Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
I met Nucs today when I went to collect the 8mm pipe he kindly offered me last night, but after a day struggling I can see why the original pipe is steel, as the bends are so tight that even with a tube bender I couldn't get the pipe to fit. The upshot of this is that I'm likely to end up paying for a site so we have heat, as with the Bank Holiday coming up the chances of getting it in anywhere are remote. If all else fails we can always leave here at first light on Saturday and get there for about 9, in time to go to the Folk Festival...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if the bends are that tight, why not use solder fitttings and straight pipe to make up the connection?

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Bends.

I'm past caring now, there have been so many problems with this that I might just shove it in the wardrobe and try to find a caravan repairers to fit it while I'm down in Dorset for the next two weeks, which is where I should be now:Sad:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
charles and son in Poole www.charlesandson.co.uk, or autovan near wimborne www.autovan.co.uk both in dorset and excellent service

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Thanks

I'll cotact them today and see if they can sort it out one of the days next week. We'll be out late the next couple of days, so won't particularly need heating.
Cheers, John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back