Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Would I need a different internet dongle to the standard 3 one I have with a payg sim card for a trip France / Swiss / Italy, or would I need a local one?
Which ones?
Where do I get them?
Would the same dongle take another card?
MiFi isnt needed as only 1 laptop will be in use.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
if you are on a 3 contract check with them as italy is one of the countries where i think no extra charges are applied on voice and maybe internet is the same

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Would I need a different internet dongle to the standard 3 one I have with a payg sim card for a trip France / Swiss / Italy, or would I need a local one?
Which ones?
Where do I get them?

You should be able to use your standard dongle, but like a mobile phone it needs to be unlocked first (about £10 at most markets etc) you will also need to change a few settings for each different supplier. I uploaded a file of these settings to the download section of this site, listing most countries and suppliers. You may also need to download the latest version of mobile partner that isnt vendor locked too

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Which ones?
Where do I get them?

As has been said your dongle would need to be unlocked to take a different SIM card. One of these could be the way forward and would also help in weak signal areas the the UK Link Removed but I would check the cost and availability of SIM cards in other counties first, whenever I have looked they are difficult to get without a local address & bank account also they are expensive. Wifi is available on many camps and is usualy a cheaper option (sometimes free).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back