Battery switch advice. (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Not sure about the battery switch at the front which puts the 12v on.
I have this on when driving and it runs the fridge, when on EHU the fridge is switched over to mains.
My question is should the switch still be in the on posiiton when on EHU, does it make any difference, when i switched it off everything still seemed to work ok.
Sometimes electrics seem to make sense then other times:Doh::Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the 12v master switch has nothing to do with the fridge when driving...the engine battery (or more properly, the alternator) runs the fridge in that instance.

the 12v fridge relay switch's off when you stop the engine so leaving the fridge's 12v switch turned on when on hookup wont do any harm.

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
So on that basis the 12v master switch does nothing when on EHU. Only in use when say wildcamping.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
usually the on-board battery charger will act as a power supply on hookup so the battery is redundant unless more power is needed than the charger can supply (maybe 15amps) then the battery will supply what extra is needed, and then recharge when the excess load is removed.

turn the master switch on, or possibly the battery wont receive a charge if turned off.

again, leaving the 12v fridge switch on wont hurt anything or flatten the battery.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Not sure about the battery switch at the front which puts the 12v on.
I have this on when driving and it runs the fridge, when on EHU the fridge is switched over to mains.
My question is should the switch still be in the on posiiton when on EHU, does it make any difference, when i switched it off everything still seemed to work ok.
Sometimes electrics seem to make sense then other times:Doh::Doh:

The red key switch stays on 24/7 on our S700. If you turn it off is disconnects the internal electics and step from the battery. If off on EHU you are not charging your leisure battery.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back