Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
It is a bright warm day in Normandy today (Tuesday) .. sun out, not to hot, not to cold, slight breeze and the humidity has dropped from earlier this morning.

A number of British motor homes and caravans passing through after the Le mans weekend...

site was a little less busy yesterday... Sunday they put the full sign up. Hope the weather stays good for a while longer.

Back to the real world next week.... more MHF than now.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Skpe has been very useful this trip.. have managed to keep in touch with the family and friends...

Bob:winky:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Glad you're enjoying the weather, it's sunny today in Norfolk too. :Smile:

Hope the RV is behaving itself as well, after all not long now before it's on sale. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
that is right ... 23'9"

Glad you're enjoying the weather, it's sunny today in Norfolk too. :Smile:

Hope the RV is behaving itself as well, after all not long now before it's on sale. :ROFLMAO:

Yes all is fine with it... the new tyre is in place and we head back home on Saturday.. I will list it sometime next week I suspect, but no hurry.. would rather it did not go until after Rutland Water and Malvern.. but the replacement is available if needed.. just the getting it's inverters sorted out and a few other goodies that will take the time. But in no rush .. if it goes now fine, if it is next year fine.... (subject to the toy hauler still being available ..which it should be).

Just about to have a wee French beer .. and getting ready to BBQ on the Cobb a Flatpack Chicken... no not Garry.. but a South African spicy Maple one...

Oh this is the life...

Bob aka as 23'9":Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Here in Honfleur after the le Mans weekend ( wife needed the break!!) weather as you say is nice and sunny. Staying at the municipal site in town which has the greatest showers ever, just a shame that most of the site is water logged.!

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
not so at Neufchatel-en-Bray

Here in Honfleur after the le Mans weekend ( wife needed the break!!) weather as you say is nice and sunny. Staying at the municipal site in town which has the greatest showers ever, just a shame that most of the site is water logged.!

No water logging here... we even have a river running down the side and it is about 10' down below us and even in the bad weather last week it stayed low.

The site is very good as I have said before in posts.. sunny here and a cool beer in hand ..

Been here a couple weeks now.. leave on Saturday.. shame, love this place, great town close to the site - walking distance.. good value and very tidy and kept in first class order.. who would think it was a 2 star site.... camping Sainte Claire. in the ACSI book... but his normal fees are very low in any case.

Bob:thumb::thumb:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Honfleur

we are on camping La Briquerie at Honfleur atfer having a nightmare journey from dunkirk
we broke down on the a28 near neufchatel en bray being towed to two different garages
for repairs we landed at the fiat professional garage in dieppe 7 days ago we got our van back this morning after having a new engine fitted ouch 9100 euros, timng belt had snapped and wrecked the valves etc. etc. wouldnt mind but I had new belt and pulleys /tensioner fitted less than 2000 miles ago the garage said that a bolt had come out hence the belt snapped boy is that unlucky :Doh: the fiat guys were indeed professional and helped us find a room and gave us a car for the week Im just so happy now to back on the road and in the sun and a lot lighter in the wallet :Sad:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As a lot know we lost a tyre on the way here

we are on camping La Briquerie at Honfleur atfer having a nightmare journey from dunkirk
we broke down on the a28 near neufchatel en bray being towed to two different garages
for repairs we landed at the fiat professional garage in dieppe 7 days ago we got our van back this morning after having a new engine fitted ouch 9100 euros, timng belt had snapped and wrecked the valves etc. etc. wouldnt mind but I had new belt and pulleys /tensioner fitted less than 2000 miles ago the garage said that a bolt had come out hence the belt snapped boy is that unlucky :Doh: the fiat guys were indeed professional and helped us find a room and gave us a car for the week Im just so happy now to back on the road and in the sun and a lot lighter in the wallet :Sad:

We lost a tyre.. blew outside twin on the UK near side on the channel train as we came off. Had to get ADAC to call a breakdown truck out.. fortunately we had a spare in the continental wheel carrier on our Winnebago. We got under way after a 3 hour delay and then got Frankie - our French member to help out.... she sorted it and we had a new tyre at the local depot of Michelin in a couple of days. We have since been on the site at Neufchatel-en-Bray now for two weeks today.. we have been here a number of times over the years and had decided to make it our base.

Being only 33 km from Dieppe means we have been in to the port area and to other places not far away.. very relaxing break.. due back late on Saturday... wish it could be longer.

I am glad to read you are underway again.. boy that engine was expensive.... I thought my tyre at €206 was over the top compared to what I pay in the UK... but we have heard of the issues of Fiat only fitting new engines and not doing any repairs.. would it not have been worth being received back to the UK and having the engine issues dealt with back at home.

especially given the issue that you had the belt and pulley changed not long ago.

If you get a chance do try this site.. Sainte Clalre in Neufchatel-en-Bray .. very nice place..

I would say 45% British 45% Dutch and the rest German or French ...

Bob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

9000 euros - Crikey I am sorry:Sad:

Hopefully when you get home you can pass some of that on to someone else.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Have just read your post and we are really sorry to hear about your bad luck. It's bad enough breaking down on your home territory, but it must be a nightmare to break down abroad, not to mention the cost:Sad:
Really hope that the rest of your holiday goes without any more hitches and that the sun continues to shine for you:thumb:
Margaret & Bill

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
even warmer today

It is even warmer to day.. real sun.. temperature is up to 27 now and a slight freezer (thank goodness)...

Bob

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Fiat engine

That is very bad news Mike hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday Gray.
Thanks Gray I would have most definetly bought your litte car but as things stand at present you will understand that Im stony broke so I hope that you can /have sold it
all the best Mike
:thumb:/

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years

Sorry to hear of that bad news, we stayed on that site last year and liked it, bus outside into Honfleur and staff in bus station very helpful. Good value with ASCI card.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back