Various options (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Heading down to St Johns Cross soon and can't make my mind up on how to get there. We can set off at about 17:00 drive til were tired, stop and continue when rested, or do we just do a couple of hours and book into a site leaving a long drive the following day. As I type I am beginning to think the stop and rest as required option is sounding best. I enjoy driving and Caroline likes cups of tea so there would be plenty stops. What would other Funsters do? Is it worth just getting a kip in a service station or find a wild camping area( suggestions welcome).:Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
When travelling from A to B... I just set off and stop when I find a good spot en route or when I start getting tired...

Sometimes this policy produces fabulous off-site parking places which get filed away for possible use in the future and at other times I have to resort to less than perfect places just to get some sleep. If emergency situations... (too tired to go much further... any place will do).. I find industrial estates to be surprising quiet and great for just getting some sleep...

...but then it would have to a special reason to get me to stay on a site at any time and an even bigger reason to get me to book it in advance...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
On long runs, I usually try to do it overnight (less traffic and other occupants are asleep :thumb:). If there are motorways involved, I plan a couple of 'A' road options at various points so I can find a lay-by to have a kip for a couple of hours, if required - don't like service stations.

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
You must be pretty desperate for 5% discount.
as a Scotsman I have a reputation to uphold. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We are heading to the Chunnel anyway and we are getting an awning fitted before we go. Over £200 cheaper than up here so well worth it.

Hope to get the 5% as well............:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back