Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
This site has 300 pitches... and each day from about 12 noon .. we have seen around 30 to 40 arrivals (from our pitch we can see the main arrivals area).. the site has caravans and motor hopes and some tents. Most over night and are on there way South / West or have stopped over on the way back to the UK.... that is how we found the site a few years back.

We have watched the site get better and better and cannot understand how it is rated at 2* it is ACSI .. but even the rack rate for staying is the same all the time and well below a lot of places we have stopped at with less to offer.

It is the most tidy and clean site ever... it now has good wifi cover all over the site.. good showers and toilets.. drive over dump etc., green grass with no brown or bare patches.. a nice river boarders it (safe for children and dogs)... Safety wire as the river is about 6' below the site. less than 1 klm to the town a real mix of shops on a hill with a big old church.. market day is Saturday... just down from the site is three large supermarkets.. all within walking distance.

The site is just off of junction 9 of the A28 .. Abbeyville to Rouen road .. just over 1 klm ...easy access for even the largest motor home.

The pitches are big and some have drive in drive out.. so great if you have a trailer like we have. Water taps are plenty.. we have one next to the RV and a electric tree.. 6 amps or 10amps.

Dog heaven.. has nothing for children and no pool.. but a boules pitch...

In March 2013 there is a camping car aires being opened next door.. under construction.. run by the camp site.. it has been in the making for 2 years and nearly finished.. all hard standing with grass between the pitches... looks like electric being installed on all the parking areas.

The site is

Camping St Claire
Rue Saint Claire
Neufchatel-en-Bray
Normandee..

But it is worth stopping for a few days... we are using it as a base this June and fanning out in the car each day.. took Ezzie and the scooters to the Market by the church in the town.. collected so very nice cakes for our coffee when we got back.

Oh for those with bikes... it has the green route which is 104 klm from Dieppe - and South.. the camp site sits beside it and with a matter of a couple minutes you are on it.. great to get in to the town with as well. Site is wheelchair friendly with good disabled showers etc., on slight terraces .. we prefer the lowest one.. seems a bit more room..

Bob:thumb:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Agree entirely with Bob's review - a superb site and excellent value at 12€ euro a night inc 6 amp hook-up (ACSI rate).

The chap in the next van to us was, like Bob, something of a regular - he said the site has improved every single year that he had been going. He was also very enthusiastic about the overall quality.

PS Sorry we missed you this morning Bob -think you might have been at the market when we left. Will send you a PM when we get back. M

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
good link

Just checked out the website http://www.camping-sainte-claire.com/ looks great :thumb: Enjoy your holiday

Good link, shows a fair bit of the place.. plus you can see some of the larger vehicles they have got on the site... I say so myself but pitch number 20 which we have had the last three years is great.. right beside the wifi mast, water and electric right beside the RV and a nice river view with the church across the river and the cows in the filed.. the other way we can see the arrivals area.. love people watching.

Bob

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
could be a touch of location, location Bob with regard to the stars awarded, from the link posted it also borders what looks like a sewage treatment farm and while at this time of the year its not a problem in the height of the season when it is really warm/hot the air might not be a sweet as it could be when the wind blows in a certain direction

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
could be a touch of location, location Bob with regard to the stars awarded, from the link posted it also borders what looks like a sewage treatment farm and while at this time of the year its not a problem in the height of the season when it is really warm/hot the air might not be a sweet as it could be when the wind blows in a certain direction

I googled it and I must admit I did wonder about the sewerage treatment plant next door. Any whiffs drifing across Bob?

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
cannot see it, cannot smell it

You cannot see it or smell it.. there is some scrub land next door that has only just started to be developed (part of it is the new Aires from 2013) and the rest is owned by the site and not developed.. the next place down is the local council yard .. street lamps and the sorts. opposite is the local environment - sort your waste in to bins.. dozens and dozes of them.. then a car wash - even the biggest Motorhomes can get in as it has the water coming down from a swing arm... then you are up with the supper markets, Renault car dealership etc.,

But the site is down a country lane.. just before what was a train crossing (now the cycle path) .. there is a no entry sun at this point so the lane really only leads to the camp site.

