Very nice motorhome for sale on ebay... (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User

Link Removed

Only 28 feet long and hardly run in at 18,600 miles...absolute bargain for somebody*

(*but then I would say that....as I'm selling it
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Very nice Bryan, so what next? A small economical Eurovan? at least with a drop down bed you wouldn't have to make it up every night.
good luck with the sale looks a really nice van, great for site sitting in.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi Roger,

No need to make a bed up every night in this van either (did you miss the fixed bed in the rear? :winky:)

The rock-and-roll sofa is the 'spare' bed.

One unusual thing about this motorhome is that it has more than enough seatbelts for the berths...some motorhomes are classed as 4/6 berths but don't have enough seatbelts for that many passengers.

This motorhome has 7 seatbelts so can easily take more passengers than most other vehicles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
OUR 23'9" Winnebago Aspect will be joining the ebay listing

Like you Bryan, our RV is going up for sale as soon as we come back to the UK from France.

We are going for a Toy Hauler.

Our Winnebago like your RV is fully loaded with slide out and yes the same 7 seat belts... at 18k miles it is hardly run in. It is a baby at 23'9" and european size.....we are in no rush to sell it and it will go in the classifieds.. with an asking price of £32k as is.. or if need be I will take some of the 120 extra off like the new sets of front and back brake shoes, the snooper satellite system, the cb's and the macerator.. to many extra to mention... but it will all be there on ebay in a few weeks time... for s sneak via look at the red link below.. let it load... yes it was £28k when we purchased it, but we have added £14k of extras.. the vehicle is now priced way under forecourt price by about £10k.

Bob:Blush:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Now that id love to see, a 32k Rv sell without front and rear brakes:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Now that id love to see, a 32k Rv sell without front and rear brakes:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
All the yanks I have had over the years ...and have had a few, May as well have been made with non for what use they were :ROFLMAO:.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Like you Bryan, our RV is going up for sale as soon as we come back to the UK from France.

We are going for a Toy Hauler.

Our Winnebago like your RV is fully loaded with slide out and yes the same 7 seat belts... at 18k miles it is hardly run in. It is a baby at 23'9" and european size.....we are in no rush to sell it and it will go in the classifieds.. with an asking price of £32k as is.. or if need be I will take some of the 120 extra off like the new sets of front and back brake shoes, the snooper satellite system, the cb's and the macerator.. to many extra to mention... but it will all be there on ebay in a few weeks time... for s sneak via look at the red link below.. let it load... yes it was £28k when we purchased it, but we have added £14k of extras.. the vehicle is now priced way under forecourt price by about £10k.

BUTTONS............ Where are you.....dip your bread in here.....pay back time.......RVs Americans all going for CHEAP CHEAP on this thread.... even your sparring partner slobadoberbob. selling for money a lot less than your Volkswagen... maybe and only maybe.. you may like a second bus to leave on site:winky:, not worth moving it 5 mpg:winky:
BUTTONS where are you:Eeek::Doh:..... as Delia Smith once said on a football ground when the opposition did not turn up! WHERE ARE YOU..
They may say OH we are buying another RV:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: well you would wouldn't you.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:......rats jumping / leaving a sinking ship springs to mind.:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
....I bet they have been looking at Ice cream carts Euroboxes in secret:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You know Buttons will come off worse in a scrap

Buttons will come of worse in a scrap.. I suspect he is hiding:reel::reel::reel: As I say, I am not in a hurry ... it is not a forced sale.. if it goes now, then so be it.. if it is later in the year or next year so be it. I have every hope of attending Malvern and Rutland water before that and we are back here in France in September and I have laid out money on Malvern and also the September French trip so I am not rushing things. I have already spoken to VanBitz about the electrics we need on a toy hauler.. When I purchased this RV it took me nearly 2 years to find it... I have one in mind (Toy Hauler)... fortunately it is a deal that is not in a rush situation.

