Lesuire Battery and PMS3V/H help please (1 Viewer)

ivytonykart

Free Member
May 27, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Hi, I am a complete newbie to Motorhomes having just bought a Van conversion to carry my sons kart around the UK.

The van has a PMS3V/H management system and had a Yuasa lesuireline battery in when we collected the van.
As the van had been sitting idle for a number of months I purchased a new Lesuireline battery and replaced the old one which showed as discharged.

Having fitted the battery it showed as green and high on the PMS system howwever after a week of not using the van the PMS system shows red and battery condition low. The fridge has been running whilst the van has stood for the week..

My question is :

How do I know if the lesuire battery is being re-charged - will it recharge by driving the van and if so,how can I check and what settings do I need the PMS on to ensure charging.

Many thanks
Ian

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Home conversion......fridge running !!!!!!.

if the fridge HAS been running then its wired wrong, an absorption fridge should only work on 12v with the engine running.
engine off it should work on gas or 230v only

it will draw between 10 and 15amps per hour continuously and will flatten any battery within a few hours.

if its a compressor fridge it will still draw quite a bit over a week and could result in a flat battery.

OP
OP
I

ivytonykart

Free Member
May 27, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Papajohn,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Please excuse my ignorance but is there a quick and easy way of checking if the fridge is wired correctly. Its a vitrifrigo c60/dx06 and shows input volts 12-24vcc. The inside light is on and you can hear the motor running.

If your not sure, I feell best option is to get auto electrician in to check everything out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
fridge

Hi,
If you can hear the motor running on your fridge then it is the compressor type and draws a lot less than the absorbtion type.

It will however still run the battery flat after a number of days running.
Do you have a hook-up point on the van, if so then plug into the house electrics and see if the battery charges. Then leave plugged in if this is possible.

If not then you will need to turn the fridge off when 'van is not being used.

Happy travels and see you around somewhere.

And WELCOME to fun.

Cheyne

Papajohn,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Please excuse my ignorance but is there a quick and easy way of checking if the fridge is wired correctly. Its a vitrifrigo c60/dx06 and shows input volts 12-24vcc. The inside light is on and you can hear the motor running.

If your not sure, I feell best option is to get auto electrician in to check everything out.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
from what i can see the C60 is a compressor fridge working on 230v and will have no bearing on the 12v battery......unless its wired to an inverter.

the fridge is rated at 960w so if its on an inverter it will kill your batteries in no time as it will need 80amps per (running) hour to run...they work the same as your home fridge, switching on and off over time.

the only way to know is to follow the fridge wire and see where it plugs in.

if you're unsure what an inverter is.....its an electronic box, maybe 8" x 4" x 3" depending how powerful, with a normal 230v socket built in which runs on your 12v battery and electronics provide 230v AC to run 230v appliances.

if it was a 12v/gas/230v absorption fridge it wont make any noise at all...they are completely silent

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just found another C60 which runs on 12v at 3.38amps. (why have the same model number for both 12v and 230v models :Doh:)

15 hours running time (maybe 60 hours real time) will reduce your (110ah) battery to nearly 50% charge...or in other words...flat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back