Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
The French are really confusing me.....

Today being Monday as we know everything is closed.. except the E'Lecrec down the road... yesterday - Sunday it was closed... thank goodness of a corner shop.. we got some milk in the town.

Today I wanted to go to Super U on the other side of the town and stock up on some of the excellent cider they do.. so punted across town and headed to the store on the outskirts... Yes it was closed.

Back to E'lecrec .. get some petrol at 1.54 cheapest it has been.. OK if you want to pay by card.. but the cash booth was closed ... why.. Monday.

I think I will just give up on Sundays and Mondays.

We have plenty of other supplies.. just wanted a few extra.. oh well tomorrow.... Tuesday should be safe.

Bob:Blush:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
The French are really confusing me.....

Today being Monday as we know everything is closed.. except the E'Lecrec down the road... yesterday - Sunday it was closed... thank goodness of a corner shop.. we got some milk in the town.

Today I wanted to go to Super U on the other side of the town and stock up on some of the excellent cider they do.. so punted across town and headed to the store on the outskirts... Yes it was closed.

Back to E'lecrec .. get some petrol at 1.54 cheapest it has been.. OK if you want to pay by card.. but the cash booth was closed ... why.. Monday.

I think I will just give up on Sundays and Mondays.

We have plenty of other supplies.. just wanted a few extra.. oh well tomorrow.... Tuesday should be safe.

Bob:Blush:

It usually works like this...which ever shop (including banks) is working on Saturdays is off on Mondays . ths bigger the shop the less shut ... why? Because the employees who have been working on the saturday are just replaced by others on the monday . If the shop is too tiny to have several employees then ... the one who has been working on saturday will have his day off on monday , so... unless the boss wants to work on his own ... the shop will be shut .

Does it make any sense to you? ....or not?

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don't you find it refreshing to find shops closed on a Sunday? That's the best time to take Siân into town::bigsmile: Where I live a lot of the shops still close Wednesday afternoons, brilliant. How many shopping hours do we need:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
No Frankie I am even more confused

It usually works like this...which ever shop (including banks) is working on Saturdays is off on Mondays . ths bigger the shop the less shut ... why? Because the employees who have been working on the saturday are just replaced by others on the monday . If the shop is too tiny to have several employees then ... the one who has been working on saturday will have his day off on monday , so... unless the boss wants to work on his own ... the shop will be shut .

Does it make any sense to you? ....or not?

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Thank you Frankie for trying to explain.. but I am even more confused now.. it is like understanding JJ and FBPs.... somethings cannot be explained:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The E'Lecrec car park was full.. yet a mile away the Super S was closed.. both as big as each other... do they agree which one closes when? I know the bakers on the hill does.. one opens Sunday then closes on Monday and then the other one does it the other way round.. if you follow me.

But I like Jim's idea... we used to have all our shops closed on a Sunday in the UK.. I liked those days.. easier life style... but the rational behind JIM's thinking is very sound.

Mind you Sue did find a shoe shop open to day:Sad::Sad: lucky they did not have her size.:Blush:

Bob:thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thank you Frankie for trying to explain.. but I am even more confused now.. it is like understanding JJ and FBPs.... somethings cannot be explained:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The E'Lecrec car park was full.. yet a mile away the Super S was closed.. both as big as each other... do they agree which one closes when? I know the bakers on the hill does.. one opens Sunday then closes on Monday and then the other one does it the other way round.. if you follow me.

But I like Jim's idea... we used to have all our shops closed on a Sunday in the UK.. I liked those days.. easier life style... but the rational behind JIM's thinking is very sound.

Mind you Sue did find a shoe shop open to day:Sad::Sad: lucky they did not have her size.:Blush:

Bob:thumb:

Probably Yes .... If they are in a rural zone or , at least in a rather small town , then it might not be worth it to have them both opened , economicaly that is . They might have local rules so that each one can survive

I gave you a usual rule , but as everything it has its exceptions . The rule I gave you works on the 35 hours working/5 days week + 2days off for full time employees

Too many exceptions to talk about them here and anyway only "shops and alike" have an interest for you

I work 15 hours a day/7days ... and no I won't explain::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back