Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We like pubs to eat in but being the only drinker between us, I'd rather have a drink back at the van. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I like to be within walking distance of a pub. Gets me out of the van...

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
It may have been posted before but----

I have just found this -

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=117

It saves me searching for what we all want most of all , lots of camp sites with a pub next door :thumb: :thumb:

Hi Joiner Thanks for bringing this to peoples attention, sometimes if you just want a nights stop over a pub were you can park up for the night is an excellent option. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Katie

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'll have to show my OH that list, i'm sure he will base our next trip around it

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
We always choose sites with a pub in walking distance probably because where i live the nearest pub is over 2 miles away

Andy

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Handy to know, wouldn't want to be right next to a pub for reasons of noise and ant-social behaviour etc, however, being within easy walking distance is just ideal.

Even just to sit and have one drink and make it last a while.........would probably need to at the prices they seem to be charging these days!

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Have a look at my Broken Link Removed I have compiled with pubs sourced from all over the internet, some mine, many from other resources.

If anyone has any other recommendations I will add them.

If you ask at a pub it's not very often you will be refused, but the ones on my map have been used as stop overs before so unlikely to be refused.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Well done Keith, I find it best viewed zoomed out.
Looks like a beer map of UK:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Would be nice to sample them all.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Don't know if I would like pubs or not. I've never been in one......

Attachments

• pinochio.jpg
    pinochio.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 9
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I like pubs on the sites I visit. A few drinks in good company can bring the best and the worst out of people, it's a great leveller. I remember one poor lady who was not use to the demon and overdid it a bit,:Blush: walking back to the van along the cliff path she slipped and went head first down into the bracken:Blush:. When we passed she had her skirt around her neck,:Blush: so we gave them a hand to pull her legs first back up onto the path:Blush:. When she did eventually appear the next day she was full of smiles and said she could not remember a thing. :Blush:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I like pubs on the sites I visit. A few drinks in good company can bring the best and the worst out of people, it's a great leveller. I remember one poor lady who was not use to the demon and overdid it a bit,:Blush: walking back to the van along the cliff path she slipped and went head first down into the bracken:Blush:. When we passed she had her skirt around her neck,:Blush: so we gave them a hand to pull her legs first back up onto the path:Blush:. When she did eventually appear the next day she was full of smiles and said she could not remember a thing. :Blush:
I've had nights like that :ROFLMAO:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Pubs and camping ::bigsmile:

read it and weep

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Handy to know, wouldn't want to be right next to a pub for reasons of noise and ant-social behaviour etc, however, being within easy walking distance is just ideal.

Even just to sit and have one drink and make it last a while.........would probably need to at the prices they seem to be charging these days!

Not all pubs are like that :RollEyes:

We have stayed at a couple and had no trouble, like any site there are good uns and bad uns.
I would choose a pub site over one that allows children any day :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back