Ettiquette for attendees of meets/rallies (1 Viewer)

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Having marshalled at quite a few meets now, we would like to ask members who attend rallies/meets to take a look at the list of things below that would make life easier for marshalls:
In no particular order:
1. Once you have booked with a show organiser make sure you let the marshall know as soon as possible.
2. Do not use the thread for general discussion other than for information regarding the meet/rally.
3. Keep an eye out for a form to fill in giving vital information needed to ease the booking in procedure on arrival.
4. If for any reason you cannot attend, do not leave it until the last minute to advise the marshall, unless this cannot be avoided. If this happens once the meet has started, please post on the forum, someone will get in touch with the marshalls who will be busy at this time. This saves them waiting til late in the evening for someone who has decided not to attend for some reason or another.
5. If you have a minute to spare during the meet, the offer of some help might be appreciated, even if not needed at that time – ie erection and dismantling of marquees.
6. When pitches are marked out, please do stay within your pitch. Some motorhomes have doors on the opposite sides, if you want the option of putting out your awning,please make sure you park so that you allow enough space between your neighbours and having your awning out within your pitch area – this may mean you have to reverse into your allotted space.
7. Please note that RV’s, fifth wheels and lengthy European vans may get parked together, this is not a THEM & US scenario, it is purely down to the mathematics of space.
8. The marshalls try and make newbies welcome, but it would be appreciated if you regulars can also spare a minute or two to welcome them as well. Sometimes there is a game organised by the marshalls, which is not compulsory, this is primarily designed to encourage mixing, as we know a lot of you are shy.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
9. Last and not least, when marshalls are busy most of the day, a cuppa wouldn’t go amiss occasionally.
10. C’MMON WE NEED MORE MARSHALLS – ANYONE CAN DO IT, IF YOU THINK YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUT NOT SURE WHAT TO DO, WE ARE ALWAYS AROUND TO GIVE ADVICE OR START OFF BY ASSISTING OTHER MARHSALLS.
11. This list has been put together by us, we welcome more imput from other marshalls as we may have well missed something.
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks for taking the time to read this.:thanks2::thanks2:
<o:p> </o:p>
Nigel and Pamala

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
And... after doing everything listed above move on to the "Usual Practice" list...

It is normal when attending a Motorhome Fun Rally to hunt out any Funsters about to leave for a trip to Portugal...

Then... leave boxes outside their vans marked "For JJ, c/o QMJ, Portugal"...

In these boxes leave any combination of the following... Fray Bentos Steak and Ale Pies, Heinz tomato (or cream of mushroom) soups, Oxo cubes, Heinz baked beans, Packets of Angel Delight and Crunchy (or smooth) peanut butter...

Please do not wrap any of these items in back issues of the Daily Ma*l as this will cause great offence...

Do not forget to put your name on the box so you can be added to my Christmas Card list...

Thanks in advance...

... oh... and wear your Funster badge when visiting the trade area in order 1) to get your discount and 2) to promote and advertise the Motorhome Fun site...

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
... oh... and wear your Funster badge when visiting the trade area in order 1) to get your discount and 2) to promote and advertise the Motorhome Fun site...

Thanks JJ - knew there would be something we had missed.

Nigel and Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I dont want to see lists of How to turn up at a meet how to park and how to make new friends,Thats a Fact:wink:
geo

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
oooohh I must be different.

Mine's simple really--
if you say your coming come,
if your not then tell me, it gets awflly lonely waiting till midnight for someone that never arrives, its the only thing that gets me goat.

Everything else?
nah, if I want help Ill ask, just pull up ya chair park where your asked and enjoy yourself, take part in as much or as little as you want, but don't,,, sit in your van all weekend and then moan no one spoke to you.:roflmto:

and please use my threads for personal discussion, I love a bit of pre meet banter it makes for good fun on arrival :thumb:

oh but yeah, please fill the form in

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
oooohh I must be different.

Mine's simple really--
if you say your coming come,
if your not then tell me, it gets awflly lonely waiting till midnight for someone that never arrives, its the only thing that gets me goat.

Everything else?
nah, if I want help Ill ask, just pull up ya chair park where your asked and enjoy yourself, take part in as much or as little as you want, but don't,,, sit in your van all weekend and then moan no one spoke to you.:roflmto:

and please use my threads for personal discussion, I love a bit of pre meet banter it makes for good fun on arrival :thumb:

oh but yeah, please fill the form in

Not different at all. Most of what Sundowners said you have repeated :Smile: Except point 9 which is the one I would like to draw attention to ::bigsmile: and add to..... cake?! :ROFLMAO: Jane :thumb:

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
12: Always salute the marshal and call them Sir, Maaaaaam.
13: Do not speak until signalled to do so.
14: Obey the marshal immediately or be removed from the field and be banned from further meets.
15: When polishing the marshal's boots use only the best wax.
16: When wiping the marshal's bottom, use only the cute puppy dog paper.
17: When marshal is a woman avert your eyes when performing 16.
18: Remember, the unburned bacon is the marshal's.
19: A bottle 30 year old single malt will not buy you many favours but if the marshal puts you on cassette duty he may let you empty the less smelly ones.
20: If a marshal shouts at you, remember there are no human rights when marshals are involved.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
if you need help ask

From the other side of the fence.. not being a marshall can I say if you need help of any sort you only have to ask the marshall or for that fact anyone.. 99.999% will always help... that I can confirm.

helping get an awning in when the wind is to much:thumb:

helping load a scooter or two in to the car:thumb:

reach something I cannot from the wheelchair... that include Bill (Landy Lover) going on my roof:thumb:

plus a lot of other times .. like passing the water hose on when we join them up...

Just ask... it is simple.

We have a great bunch of marshals.

Bob:Blush:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Easiest might be to make the form available as soon as bookings are taken by the organisers and then members fill it in as the only way to get on the list. It is nice to see who is going but perhaps the list should be blocked for other than the marshal to change.

Whatever it needs to be simple to operate and fill in.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
may not work

Easiest might be to make the form available as soon as bookings are taken by the organisers and then members fill it in as the only way to get on the list. It is nice to see who is going but perhaps the list should be blocked for other than the marshal to change.

It may not work............

I often give an intention of doing a show months and months ahead.. what if I changed my vehicle .. I could not then change the form... plus while we often pay way a head of a show, things change and we cannot attend.. happened a few times.

One ticket I managed to sell and another just was to late in the day (ezzie not well for Newbury) and we just could not go.

While I have paid long ago for Malvern and intend to go, anything can happen. same with Rutland.... Sue has booked leave for both trips.. and we have every intention of going.. but things happen and filling in a form so far in advance to me will create more work.

Yes I do like to see who is coming on the list..

Bob:Blush:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

Sorry Mike, wouldn't work. Ive only just filled mine in for Stratford and ive been going since before it was announced.
Some of us have no idea of what day time we are going or what motorhome we will own when we book a meet:Eeek:

And personally call me old fashioned but I like to see whose going, it sometimes helps make my mind up whether I will go myself or not.

Im of the impression that if it ain't broke don't fix it. Although Nigel and Pamela are right ot remind people about certain aspects as some newbies will not have a clue a form will follow that needs filling out at some point.

Here's the truth about it--Last night I was up till 3am printing things out for our meet this weekend, organising, reorganising, planning and replanning. It ain't easy and some won't want to do it.

It aint always easy in fact sometimes it's the opposite.

The only reason we do it?
so that we can spread some joy to others as well as enjoy it our selves, theres no better feeling than watching others enjoy something that you have made. That's why we do it, and im sure others do to.

Brian, your rule number 19 most certainly will open new doors for you :winky:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I would add not phoning other funsters at 00.31 in the morning and singing down the phone I'm sure the ones who done it found it funny, if you want to know how funny it was for me and my family then pm me your numbers and I will call one night while on nightshift can't sing as could as you lot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but will make as much noise.

from a slightly pi$$ed off funster

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Sorry Mike, wouldn't work. Ive only just filled mine in for Stratford and ive been going since before it was announced.
Some of us have no idea of what day time we are going or what motorhome we will own when we book a meet:Eeek:

And personally call me old fashioned but I like to see whose going, it sometimes helps make my mind up whether I will go myself or not.

Im of the impression that if it ain't broke don't fix it. Although Nigel and Pamela are right ot remind people about certain aspects as some newbies will not have a clue a form will follow that needs filling out at some point.

Here's the truth about it--Last night I was up till 3am printing things out for our meet this weekend, organising, reorganising, planning and replanning. It ain't easy and some won't want to do it.

It aint always easy in fact sometimes it's the opposite.

The only reason we do it?
so that we can spread some joy to others as well as enjoy it our selves, theres no better feeling than watching others enjoy something that you have made. That's why we do it, and im sure others do to.

Brian, your rule number 19 most certainly will open new doors for you :winky:

:thumb::thumb:
GIVE THAT MAN AN OBE IN THE QUEENS BIRTHDAY HONURS. IF NOT AT C.D.M. (cadburys dairy milk)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
This may be a really silly suggestion - but maybe the form could be attached to Post #1, announcing the rally? Saying 'Please return this form X days before the start date'

And then the reminder to get it done on a seaparate thread nearer the date?

Just sort of belt and braces plus binder twine;

a) anyone/everyone would know immediately that they needed to do it and hopefully bear that in mind
(or put themselves a reminder in their Fruit based* telephone doodah)
(* other communication devices are available)

b) they'd always know where to find the thing in order to do it and and

c) they'd also get a reminder. In case they forgot anyway .....

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back