It is the same power unit.. 6.8 ltr V10.. new shape front Ford on an E450 chassis... the mileage and price is right for me. But I need to sell on the Winnebago I have. Unlike some who can have more than one motor home on there drive or own. I am unable to do that. So this one goes and the new replacement one comes.

I must admit I doubt I will get 14/15 MPG with a toy hauler, but I will still get a reasonable return on the fuel.

I do not know what Bryan's plans are, but he and Sue are known to change RV's ... but to the best of my knowledge he always seems to buy another RV... once you have had one you do not go back to a european motor home, well we would never do so.

Button has no fears that we would buy a VW... but I could never claim my RV could do 95 mpg..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Those that know my RV will know it is fantastic value.... and it is european size, but with all those American goodies.. the difference between my RV and Brayns is his about 5' longer... we both have all the toys.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Roger,

No need to make a bed up every night in this van either (did you miss the fixed bed in the rear? :winky:)

I looked for one, is there a picture?[STRIKE] Must be [/STRIKE] am (found it, hee hee)going blind as well as senile in my old age.

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I looked for one, is there a picture?[STRIKE] Must be [/STRIKE] am (found it, hee hee)going blind as well as senile in my old age.

Specsavers spring to mind Roger...so I have typed this reply large letters:winky::thumb:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User

Glad you found it (although as it's a double I don't know how you missed it :ROFLMAO:)

For anyone still playing 'hunt-the-bed' here's a proper picture ::bigsmile:

Link Removed

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Looks like it may have been used as a full timer, notice the site(south) somewhere and how grown in it is !
I have seen full timer MH before--worn floors/utility items---:Eeek:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I think you will find Bryan used it mainly in Spain

If I am not wrong it was mainly used in Spain... did see it at Lincoln the year before last and before Bryan headed back to the warmer weather with it.

The issue of buying an RV or for that matter any motor home is to establish the life of the vehicle.

I was always told an ex hire company car like Avis or Hertz was great as they were washed nearly every day (not polished) .. but were disposed of at around 9,000 miles... is that good or bad?

I cannot speak for someone who lives full time on the vehicle they have, but I know for mine it has had very few days use (living in over a year) .. may be 30 days or a maximum of 40 days... so everything gets used a lot less. it is really horses for courses. You should always look at a motor home if you can before you buy it, does not matter if it is on ebay or not.

Ask to see the service history and the bills for what has been spent on it.... in my case I have two A4 ring binders .. the big ones.. every job, every purchase (with the receipts) is recorded. Every issue as they came up and how they were sorted.. all listed. I know whoever buys my Winnebago Aspect will be able to know as much about it as I know and can look back at the £14k I have spent on it in toys and upgrades.

But the best thing is to go and see it .. look at the inside, look at the body work, look under the vehicle, check the tyres for wear and any age cracks... look at the seats, see what sort of wear there is..

If a motorhome is full timed the fridge and other appliances will have been worked more than one that is used little, that stands to reason. But if the motor home is right for you then go forward from that position.

While I note Bryan's permeant bed, it would be little good to a chap my size... OK for smaller people. But if I was going for a permeant bed it would be an East / West... I am not keen on the coffin beds .. pig to get in and out of.

We have two doubles.. and have one each... But as far as a 28' motorhome goes, Bryan's does tick the boxes:thumb: if you make allowances as needed to meet your own requirements.

Everyone has there dream motor home.. often it is a compromise.:Sad:

Anyway I suspect my winnebago Aspect would not suit all.. but I do have the European size 23'9" on my side and all the American toys and a slide out.... but we will see when we put the advert on Ebay at the end of the month.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I am SO tempted::bigsmile: i got to keep talking myself out of it.
I must not spend-i must not spend--Greek poll tomorrow--we may all be heading for ---???:Eeek:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Bryan make have to take a haircut

I am SO tempted::bigsmile: i got to keep talking myself out of it.
I must not spend-i must not spend--Greek poll tomorrow--we may all be heading for ---???:Eeek:

If the Greeks go tits up then Bryan may have to take a haircut.....

