Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Anyone interested in a motor home before i advertise it eleswhere,
Having a complete change of direction so my motor home, tow car and trailer are up for grabs,
The Motor home,
2007 Chausson Welcome 28 GA this is the desirable garage model great for any type of outdoor pursuit’s be it motorsport to skiing the garage can handle a scooter to a motocross bike anything larger would go on a trailer the main vehicle is a MK 7 transit the one with the gearshift on the dash it can pull two tonnes with a payload of 600kg it has twin rear wheels and is the 140TDCI engine 6 speed, main features of the van are,
Year 2007,
21,000 Miles very low miles for a five year old van if this was a builders pick up it would have 100k+miles,
I pod socket,
Bury Hands free kit you will need the cradle for your phone (EBay)
Electric tinted windows, power mirrors, Cruise control, Air con, computer,
Just been Mot`d and serviced always Ford main dealer cared for, I had the cooling system flushed and refilled with lower temp coolant the tracking reset, at the same time, the 140bhp engine only needs servicing every 24 months but this has been done every 12 months lots of clean oil and filters,
Just had two new front Tyres, while they were off I had the front wheels blasted and powder coated,
Its plated at 3,850kg so you will need to have passed your test before 1997 or have taken another test, the benefit of having it uprated from 3,500kg it its classed as a private HGV so road tax is only £165.00 per year, this is just a paperwork excises and does not need any modifications to the vehicle,
Pulls like new even with the twin axel Brian James trailer with the 800kg Toyota Aygo on,
Tow bar 13 pin socket with adaptor,
Front mud flaps,
No disrespect to front wheel drive this van is rear wheel drive like a proper commercial vehicle so can go more than three feet on to a slightly wet level field without getting completely stuck,
I used to take my Westfield in a covered Brian James trailer to meetings and time again the front wheel drive vans had to be pulled off even after a light shower I never needed the help even with the weight of the trailer on it just drives off I would always have rear wheel drive like the good lord intended,
The caravan part as I like to refer to it or the bit on the back,
6 berth with two fixed double beds one on gas struts above the cab which is heated but never been used still got the plastic cover on it used for extra storage gazebo loungers etc., the other is above the rear garage this comes with a custom memory foam mattress topper, the third double bed can be made up from the fixed dinette and rearranging the cushions I’ve never needed to do this as I don’t have enough friends to take with me,
The two cab seats swivel round (Capt. Chairs) to form your living room they also come with booster cushions if you wish to eat from the table sat in these seats,
There is a curtain that separates the cab from the living part at night on a track they store at each side with hook and ties during the day or traveling (yes I know I’m rambling) all the curtains are custom made I have the originals but are thin while we are about it the carpet is aftermarket I have the original also,
There is a heater unit while in transit under the table,
There is a large fridge good size oven (rarely used if you tasted my wife’s cooking you would understand) hob and extractor round sink c/w mixer taps a shower (again not used much “no we are not dirty people” but try to use site facilities as much as possible) cassette toilet loads of storage it has gas central blown air heating,
I’ve just changed all but the two main lights for LED bulbs not cheap but save loads or power I have gone three days without starting the engine or plugging in to a landline this should increase that to four but it’s no hard ship to run the engine for ten minutes or run a silent Gennie (I might let go with the van 3KW inverter type)
Now for the good bit its fitted with a Camos self-seeking TV dome just park up press a button it seeks out the satalight and the TV comes on it thinks it is wherever it’s been set up in my case the east midlands can be changed I’ve watched east midlands tonight in about ten country’s also the 15inch LCD TV will stay with the van on its custom bracket,
In the wardrobe is a polarity changeover box if you plug into a site socket that’s been wired reverse polarity the box will tell you just flick the switch and its reversed no need to carry a lead that’s wired reversed or tester,
The living area and garage has also got extra 240V sockets fitted plus a 12V socket to allow for a cool box which will come with the van, there is also a 80W green house type heater hard wired in the garage also an extra LED light,
There is also an external hot and cold shower point for washing the dog or your feet when coming from the beach I used it to rinse the Westfield after track time (large internal water tank)
The caravan and garage doors are fitted with Fiamma security locks while on the subject of security the transit has one of the best deadlock system on a van there is also a clutch claw that goes over the brake and clutch pedal there is no alarm I don’t like them they malfunction when you don’t want them to usually at two in the morning on a campsite scaring all the old dears to death and nobody take any notice of them any way it was my choice but I’m sure if the new owner want one it could be sorted,
AS previously mentioned there is a tow bar fitted, the van will come with everthing needed to camp, ie two full 13kg gas bottles, hose, ramps, electric lead a full tank of fuel and anything eles i can think of i will even fill the water tank up if required dont worry the toilet is empty and clean just add your cloths and food,
I’ve probably missed things but if any ones got question just PM me with their email address and I will send photos the price is £27k not bad for £40+ van when new Graham.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
more details than mine

