Staxtonbury family music festival 2012 (Scarborough) (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
July 6th, 7th and 8th.

This isnt an official meet but more of an open invitation to anyone who enjoys 'amateur' local bands, most very well known in the Scarborough, Whitby and Filey area, and a good time as well.

if i have an idea of attendees/numbers wishing to attend i should be able to arrange pitches together and on level ground. well as level as possible.

Camping is included in the admission fee and is on well drained and reasonably level ground.

click on the websites various link boxes for full details.

http://www.staxtonbury.com/index.html

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We would have been up for this but we have commitments that weekend.
Maybe next year, then :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It's my sister-in-law's special 40th birthday party, so no problems next time as she'll probably be 39 next birthday! ::bigsmile:
Aint that the truth.....how do they get away with it ? :roflmto:

My ex G/F was on TV the other day and mentioned her recent 40th birthday......she's 46.

Last edited:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Looks like a good festival, and I'm tempted seeing as we're now not going to Kelmarsh...:cry:

It's a good four and a half hours up from Essex though, so we'll give it some thought.

So it's a definite maybe from us...

Give me some good reasons pappajohn!

Steve :Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Would have liked to do that one John,it looks good but its the same weekend as Rutland Water.

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
well Steve, it's in it's fourth year and the other three were a sell-out before the event so that speaks volumes for the event.
each year gets better.....security being one point.
the first two years were a bunch of farm hands walking around, now it's a professional security firm, on the gate, in the camping field and in the arena.
the sound system gave up the ghost last year towards the end and a new one has been installed so the music is as it should be...loud and clear.
wide variety of music covering rock, pop, ballads, choir, folk, Irish and they even had a lone piper last year, thats when the sound system went down :Doh:
food and drink have also been improved with a wider variety of both, including the local micro brewery, 'Wold top'....excellent real ale apparently.
the sun does shine :Cool:...a lot last year but cant guarantee it this year :Doh:
the atmosphere is fun and friendly with no trouble.
only £32pp for 3 full days of fun and music (inc camping)
and we will be there :thumb:

downsides are...

Essex is a long way
public transport aint so good if you want to visit Scarborough...maybe one bus an hour but not sure.
nearest proper shop is 3 miles away if you need supplies in an emergency, but there is a garage with shop for milk etc just down the road (3/4mile) and i may be able to borrow the M/C's car if desparate...after all, he is my son in law :thumb:
no glass bottles/glasses allowed in the 'arena' but nobody checks your bag and everyone takes wine/beer etc
no smoking in the 'arena' due to the 'straw bale' seating fire risk....but again, everyone who smokes does anyway.

grabbed you interest yet ? :winky::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back