Bob:Cool:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Just looking through ebay at MH `s ,i have not seen one yet---A Euro MH ie ; Fiat/Pug , with slide outs.:thumb:

It would be nice to have the room with out having to go yank with big CC engines.
:Eeek:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Looks like it may have been used as a full timer, notice the site(south) somewhere and how grown in it is !
I have seen full timer MH before--worn floors/utility items---:Eeek:

Interesting that you have managed to draw that conclusion :Smile:

It has never been used as a 'full-timer', the photo you refer to was taken whilst we were using it in Spain over the winter months.

I too have been in some very shabby motorhomes and I can assure any potential interested parties that this is not the case with this one :Smile:

As is clear from the photos the interior has been updated (new flooring, re-upholstered the sofa, chairs, pelmets etc. new kitchen tap, new fridge condenser...I could go on...) and as it has only been used by two adults the 'wear' is minimal.

But please, feel free to come and see it and check out it's condition. I think you'd be happy to re-evaluate your appraisal :thumb:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
While I note Bryan's permeant bed, it would be little good to a chap my size... OK for smaller people....

Well at 5'9 and a little over 15st I've never been called 'small' so thanks Bob.:ROFLMAO::thumb:

I understand the 'fixed' nature of the bed may not suit you Bob but I'm pretty sure that the size of the bed would be fine, after all it is actually quite large
::bigsmile:

But as far as a 28' motorhome goes, Bryan's does tick the boxes:thumb:...
oooh, can I use this on my advert as a direct quote from a fine upstanding member of our community??? :thumb::thumb::thumb::winky::winky:::bigsmile:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Having parked next to your motor home....

I understand the 'fixed' nature of the bed may not suit you Bob but I'm pretty sure that the size of the bed would be fine, after all it is actually quite large

oooh, can I use this on my advert as a direct quote from a fine upstanding member of our community??? :thumb::thumb::thumb::winky::winky:::bigsmile:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Having parked next to your motor home, I can confirm it is a fine specimen ... Also having the same engine I can confirm that is a great unit as well.

I did not know Bryan was only 5'9" tall.. must be those heels he wears that make him look taller:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I would take an extended trip to Spain if I had the time.. I agree with Bryans remarks to that end.. it does not make it a full timer... even JIM went to Spain for a few months and no one would call him a full timer... not sure what you may call him:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But until you go and see an RV then it is impossible to judge. I saw some real dogs (at dealers as well as private sales)... When you find the right motor home or RV you will know it is the one for you. I have seen Bryan having his electrical check done, and know he looks after his RV.. much as I do.. I have a large investment in it and you tend to look after it.

As for the engines.. I get 14 to 15 mpg, even with a trailer on the back.. I have no need to lie about it.. Yanks are not cheap to run, we all know that... no one twisted my arm to buy my baby and I think given my use it is a reasonable vehicle to use.

I am sure Bryan would echo those remarks that if you are inclined to want an RV you work out the running costs and look at the comfort etc., that we yank owners come to get very used to... and sorry to say most europeans only dream about.

Ok sitting out under the awning when it is warm and dry.. try it in a wind and pouring rain.. that is when I go inside and enjoy the creature comforts of the RV.

Bob:Cool:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
The more i read about and look at these yanks-(-and they are over here)-- the more i am tempted:thumb:
just wish we could have a Euro with slide outs

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
The more i read about and look at these yanks-(-and they are over here)-- the more i am tempted:thumb:
just wish we could have a Euro with slide outs

Why do you want a eurovan with a slide and not an American motorhome with one?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
come on Bryan nearly a 1,000 looked at the post

Why do you want a eurovan with a slide and not an American motorhome with one?

Come on Bryan.. we have nearly reached 1,000 looking at the post...::bigsmile:

Being very childish, as lawyers are known to be at times... we used to bet among ourselves how many times we could mention something in the mags court.. it could be a nursery rhyme over a week.. a few words at a time.. would the 'worships' notice or not?

Now I have managed a fair few times to get in to the post that my RV is 23'9" long... you are really not trying hard enough Bryan...

