ADAC cover in Europe for a car? (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi,

Lots has been written about ADAC breakdown cover for motorhomes in Europe and also about the 90 day limit that applies to similar cover with the RAC.

Question:

If you wanted breakdown cover for longer than 90 days in Europe (FOR A CAR) would adac cover be suitable and is it what you would choose?

If so, what does it cost and what number is the best to ring to speak to an English speaking person?

TIA

Bryan

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its NOT the vehicle that's covered with ADAC, its the driver/passenger. If you have ADAC cover you are covered in any vehicle,whether its yours or not.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hi,

Lots has been written about ADAC breakdown cover for motorhomes in Europe and also about the 90 day limit that applies to similar cover with the RAC.

Question:

If you wanted breakdown cover for longer than 90 days in Europe (FOR A CAR) would adac cover be suitable and is it what you would choose?

If so, what does it cost and what number is the best to ring to speak to an English speaking person?

TIA

Bryan

Hi Byran, Well i think that ADAC is the best service money can buy for what they offer, so much more than any other UK motoring organization, and it only costs about 97 euro's for the year and that includes the wife/spouse ??,,, and includes ADAC plus which is the full Monty cover, cannot go wrong with that mate, they will even cover you in the USA?????, for certain things, and fly you back to UK from anywhere in the world in there own private ambulance jet if injured abroad so cant be that can you, plus all the other things that they cover you for as well, so go for it mate, any number for ADAC will do and you just ask for a English speaking operator and within a few Min's someone comes on in perfect English to take your credit card number and you are then covered, takes about 2/3 weeks to get your card though but they give you your membership number there and then over the phone, so good luck mate. I have been a member for about 4 years now. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Bryan --Barbara Lorenz 0049 941 55673 you want plus cover :thumb:
terry

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
as you know I used them yesterday

As you will know from my other post I used them yesterday in Calais when one of my rear tyres blew....

I called the number i was given for France contact.. it went through to Germany... the message on the phone was in German and French.. then it cut to an operator and I said 'speak English please' .. then we had a conversation in basic English.. but the lady understood I drove an American RV and took weight and size number of people.. noted a dog was on board. As I was only requiring assistance to get a tyre changed she advised me the call out was limited to €200 .00 .. I just signed the call out companies sheet for the work..

I had to call a second time as no one showed within the one hour advised... but soon after the second call ADAC called me back and confirmed the breakdown truck was on his way.

It worked for me. First time I have used it and been a member two years now.

Bob

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
As you will know from my other post I used them yesterday in Calais when one of my rear tyres blew....

I called the number i was given for France contact.. it went through to Germany... the message on the phone was in German and French.. then it cut to an operator and I said 'speak English please' .. then we had a conversation in basic English.. but the lady understood I drove an American RV and took weight and size number of people.. noted a dog was on board. As I was only requiring assistance to get a tyre changed she advised me the call out was limited to €200 .00 .. I just signed the call out companies sheet for the work..

I had to call a second time as no one showed within the one hour advised... but soon after the second call ADAC called me back and confirmed the breakdown truck was on his way.

It worked for me. First time I have used it and been a member two years now.

Bob

Good to know it works then Bob, so money well spent then ha, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Bryan, I think ADAC is 92 days, but know what your saying.::bigsmile:
We have the same problem being in europe for more than 90 days, and Insure our motorhome and smart car with Saga they have no limit on the days or breakdown cover, but although the motorhome premium is very good, they sting us on the car.:cry:
But that may change when we renew this year, or we could be going somewhere else.:winky: :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
The breakdown cover with ADAC is 365 days - the 92 day worldwide and 45 days europe limit is purely for the 'plus' benefits.

I have used them in the UK - called Germany and they passed on to the AA - all happened very smoothly and not a penny to pay!

ADACplus covers you and your partner for any vehicle with added benefits for 79.5 euros (people sometimes seem confused and think they need the ADAC Partner Plus - but the partner bit applies to some worldwide benefits for families - see below)

I have consulted my policy booklet and quote the following information -
"Family cover - in Germany and abroad. ADAC plus membership covers all the classic benefits of ADAC membership + additional ADACPlus benefits and services for yourself, your partner and under-age children. Assistance in Germany, Europe and worldwide. 79.50 euros"

"All round cover - ADACPlus partner package. All the classic benefits for yourself and your partner + all ADACPlus benefits and services for yourself, your partner and under-age children. Your added advantage: ADAC en-route cover for the whole family with accident emergency assistance, travel contract legal expenses cover and international travel liability cover. Assistance in Germany, Europe and worldwide. 98.70 euros"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back