyre in the carrier then you know where to look... it will be at Rutland if anyone is interested in chewing the fat.

Good luck with the sale Bob, be careful you don't throw out the baby with the bath water.:Blush:
A tank with £450 of fuel in it.....wow!!! just did a quick calculation, it would take me 3500 miles that's equivalent to the distance from London to New york. Just waiting for the bridge :winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
is that calculated at 98 mpg or 99 mpg Buttons?

Good luck with the sale Bob, be careful you don't throw out the baby with the bath water.:Blush:
A tank with £450 of fuel in it.....wow!!! just did a quick calculation, it would take me 3500 miles that's equivalent to the distance from London to New york. Just waiting for the bridge :winky:

Is that calculated at 98 mpg or 99 mpg Buttons.?????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It is a case of the old TV program.. 'never mind the quality feel the width' ... horse for courses Buttons.

Just had to spend out £536 for the next years insurance on the RV.. if it goes it goes if it does not then it does not. Philosophical about it.

While it is exciting thinking about the new RV, this one has been a great vehicle and will be sorry to see it go.... now 7 years old and less than 20 k on the clock...

But thank you Treacle and Buttons for keeping the 23'9" in the lime light... not gone so I am sure you will all read more.

The chap that collected the trailer yesterday, does not post on the forum often, but he knew all about the 23'9" .. so advertising works.... we, it must.. I mentioned the trailer was for sale in the Rutland Water meet and he p.m'd me and we did a deal.

Terry I note what you say about your 'home build' I think yours is an exception... I have seen some very poor ones at times.. like the shed on the back of the pickup at Malvern each year.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I know yours is a bit more than that:winky:

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back