But I have in the past recommended to the ACSI for a higher rating... the 2 star is well under the worth on the site that has been here according to the entry signage since 1985. lots of improvements year on year and a very tidy bright site... good roadways... nice mature trees and lots of hedges being grown for several years of lots of different bushes.. well laid out as well.

Bob

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
You cannot see it or smell it.. there is some scrub land next door that has only just started to be developed (part of it is the new Aires from 2013) and the rest is owned by the site and not developed.. the next place down is the local council yard .. street lamps and the sorts. opposite is the local environment - sort your waste in to bins.. dozens and dozes of them.. then a car wash - even the biggest Motorhomes can get in as it has the water coming down from a swing arm... then you are up with the supper markets, Renault car dealership etc.,

But the site is down a country lane.. just before what was a train crossing (now the cycle path) .. there is a no entry sun at this point so the lane really only leads to the camp site.

But I have in the past recommended to the ACSI for a higher rating... the 2 star is well under the worth on the site that has been here according to the entry signage since 1985. lots of improvements year on year and a very tidy bright site... good roadways... nice mature trees and lots of hedges being grown for several years of lots of different bushes.. well laid out as well.

Bob
Will give this site a try on our way up to Dieppe for our 0545 crossing on the 28th , will have to be the 26th as the 27th will be at Dieppe due to the silly early crossing.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
simple for Dieppe

Will give this site a try on our way up to Dieppe for our 0545 crossing on the 28th , will have to be the 26th as the 27th will be at Dieppe due to the silly early crossing.

Out of the gate, turn right.. couple hundred yards .. at the junction turn left and left after you cross the cycle track .. 20 yards that road takes you all the way to Dieppe right along side the cycle track and the river that runs down the side of the camp site. it is about 40 klms from here... the cycle track is 33 klm.

Bob

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We were originally going to Parc des Cygnes at Amiens on Monday but your posting has given us second thoughts.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Bob, it looks like there is a sewerage works next door if so is it a problem?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Read previous posts Dane, but not at the moment anyway, Bob says.

It does sound really good actually, we have oft bemoaned there being no obviously located aires in that vicinity. Only €15 with 6A without ACSI or €11 without elec.

I wonder what the criteria are for ACSI stars, maybe it is the total lack of play area for kiddies even?

And I wonder what fishies are in the river .....

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Been here many times no smells

Read previous posts Dane, but not at the moment anyway, Bob says.

It does sound really good actually, we have oft bemoaned there being no obviously located aires in that vicinity. Only €15 with 6A without ACSI or €11 without elec.

I wonder what the criteria are for ACSI stars, maybe it is the total lack of play area for kiddies even?

And I wonder what fishies are in the river .....

I have been here many times and there has never been any smells regardless of time of year.

The new Aires in the making has concrete bases and I suspect these will have the grass that grows through the square blocks on top.. like on the site in places... and there is a grass strip between each of them.. half the size of the parking areas.... I see the base of the dump is in place and has to be finished.. a mirror of the one on the site. There seems to be a lot of cable waiting boxes to be installed.. not sure what they will consist of as yet... the entrance is there off the road .. but being used to construct the area.. and there is a entrance from the site in the bottom corner... there is a roadway going to the next big scrub area and I suspect that will be turned in to more aires in the future.

But as you say Jenny it is good they are putting an aires in at last.. the town really needs it. There is around 260 motor homes and caravans on here today.. less arrivals and departures.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
One part of the sewage plant closed

We were out walking Ezzie last night along the old rail bed... Now part of the green way route... I am told it runs from London to Paris.. Anyway the cycle path is beside the camp site and we were going in the direction of the town... It has grade and it allows a good view of the sewage farm... One half of it is closed down.. Even has large bushes growing out of the roof and all the doors and windows are boarded up.

There is a single round unit which looks new next door.. One of those automated sub stations.. Hence no smells.. Google Earth is a bit out of date.. But would show the old facility but not that it is now closed.

Just as an up date.

Bob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Off thread a bit but just got back from a decent site in Brittany. Camping de la Plage in Trinite sur -mer. Right on the beach, big pitches , quiet and a pool with 2 slides for the kids. Just over 100 euros for the week inc 10 amp hook up. I am sure it's a lot more in the Summer though.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Off thread a bit but just got back from a decent site in Brittany. Camping de la Plage in Trinite sur -mer. Right on the beach, big pitches , quiet and a pool with 2 slides for the kids. Just over 100 euros for the week inc 10 amp hook up. I am sure it's a lot more in the Summer though.

