Diesel Filter 07 2.3 Ducato (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
We arrived in Zaragoza yesterday and whilst i was waiting to get on the pitch the Fuel Filter decided it wanted to get rid of some fuel and threw it over the floor:Doh: My insurance were very good and sent out a Spanish spanner man within the hour, he wanted to take the van away to fix the problem. In the end he took the filter housing off the van and turned the rubber seal over an replaced the filter. Not leaking anymore.....but to be on te safe side I am going to visit a Fiat professional dealer on my way to Marbella tomorrow and get them to check it out....

Would be interested to know if any one had this fuel filter leak before. I hope its not going to be a recurring theme.
Steve

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
have you had it serviced recently .?
Mine failed very similar while in Germany, 2 weeks after a major serice at Chelston "main Fiat service agent". :RollEyes:...
Adac came out and said filter had not been tightened on correctly...
I have read reports on another forum of the filters coming loose..
Mine has been perfect since...

Oh and Chelston could not give a S#*#.. Their email reply at the time basically said prove it.....

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Mine failed very similar while in Germany, 2 weeks after a major serice at Chelston "main Fiat service agent". :RollEyes:...

Oh and Chelston could not give a S#*#.. Their email reply at the time basically said prove it.....

i bet if you forwarded that email and correspondence to fiat head office they may have something to say about it especially as it was probably fitted by an 17 year old trainee without supervision.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
elamessa
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No

Had it serviced but I know they didn't touch the fuel filter. Anyway I had the complete assembly changed in Zaragosa this morning just to be on the safe side total cost €181 and no charge to change it over and was only with them just over 30 minutes can't argue with that, service manager could not do enough for me. Would never get service from a Fiat dealer in the UK or even in France for that matter.

Happy bunny now.
Steve:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We had a similar problem last year in Spain. I don't understand engines but some pin failed in the fuel filter so I was dumping fuel half way across Spain. This was first proper trip after a service.
2,3 diesel like yours (2008).

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have been in touch with a Fiat van dealer and they said that they don't use the Fiat special tool that they have, but just use grips !!!, they also said that they had only had 2 similar problems like mine and had fitted new filter housings, no further problems, but they said that they could not see any fault with the old removed units either.
They also said that they wish Fiat were still using the old metal filter bodies as there was nothing wrong with them. That's progress for you.
Still nothing from M/H supplying dealer.!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Another thread running here.......probably the same fuel filter..........read my experiences there.......if the special tools are not used chances are it will fail .

Not all dealers have the special tools.
A cradle and a special spanner that allows you to torque it up to the given spec.

The lid will fail if its too loose.......it will fail/ crack if its too tight.
Its a pathetic crap design :) in plastic which replaced the previous metal design that I'm told never gave any problems

that's progess :)

barry

Jhorsf in his post pointed out this auction for the special tools on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blueprint-...item337fe19cd9

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread