Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
When I was younger I used to take off regularly with a pack and disappear for the weekend or longer, as my way of escaping from day to day problems and getting time away from my family for a break. Then I made the mistake of buying a larger tent, air beds and even a heater, so the family wanted to come with me.

Now I've got the camper and have retired, so theoretically have more time to get away, but it's not working out that way, due to a combination of appointments, family birthdays and other commitments. I really miss being able to disappear by myself, which was a lot easier before mobile phones and vehicle ownership.

I've put my foot down today and told my wife that if I get one more complication from her side which means I have to come back every couple of weeks I may just disappear for the Summer and switch my mobile phone off:Smile:

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
did she say goodie?

When I was younger I used to take off regularly with a pack and disappear for the weekend or longer, as my way of escaping from day to day problems and getting time away from my family for a break. Then I made the mistake of buying a larger tent, air beds and even a heater, so the family wanted to come with me.

Now I've got the camper and have retired, so theoretically have more time to get away, but it's not working out that way, due to a combination of appointments, family birthdays and other commitments. I really miss being able to disappear by myself, which was a lot easier before mobile phones and vehicle ownership.

I've put my foot down today and told my wife that if I get one more complication from her side which means I have to come back every couple of weeks I may just disappear for the Summer and switch my mobile phone off:Smile:

Now if I said that to Sue, she would say goodie when are you going:Blush::Blush::Blush:

Bob:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm sure there are quite a few loners who look in here and don't say much and don't attend rallies. You only have to look around when touring to see that there are plenty who travel alone. On our meets and rallies there are a lot of people who arrive alone but the relaxed atmosphere always sees them included if they want to be. :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009

so since you retired you find it hard to believe how you had the time to work:Doh:

i believe this is usually the case your time just gets eaten by other things.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

I've put my foot down today [HI]and told my wife that if I get one more complication from her side which means I have to come back every couple of weeks I may just disappear for the Summer[/HI] and switch my mobile phone off:Smile:

"Take plenty of clean underwear, and don't forget your toothbrush", is the answer I'd have got ...........

.............might try it, just to find out?
:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back