Weber 120 or 220 BBQ? (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
We're looking for a BBQ to use when we go away in the MH.

The Weber brand seems to get good comments but we're just a little confused between the models - 120 or 220!

1. What's the difference?
2. Is the stand included?
3. Is gas included?
4. Anything else ::bigsmile: ?

John

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Not sure which BQ but its certainly the weather to use on so thought I would bump this up, some one should have the answer

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Not sure which BQ but its certainly the weather to use on so thought I would bump this up, some one should have the answer

It's amazing weather :roflmto: :roflmto:

I usually buy cheap and buy twice :Eeek: so I thought I'd strive to get it right this time :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Q120 is the smallest and usually regarded as a two person job. Q220 has a bigger cooking area but the same footprint as the 120. They fit the same trolley, I believe. They run on any of Butane, butane/propane mix or propane. Make sure you have the correct regulator. New, they come with the fitting for Webers own mini gas butane/propane canister and have a little holder attached. I run mine off the Gaslow LPG in my van from an external socket, at home from 'Patio Gas' propane and a suitable click on 30mbar regulator and very occasionally from the original mini canister and regulator supplied with the bbq. All very successful. The Weber mini canisters are convenient for al fresco picnics but poor value and no good in low temperatures because of the butane.

Suggest you look at this site.

They have everything Weber and some nice package deals where you can pick'n'mix bbq/trolley/covers etc and make a saving. Personally, I decided against a trolley or stand because I already had a suitable lightweight aluminium folding table which is multipurpose and saves doubling up and wasting garage space in the MH.

If you are thinking of an external gas point on the van, I would recommend fitting a Bullfinch one - easily Googled, but you will have to make up your own rubber hose etc because the Weber proprietary one is the standard caravan adapter.
I am very pleased with my Q120. Reliable, effective, well built and easily the best gas bbq I have ever used. Used to be a diehard charcoal man but virtually all Continental campsites insist on no open fires now, especially in high summer. Besides which, the Weber is up and cooking in 10 minutes and doesn't die just as you want to chuck a second round of sausages on!

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Ditto above. We have/had both, bought the bigger one but found it to big and gas hungery for two so bought the smaller one and father in law ran off with the 220 yesterday with a big grin!!!!

We got the trolley but that came as a package deal on the 220 and is usefull at home but quickly got ditched in the RV, we use a table as it's smaller and easier to store. We kitted ours out for a quick connect and typical calor bottle, though this required changing the pigtail on the BBQ to 8mm, easily sourced from ebay, same thread as a cadac.

Not cheap but I think they are simple and well made, stainless burner and brass fittings plus the main body is an alloy, no rust and the screws heavily plated. Not the lightest but they do work well!

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Thanks for the excellent replies, certainly 'food for thought' ::bigsmile:

I think the 220 will best suit us.

Cheers

John

PS Don't buy the stainless steel one still in Lidl - very poor construction!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back