Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Well, last nights sleep test on our drive in the new van, was not a resounding success. I found it a tad uncomfortable, although Mrs DL didnt have a problem.
Ive placed a Thermarest inplace, done a bit of jiggling around, and will try again tonight................we go weekend after next for a mini break, so i,d like it sorted for then.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
had the same problem with our swift .buttons on cushions stuck in me ,got a memory foam topper .sleep like logs now .::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Any bed that needs to be made with cushions really benefits from a Raskelf memory foam topper. I rate it as the no 1 motorhome accessory and wouldn't be without:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I sleep much better and longer in the MH than at home.

I prefer the pull down at the front , my wife prefers the fixed bed at the back.

Whatever else they do, Burstner do make exceedingly comfy beds:thumb:

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
We are trying the "single bed" route at the moment, although only a couple of feet apart, because i snore like a buffalo with a sore throat..... "apparently"::bigsmile:, but if we resort to the double for comfort, than I will suggest the raskelf to "SWMBO". After god knows how many years of all kinds of camping, a good nights kip is imperative, even more so in a MH when you are driving a lot. i will keep you posted, or bored, as the case may be.:roflmto:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
::bigsmile:

I have been told I snore too...

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
At least we now have a mattress.

The main problem with our pull down bed is that it occupies the entire area forward of the kitchen. This problem may have caused Hymer to change to running across the width, instead of lengthways like ours, as apparently the Hymer-Tramp was the first to be fitted with a pull down bed. Sleeping isn't the problem, it's when I get up at five, my wife is still in bed and I can't sit down with a drink because the bed is filling the space:Sad:

PS, we both snore ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's the same problem with layout that I have.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
The main problem with our pull down bed is that it occupies the entire area forward of the kitchen. This problem may have caused Hymer to change to running across the width, instead of lengthways like ours, as apparently the Hymer-Tramp was the first to be fitted with a pull down bed. Sleeping isn't the problem, it's when I get up at five, my wife is still in bed and I can't sit down with a drink because the bed is filling the space:Sad:

PS, we both snore ::bigsmile:

go and sit on the loo :roflmto::roflmto:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I have today been bought a bottle of "SPECIAL" mouth wash which apparently stops you snoring:Eeek:

unfortunately it appears to be non alchoholic:Angry:

i will report findings:shout:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back