Now €20 at the vets in Amiens (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Just back from the vets in Amiens.. as there is no tick needed now he has reduced his charges... that makes a change.. Ezzie all 80 kgs of her is €20 .. was €28 last year.

The local vets in Neufchatel-en-Bray wanted €60 .. our vet we use all the time gives an injection for the wormer and not tablets.. so it has nothing to do with the weight.

By the way the vet does have a car park.. while I could not get in with my RV... even at 23'9" (plus the trailer)... making me 45' .. it does have an area that a normal eurbox can turn around in... I use the street or Lidl's car park down the road ... but we were using the car so had no problems in the car park.. but a bog standard motor home would be able to get in and turn around.

I know a lot of other English go to him from the various recommendations.. another UK family was due according to is appointments at 4 p.m today.

Nice run across to Amiens on the D road .. fast and straight roads..

Bob:thumb:

driving

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
doncaster southyorkshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
hi there,
you replied to my thread at my tow car/ A frame not having anything to do with motorhomes welll what does going to the vets have to do with it and alot of your other threads have nothing to do with motorhomes either. get off your high horse and leave new funsters alone

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I see you are new here

hi there,
you replied to my thread at my tow car/ A frame not having anything to do with motorhomes welll what does going to the vets have to do with it and alot of your other threads have nothing to do with motorhomes either. get off your high horse and leave new funsters alone

I see you are new here... You were being pointed to the classified section.. which is the best place to place a toad for sale... often we find new members think the site is a free advertising medium. While you may find some of the more 'established' members do advertise or banter about it, they tend to have joined in the forum life and contributed and not tried to just take away from it.

What has a vet's got to do with motor homing.. a lot I would say.. firstly the heading chosen to bring members up today is Continental Touring.. you will be amazed just how many dog owners have motor homes or RV's ... on the site I am on now, there is dozens of dogs and a lot of English motor homes.. Many have gone to this vet or others from recommendation from members. That is what vets has to do with motor homes.

I read your advert.. it was rather spawning and had been put on 4 times if I recall.

We have a good band of people on here, and you will find the older hands will often try and help the new ones... even if they think it is a free advertising medium. as we say you can lead a horse to water.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Bob were booked with them also after your recommendation, I'm well happy with the 20 euros, we paid near 50 last year at St Omer.

Keep the tips comping Bob, especially money saving ones, times are hard down south at the moment, I'm down to me last million:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Sue enquired just for interest stake where we are

Bob were booked with them also after your recommendation, I'm well happy with the 20 euros, we paid near 50 last year at St Omer.

Keep the tips comping Bob, especially money saving ones, times are hard down south at the moment, I'm down to me last million:ROFLMAO:

Sue enquired just for interest sake where we are.. they wanted €60 ... they were going on about Ezzie's 80 kgs weight... the vet in Amiens uses an injection and says the weight is covered accordingly.. and he is not going to charge for something not needed... now that makes a change.

Lots of MHF members have now used them and it is great see others making a saving from information on MHF... makes paying the £10 subs each year worth while when you get money back in different ways.

Bob:thumb:

Barneybear

Free Member
Apr 12, 2013
MALVERN
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
Vet's Details

Hi

Have just found your post and registered with this useful site. We are shortly off to France for the first time with our pooch and will need a vet for the required ticks/fleas etc., on the return leg. As we're booked into Parc des Cygnes - near Amiens, could you give me the full address of the vet you recommend - is it near the site do you know? Thank you very much.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

Have just found your post and registered with this useful site. We are shortly off to France for the first time with our pooch and will need a vet for the required ticks/fleas etc., on the return leg. As we're booked into Parc des Cygnes - near Amiens, could you give me the full address of the vet you recommend - is it near the site do you know? Thank you very much.

I'm afraid Bob hasn't been on the forum since last year .. so he is unlikely to reply.. but others may know..

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Go to the downloads section ( home, left side... dowloads ) there is a file set up by roryboys dad on vets in france loads of upto date data.:thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi

The address for the Vets in Amiens is:
328, Rue Faubourg de Hem,
80000 Amiens
Tel: 0033 322 662899 (from UK)

I emailed in advance to book an appointment and check the costs.The email address is: cabinet.bove@orange.fr if you would rather email than phone.

The Vet spoke good english and the surgery was spotless.

The car park at the rear of the Vets is small. We parked just along the road at Lidl. It is a small Lidl but we managed to park and there is street parking if all else fails.

I hope that helps. Have a great trip.

Hazel & Dane

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back