Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
cannock chase
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
im a newbie
hi funsters, we are back from our first mh tour of france. four weeks of all that the weather could throw at us. we also made a lot of mistakes, like ,getting lost, ending up on toll road going back to where we had just come from. finding ourselves in city centres then riding around looking for a way out. and getting stuck on wet grass.
after calling fiat rescue on three occasions to start us up we ended up haveing a new vehicle battery fitted.
we used aires and campsites in france and then into belgium, had a great time and we cannot wait to go again.
my next plan is to tow a caravan for my wife to live in. four weeks living in a mh together was very,very stressfull::bigsmile:
see you at shrewsbury, pete:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
hi funsters, we are back from our first mh tour of france. four weeks of all that the weather could throw at us. we also made a lot of mistakes, like ,getting lost, ending up on toll road going back to where we had just come from. finding ourselves in city centres then riding around looking for a way out. and getting stuck on wet grass.
after calling fiat rescue on three occasions to start us up we ended up haveing a new vehicle battery fitted.
we used aires and campsites in france and then into belgium, had a great time and we cannot wait to go again.
my next plan is to tow a caravan for my wife to live in. four weeks living in a mh together was very,very stressfull::bigsmile:
see you at shrewsbury, pete:thumb:

Glad you liked it over here in France... I see you had a good smooth trip without any problems:Eeek::winky: see you soon .....:winky:

Mel

Upvote 0
OP
OP
hedgefordpete

hedgefordpete

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
cannock chase
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
im a newbie
thanks mel. my wife is a yorkshire wench, that is three quarters of all my problems. pete.:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I am really pleased you had a good time, like you we love France and can`t wait to go again, we camp on aires and car parks look for the smaller places to park it`is brilliant. I don`t know how the French can do it and we can`t:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We are off on Tuesday to our favourite site in the North

We are off to to our favourite site in the North on Tuesday... will use it for a base for about 3 weeks. Using the car (carried on the trailer) to fan out as and when. The site is an ACSI and is a €12 a night including 6 amps (they have 10 amps) and dog... loverly site on a river a very very close to the town (walking distance) large E'Lecrec just down the road yet open fields with a church in the distance opposite .. great cycle track within 100 yards of site gate... it is only rated as 2 star as it has no swimming pool or children's facilities.. but good for a wheelchair and bike users.

Neufthatel -en - Bray .. 40 minutes this side of Rouen and 40 alms from Dieppe just of the main motorway ... about 1 1/2 hours from Calais.. we tend to use the N roads.. takes us about 2 hours and no tolls. Very clean site and we see a lot of English motor homes on the site going South... But we like it as a base and have stayed there a few times.

Helpful owners.. even had an email today confirming my usual pitch number... no worries about getting the RV and trailer in ..

I like France, North or South... to me better than Spain any day... back to the South for September.. but June is just right for the North.

I am glad to read others like France... so often it gets bad press for all sorts of reasons, but for us we find it very good, especially for larger motor homes.

Bob

Upvote 0
OP
OP
hedgefordpete

hedgefordpete

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
cannock chase
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
im a newbie
return to france

thanks everybody for your kind remarks. i have already booked a return to france ,with a difference. i am taking my daughter and two grand children and their dog. i will be using her car, staying overnight in folkstone, through the tunnel, overnight in honflour and then a week in a property at vierville-sur-mer near omaha beach. returning home the same route.
oh yes, and i will be taking the yorkshire wench , someone has to look after me.........

regards, pete:roflmto:

Upvote 0

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
We are off to to our favourite site in the North on Tuesday... will use it for a base for about 3 weeks. Using the car (carried on the trailer) to fan out as and when. The site is an ACSI and is a €12 a night including 6 amps (they have 10 amps) and dog... loverly site on a river a very very close to the town (walking distance) large E'Lecrec just down the road yet open fields with a church in the distance opposite .. great cycle track within 100 yards of site gate... it is only rated as 2 star as it has no swimming pool or children's facilities.. but good for a wheelchair and bike users.

Neufthatel -en - Bray .. 40 minutes this side of Rouen and 40 alms from Dieppe just of the main motorway ... about 1 1/2 hours from Calais.. we tend to use the N roads.. takes us about 2 hours and no tolls. Very clean site and we see a lot of English motor homes on the site going South... But we like it as a base and have stayed there a few times.

Helpful owners.. even had an email today confirming my usual pitch number... no worries about getting the RV and trailer in ..

I like France, North or South... to me better than Spain any day... back to the South for September.. but June is just right for the North.

I am glad to read others like France... so often it gets bad press for all sorts of reasons, but for us we find it very good, especially for larger motor homes.

Bob

Hi Bob, I am well impressed with your details of this site, I am going over to France arriving at Le Havre on 19 th June,so you may well see me turn up for a few nights,.........................Del

Upvote 0

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm in rain soaked Dieppe awaiting ferry on Wednesday. Travelled up from Dordogne over 2 weeks, not paid a road toll but sat nav has taken me on non-paying sections of toll roads.
Campeole site on Ile de Re was pleasant but still being renovated so a long walk to empty toilet cassette and fetch water.
Lovely site in the Loire (L'Hermitage €14 ACSI) Never seen a place so clean! Pool, kids pool, lots of shade. Very friendly reception. Little cafe, internet.
Jard-sur-Mer. Aire at €6.80 a day (2days maximum @ €10.40) 15 minute walk along beach to town.
Site St Gregoire near Mont St Michel wasn't great. Aire nearer Mont @ €10 p.n.would have been better. Free parking also available in nearby Beauvoir.
Didn't get to see Bayeaux as sat nav took me through centre on market day and I began to panic, so got out asap.
Aire at Honfleur (€10 p.n) was heaving but so close to town. Not enough electrical points for all vans but nice young couple offered to share their supply point and even lent me their cable as mine wouldn't quite reach.
Few nights on free aires or wildcamping in between.
Now on ACSI Vitamin site in Dieppe as weather awful and needed internet & some radio/TV entertainment.
2 dogs and 2 cats have travelled well but are NOT impressed with the downturn in the weather :Sad:
2 minor problems with vehicle so hopefully dealer will see my email before Wednesday and I can call in between New Haven and New Forest.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back