MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
I'm off to Padstow (AKA Padstein) soon and have the following options:

M25 then M4/ M5

M25 then A303

M25 then A30

Distance wise theres not a lot of difference between the 3 routes. Am I better off using the M4/M5 and hopefully maintaining a constant 60mph? If I choose this option am I missing out on spectacular scenery by avoiding the other 2 routes? Are the A303/A30 routes reasonably MH friendly?

Being a Southerner this will be my first time driving outside the M25:ROFLMAO:

Thanks

Richard::bigsmile:riving2:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi i would go m25 then 303 then a30 from honiton.
used to do that route regular. in vans and trucks . i only live a few miles from padstow used to go to streatham .303 is a very pleasant ride .look out for stonehenge etc . nice roads and lots places to stop if need be etc. .if you use theroad from exeter to plymouth and down its further .best exeter okehampton bodmin then wadebridge . have a good one .
hope you like fish n chips .stinky stein as loads of them .hee hee.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
hi i would go m25 then 303 then a30 from honiton.
used to do that route regular. in vans and trucks . i only live a few miles from padstow used to go to streatham .303 is a very pleasant ride .look out for stonehenge etc . nice roads and lots places to stop if need be etc. .if you use theroad from exeter to plymouth and down its further .best exeter okehampton bodmin then wadebridge . have a good one .
hope you like fish n chips .stinky stein as loads of them .hee hee.

I agree....303/30 much nicer.......Motorway is so boring.
Scenery on the 303 is great.

barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
a southerner, you jest.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: m4/m5, A361, and on down the coast from barnstaple on the A39 stopping at wildies if you wish at Ilfracombe far nicer than Padstow and national award winning chip shop in Braunton without making rick even richer.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
that route takes you across the southern edge of Exmoor and has great Scenic views down along the coast, not forgetting to stop and visit the witches museum at Boscastle, then along to Tintagel to visit camalot, going on to Delabole and having a drink in my favourite pub. you will know it when you see it. before arriving at Padstow if you must, hee hee. now that is a north Devon tour.
With excellent fast roads all the way.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
can say roger isnt wrong .ilfracombe .croyde woolacombe etc all good favouites of mine .there used to be a donkey sanctuary up that way as well down by a lovely quiet little cove .
might have been lee been awhile since i was there.
used to have a couple of nights in the carpark by the health center in braunton .had to bounce the kerb as it had a height barrier. behind the pub there.
you could in fact never get to cornwall.

Last edited:

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
spot on Roger,, done that route with our friends fom Lee though not to Padstowe just down to Mevagissy via Bude and Tintagel:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
a southerner, you jest.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: m4/m5, A361, and on down the coast from barnstaple on the A39 stopping at wildies if you wish at Ilfracombe far nicer than Padstow and national award winning chip shop in Braunton without making rick even richer.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
that route takes you across the southern edge of Exmoor and has great Scenic views down along the coast, not forgetting to stop and visit the witches museum at Boscastle, then along to Tintagel to visit camalot, going on to Delabole and having a drink in my favourite pub. you will know it when you see it. before arriving at Padstow if you must, hee hee. now that is a north Devon tour.
With excellent fast roads all the way.

He's right you know......:thumb:

:Eeek:In answer to your original question, all depends on what day of the week, and at what time you travel.:Eeek:

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
.look out for stonehenge etc . nice roads and lots places to stop if need be etc.

We went down the A303 on Saturday and I would say everyone looked out for Stonehenge! We were stuck nose to tail for an hour barely moving until we passed the stones.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. but what a piece of history. just think of the time they have been there.
shame its not so easy to stop and touch them .
i lived not far from them as a child for a while we used to camp right by the stones as kids . about 11-12 yr old great times . i,m sure there is magic in them.
but the 303 is a fantastic road to travel on. you could stop at sparkford and visit the haynes museam. its steeped in history from roman roads to very early burial grounds . one of my uk favourite places.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back