LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
BigGrin: Well it set out to be :Smile: Firstly went to morry's to fill up and grab a bit of shopping so reversed up to the hedge bottom in the car park and decided we were just a little stuck out at the front. Decided to back into hedge and give it a little shove -watched carefully as the ass end touch the hedge then bang -there was a bloody post in there :Doh: snapped a 2 ins by about a foot long bit off the bottom of the bumper :Smile::Eeek: and got a lot of ear ache
Then pulled up to a set of traffic lights waiting for the change -felt the throttle just go :Eeek: had to simply let it go on tickover through the lights which by this time the traffic from the other side was bearing down on us ::bigsmile: so I remembered to stick hazard lights on :Smile: got a few horn blows from both front and rear ::bigsmile: (as if it bothered me ) then I got onto a small side street (still on tick over) pulled up on kerb and had a look under the van ::bigsmile:A clip had come off and let the cable/rod come off its socket -simply shoved it back on and used a tie wrap to hold it there until we got home :thumb:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Well you are home that is good

Well you are safe and sound that is the main thing... You will soon have the bumper sorted.

Bob

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
good job its a self build and your confident otherwise it could have been an expensive hedge :Doh:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well you are safe and sound that is the main thing... You will soon have the bumper sorted.

Bob
Already super glued it back on Bob -about 1 min :thumb::winky:

good job its a self build and your confident otherwise it could have been an expensive hedge :Doh:
I could fill and repaint, but it will only cost seven quid for a new 2 mtr piece and about 15 mins to remove and replace :thumb:Then it will take longer to clean the spray gun than to spray it ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back