Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
My wife and I were discussing trailers versus A frames, our requirements, when we would use either etc etc etc. One of the things that popped up in the conversation, was the hiring out of the trailer when not needed, because we were thinking that depending on where we were going and what we would be doing, we may have use for a trailer for possibly only four weeks out of a year.
Do other funsters find themselves in the same position? and have you ever considered hiring a trailer? Does going to spain for instance, give you a bit of a problem?
I,m just thinking at the moment, whether hiring out a trailer would be feasable, ive looked at hire companies, and they want in the region of £175 a week:Eeek:, probably I'd only hire to funsters, and I reckon it would be for loess than half of the above price...............comments?
Oh, by the bye, I live near the Dartford crossing, so that could be an advantage.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I would not rent it out

My wife and I were discussing trailers versus A frames, our requirements, when we would use either etc etc etc. One of the things that popped up in the conversation, was the hiring out of the trailer when not needed, because we were thinking that depending on where we were going and what we would be doing, we may have use for a trailer for possibly only four weeks out of a year.
Do other funsters find themselves in the same position? and have you ever considered hiring a trailer? Does going to spain for instance, give you a bit of a problem?
I,m just thinking at the moment, whether hiring out a trailer would be feasable, ive looked at hire companies, and they want in the region of £175 a week:Eeek:, probably I'd only hire to funsters, and I reckon it would be for loess than half of the above price...............comments?
Oh, by the bye, I live near the Dartford crossing, so that could be an advantage.

I have just sold my Brian James trailer to a fellow MHF member who is collecting it the day after we return from France.

I know how my trailer has been looked after and I take great care of my goods. Not so sure others would do so. If only if I have used it, then I know what the condition it is in. Would some one else be careful of the tyres? and the body or the trailer.. would they abuse the load level?

Myself I would say no.. I used mine about 6 times in a year, but I know it is in first class condition and the person that has purchased it will get that knowledge that they are getting a personal trailer and not an ex hire job.

Bob

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I suppose we could put a "for hire" section in classifieds. Or maybe a link in your signature. It might be an option for those that only need occasional use. There are expensive though, would insurance be an issue?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

Personally I wouldn`t bother with the hire side of things...

You would have to think about Insurance... and as soon as you mention "Hiring".. if you could get insurance the premiums would shoot through the roof... and would cut out any small profit you had coming in...

And with due respect to "Funsters"... would they look after it the same as you would?

They would only need a small misshap... ie cutting a corner and taking out a tyre or worse, and thats you in the mire... and lost money... :Blush:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Personally I wouldn`t bother with the hire side of things...

You would have to think about Insurance... and as soon as you mention "Hiring".. if you could get insurance the premiums would shoot through the roof... and would cut out any small profit you had coming in...

And with due respect to "Funsters"... would they look after it the same as you would?

They would only need a small misshap... ie cutting a corner and taking out a tyre or worse, and thats you in the mire... and lost money... :Blush:

Mine Got, a sensible post from the OldMoMan. He must have gone for a lay down now. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back