LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Does anyone have a satnav on their trike please? Any advice re which one.

Also, just had near collapse ..... only been to one place and quoted £450 for it...:Eeek: Surely this cannot be right. Also, they said Garmin better than TomTom for trike satnavs. Any opinions will be listened to.

There is no rush because at that price I need to sell the house to pay for it...:Doh: but would like one for next Spring. Many thanks. If you prefer to pm me please do.

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
TomTom Rider

Hi Joy,

I used TomTom Rider on the bike, as it’s more waterproof. Now use it in LHotRy (MH) as it has a Europe map card in it. I seem to recall it was expensive at the time, which was some years ago.

Happy Travels,
Richard W.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Have you looked at a waterproof case for an ordinary sat nav not as good but a cheaper option especially if you have one already

eg Link Removed

Link Removed

loads on ebay

or http://bluetronics.co.uk/gps.htm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Judy sit`s on the back of our`s, with Tom-Tom Go... in a Polythene bag (If it`s raining).... shouting instructions through the intercom...:thumb:

If not...:Smile:

I have been known to get lost... on my own... :RollEyes::cry:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Judy sit`s on the back of our`s, with Tom-Tom Go... in a Polythene bag (If it`s raining).... shouting instructions through the intercom...:thumb:

If not...:Smile:

I have been known to get lost... on my own... :RollEyes::cry:

No Joy i'm not going to do that,:whatthe: my ickle legs arnt long enough for my ickle feets to reach the feets rest on your trike :cry: i needed my arms and hands to hang onto the seat armrests it was fun though

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Now Joy, stop winding us up. You know you don't really need a sat nav.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbATaj7Il8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbATaj7Il8[/ame]

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I use a Garmin Zumo 660 on the bike which is connected to the bikes intercom system and is powered from the bike. However when I put it on Merilyns trike I run it off its own built in battery. It is waterproof and has a memory card which will take music and is blue tooth. It also has a jack out port so that you can listen to the info through an earpiece if you don't have on board audio.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I'm still using my old trusty Garmin Quest2 - small, waterproof, can be used on the pushbike or on foot. All the new ones are too big for my needs.....

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we use a Garmin Oregon 550

We use an Oregon 550 on my electric scooter... Garman do dash mount kit for cars and bikes for this item.

It is fully waterproof .. bit small but does the job fine.. has all the maps UK and Europe and also gives compass headings, track back to point of start, miles or kilometres travelled , speed , elevation etc., etc.,

We use it when walking Ezzie to make sure we are not pushing her to hard.. also tells us how long we have been stopped as well as on the move.. so with Ezzie we can pace it.

In the RV I turn it on to a compass heading and use the kilometre per hour to save keep looking at the inner ring on the main speedo.

It was expensive .. £450 ish about 2 years ago.. nice item and made to use in bad weather.

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you everybody. Your input much appreciated.

Bob (Slobberdob ... spelling???:RollEyes:) I think that was the one the shop quoted me for and said it was one of the best for bikes.. but not sure.

Maggie, you gave me a new idea. Last time, you sat on the back having memorised the journey by road names .... I could pay you ten bob a journey to sit on the back shouting instructions down my ear....::bigsmile:

Right NEXT QUESTION PLEASE. Phwoooooor. How do I organise Graham's video to play on my bedroom ceiling every night, please.... Gosh, did more for me than any HRT patch watching that flashback.:thumb:

Sincerely, though, thank you everybody who replied. Will now start saving up for next spring and take your comments and links into account. Joy x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back