Pretty much a 1000 mile round trip from Kent though:Sad:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
So once again Bob we could say your nearly in the Broken Link Removed and on the road to Rouen :ROFLMAO:

keep posting we dont half enjoy your adventures:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
An up date

I mentioned the site is opening an Aires... spoke to Francois (the owner of the site) today, he does not speak a lot of English.. his wife speaks more. But he managed to tell me the Aires will be open in March next year.

It has all weather pitches and is going to be open all year round.. with water and power to all pitches. It is also pay by credit card rather than tokens. .. it has what looks like a grassed area between each of the pitches. The site is on the Rue Sainte Claire, and is of course in Neufchatel in Normandy... great stop over if running to the South or South West but it is the fact it is going to be open all year from 2013.. it also had a dump point... Have looked at the construction site and it is well advance and has good access direct off the road way that leads to the main camp site.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I mentioned the site is opening an Aires... spoke to Francois (the owner of the site) today, he does not speak a lot of English.. his wife speaks more. But he managed to tell me the Aires will be open in March next year.

It has all weather pitches and is going to be open all year round.. with water and power to all pitches. It is also pay by credit card rather than tokens. .. it has what looks like a grassed area between each of the pitches. The site is on the Rue Sainte Claire, and is of course in Neufchatel in Normandy... great stop over if running to the South or South West but it is the fact it is going to be open all year from 2013.. it also had a dump point... Have looked at the construction site and it is well advance and has good access direct off the road way that leads to the main camp site.

Many thanks for all this good info Bob! Have made notes on the site and links etc as we will be down there in early September and need to start to plan everything:Smile:
Enjoy your holiday, hope the weather is ok, heaving it down in south-west Scotland at the moment:Sad:
Bill & Margaret

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is raining here also

Many thanks for all this good info Bob! Have made notes on the site and links etc as we will be down there in early September and need to start to plan everything:Smile:
Enjoy your holiday, hope the weather is ok, heaving it down in south-west Scotland at the moment:Sad:
Bill & Margaret

It is raining here also. We watch the tv each night and the weather for caste maps show the rain where it is going to it the UK.. we can also see where we are in Northern France and yes we are getting a good helping of it. The forecast last night showed rain for here today and yes we have it.

Has not stopped us going out and visiting the area, went in to one little village, had a brand new town hall... a few dozen houses / farms and met a tractor.. came out of the road to the right... did not stop... good job I was doing 10 mph at the time... but this little village had one building and on it was the year 1736 ... all old timbers and filled in with some sort of brick.. very attractive. Lots of houses like that around here.

Just has some biscuits ... purchased in the Super U supermarket.. boy is that big... these biscuits are biscuits of Sainte -Mere-Eglise .. funny went through that small town on a trip in
to Dieppe the other day... Using the car to visit these out of the way places is great. ... like most, just wish the rain would stop.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks

Following Bobs recommendation we stopped overnight on this site before getting the tunnel home. Excellent site and great value and easy run into tunnel. Easy access even with trailer on and no problem with pitch size. Thanks for the info Bob :thumb:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Following Bobs recommendation we stopped overnight on this site before getting the tunnel home. Excellent site and great value and easy run into tunnel. Easy access even with trailer on and no problem with pitch size. Thanks for the info Bob :thumb:

Me to.3 nights in June............Del

Newbie740

Free Member
Jan 6, 2013
Astley, Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Sept 2012
Stayed here at the beginning of June while making our way back to the shuttle. Intended staying 2 nights and ended up staying for 4 as we were so comfy. Great site, fantastic area for walking a dog alongside on a converted railway (green route) which is signposted all around Neufchatel. Aire next door if the site is full as it is very popular. A Lidl and an Aldi just down the road. Thoroughly recommend it. ::bigsmile:

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Nice to see an old thread from sloberdobalob, where are you we are all missing a old friend. Hope you are in good health and would like to see your educated posts in the future.Wishing you all the best ,hope you read this and start to reply Best wishes:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back