So come on folks.. a smashing well cared for RV .. 28' long and with a slide.. far better than a European with a slide.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
hijack31.gif

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
just seems easier to live with a rhd euro van with a 2.8 diesel not a lumbering great 8 litre

When I got my first RV I was concerned about the LHD but to be honest it has never caused a problem. I find it as easy as a RHD...I think it was just fear of something 'different'.

Lumbering 8 litre??

There's nothing lumbering about it...it drives very much like a car...

I guess it's down to the power to weight ratio, at under 7 tonnes the engine is hardly strained so it pulls away so easily etc.

I think that is also why this RV gets much better MPG than larger RV's which typically have the same engine at best.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
That's the point Bryan power to ratio

When I got my first RV I was concerned about the LHD but to be honest it has never caused a problem. I find it as easy as a RHD...I think it was just fear of something 'different'.

Lumbering 8 litre??

There's nothing lumbering about it...it drives very much like a car...

I guess it's down to the power to weight ratio, at under 7 tonnes the engine is hardly strained so it pulls away so easily etc.

I think that is also why this RV gets much better MPG than larger RV's which typically have the same engine at best.

Trying to sell the RV's aside for the moment.

Both of us have the V10 6.8 ltr Triton Ford engine... that is used from the smallest (23'9") at 5 tons to yours at 28' and around 7 tons unto some of the 34' at 7.5 tons.

The power plant is very versatile and has a lot of poke if needed. I can cruise all day long at 1800 rpm at 55 mph and get 14 to 15 mpg with a trailer attached. At 45 mph it is ticking over at 1500 rpm.

They are certainly not all 8 ltr engines. Yes you can get the massive 40' A class motor homes with Caterpillar engines or Detroit diesels.... 16 to 18 tons some of them.. more of a coach size than a motor home (RV)...

As Bryan has said, driving a left hooker is easy.. I jump from RV to a car and back and never have a problem. I think it is peoples fear rather than fact.

I often invite people to have a look around at shows.. and will be doing so at Rutland Water (no not to sell it) but to educate people that RV's are just great motor homes to own and explain the extras we get as normal.

Owning RV's back as far as 20 years plus means we were owners when there was a limited dealer network, parts had to be ordered.. no internet or ebay.. today it is easier to own one than ever and parts are always available.

I smile when I see posts about £800 plus for a tow bar on MHF.. RV's have them fitted as standard equipment and rated to 5,000 lbs at the minimum...

Sitting here in france, I watch as camper after camper walk to the washing up place with there buckets.... us we just turn the hot water boiler on and do it under the awning or at the double sink... I had to yesterday empty my black tank... 7 days and it was not full.. used the macerator in to a tote and them took it to the disposal point... once a week not once a day.

Anyway I do not need to sell the RV, it does it's self....

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
We (X2 adults and X2 toddlers) found with a Autotrail Scout which i bought just to dip my toe in to see if we like it or not found out we use it most days off.
We do find that it does get a little confined and just need that extra sTREch ::bigsmile:.
I want a made up double and maybe a rock and roll for the kids.
i don`t mind driving any size vehicle--that`s what i do all day! - i am more concerned about pulling in to sites we use (small grass sites).
i don`t want to turn up to be turned down--we were at a ste last week, they would not let us on the grass area to park because it had been raining--a Rv would not have got down the lane.
Maybe there is a web site for rv`s only to go to?:Eeek:
But, we are going to have to go BIG soon and i want to do France next year.
So, these comming next few months i will be after a mh with slide outs---- even one that is tatty on the outside --as paintwork is my buisniess!:thumb:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I want a made up double and maybe a rock and roll for the kids.:thumb:

hmmm....

Lets see.....

Link Removed

Link Removed

And of course remember that this one has SEVEN seatbelts...plus the two swivel barrel chairs can both face forwards for travel so no need for the kids to travel on the sofa (althought they can of course as all three seats on the sofa have seatbelts too.

Viewings available to suit you ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Ummmm! I have got ebay cramp--eyes and fingers!!---but i can see in colour not just black and white :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back