Boy, I thought my plugging was blatant ... you know with the 23'9" stuff ... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Perhaps a case for the classified section of Fun...

I would guess anyone looking to buy a van would look there first...

JJ
I must be blind JJ i could not find a section for it link it for me and i will gladly relist it and Jim will have to remove the original post or let it go down and down until lost in the mist of time.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is a chargeable section if I recall

I must be blind JJ i could not find a section for it link it for me and i will gladly relist it and Jim will have to remove the original post or let it go down and down until lost in the mist of time.

It is a chargeable section if I recall.. hence we sneak in plugs when we want to sell something...

Bob.... p.s see we are keeping it going for you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
M

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Was unaware of that, good job theres people such as your self watching the site making sure things dont get through, you might want to have a word with the guy thats posted the towcar for sale maybe we can get together and get a bit of discount :ROFLMAO: its true i want to sell my van but by listing on here first there might be somone that wants one so win win Gray.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

On the left hand strip of the home page there is a section for classified ads...

As Bob said... there is a small charge... but then it would stay there unlike posts which drop down the page eventually...

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
M

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
That explains it JJ i dont go on the home page mines set to go strieght to Forum :Doh:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
hence we sneak bits in now and then

That explains it JJ i dont go on the home page mines set to go strieght to Forum :Doh:

hence we sneak a bit in now and then.. do not want JIM to get to rich...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It is the traders we watch for...... they are worse than us. But as JJ says the posts soon fall off the forum live pages as so many posts come on in a day.. While it may be a good place to get a sale... I agree with JJ if it is a serious push then the classifieds are the best place to sell an item. or good old Ebay.. lots of the members are on ebay and soon spot things of interest.

Anyway good luck with your disposal .....

Bob

OP
OP
M

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Fully understand now i know its there i will list when i get time lets hope a few more members see it and comment, it will keep pushing it to the top thanks again for the heads up Gray. :thumb:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
:winky:
Fully understand now i know its there i will list when i get time lets hope a few more members see it and comment, it will keep pushing it to the top thanks again for the heads up Gray.

Like you mate, i have been on here for over 2 years now and i could never find the classified section either, just shows you can teach and old dog new tricks:winky:::bigsmile: Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
how old is that dog???

:winky:

Like you mate, i have been on here for over 2 years now and i could never find the classified section either, just shows you can teach and old dog new tricks:winky:::bigsmile: Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Garry... and how old is that dog now???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: new tricks yea right on:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
On the left hand strip of the home page there is a section for classified ads...

As Bob said... there is a small charge... but then it would stay there unlike posts which drop down the page eventually...

JJ :Cool:

Not when Bob's selling something! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Anyone want a 23'9" RV?

Not when Bob's selling something! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Who me? all I do is mention 23'9" .. it drives certain people round the bend it seems.

The fact it is a Winnebago aspect 2005 has little to do with it... I will advertise it on ebay... but if you want to see it.. go to the red link below... .. it has to be done subtly ... I bet all the members know what is 23'9" long by now and I am not working at it either.. yet.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back