A trumatic time (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Ok. Here goes. A few weeks ago I had some trouble with our heater. It wouldn't light. The man came and fixed it. There was a wasp inside it and stopping it from working. Everything was put back together. Everything was working fine. Used it Friday night to test for a while. Worked fine. Thought I'd just take the early morning chill off the air on Sat morn. Wrong. Not working anymore. All other gas appliances work fine. I think it is a 3000 model.

Any suggestions?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
More details might help here...

Does the igniter click?

Is it a battery operated one or does it work from the vehicle's 12 volt supply?

(Sorry about this one...) Is the heater's gas tap turned on?

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
More details might help here...

Does the igniter click?

Is it a battery operated one or does it work from the vehicle's 12 volt supply?

(Sorry about this one...) Is the heater's gas tap turned on?

You were right to ask. Some times we miss the obvious but yes it is. As I said Friday night it worked fine. Sat morning it didn't. It is piezo to light which seems to click nice and solidly. Getting spilnter in my fingers from scratching my head with this one.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Does your heater have a little "observation" window like mine... can you see the spark?

If it is a separate battery to operate the igniter that obviously is the first place to start

If it is sparking strongly then I suspect something must be stopping the gas flow...

Maybe a loose bit of dirt/rust/debris has dropped down from the flue onto the burner... but if the service guy has done it properly then the flue should have been all brushed out...

So then you are down to the gas supply... a few possibilities there... initially the control valve... followed by the thermocouple (it the heater lights but doesn't stay on...)

If it worked on Friday night but not on Saturday morning I feel maybe something has just "stopped" working... ie broken...

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Does it have a safety flap like mine, that may have dropped down or not been removed?

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Truly Trumatised

Just thought I'd go check it again and it worked fine. Happy days. An intermittent fault. What joy.:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back