External windscreen blinds (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Which are the best?? For a Citroen Relay (same as all the other Euro vans really!)

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
There are 2 main brands Taylor Made or Silverscreens, personally prefer Silverscreens but its a matter of personal choice.

Both available via internet.

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
I've got silver screens and they do an excellent job keeping the front of my van warm with no condensation don't know about Taylormade

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Silver Products 'Foldstar' screens are excellent value. They have a section which folds down to allow seeing outside during the day.
We have used ours at minus 20 and they perform well.:thumb:

We bought ours from their ebay shop.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've owned both makes and TBH I think they are pretty much the same, I've presently got a Taylor Made set and the quality is very good. Silver Screens don't do shows, Tailor Made do the big shows; though the owner is the most miserable trader you'll ever meet, always seems to wear a scowl. Pick either and the screens will last for years. :thumb:

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
external screens

Yes Jim you are right about the owner:Angry:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Just enquired for a set from Taylor made for 1995 Hymer 534, quoted £150 seems reasonable unless of course any funsters have a set they are trying to dispose of

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
....and on the otherhand, the owner of Silverscreens is a really nice chap! Very helpful when I spoke to him to order ours.

The Silverscreens also fold down to open the view of the screen in the daytime without removing it.

The other thing I like about Silverscreens (Taylor Made maybe the same) is the size of the storage bag. I can't remember how many things I've own in the past (Sleeping bags, tents etc) that have to be folded/rolled and slotted into a bag that always seems too small. The Silverscreen bag is more than adequate and it's simple to fold the screens and slot into the bag with out any need for someone else to help.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
hi Ridgeway

Does your screen unzip or unroll down the front to let in light?

Many thanks

Catherine

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Does your screen unzip or unroll down the front to let in light?

Many thanks

Catherine

Not really, it's a pretty tight fit on the cab front so not much movement to roll anything up/down although it does help being tight with regards to wind.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
We have a Taylormade and it works very well.
It folds down at the front via industrial grade velcro, has magnets on the doors, velcro fastens under the mirrors and elasticated tie downs (with clips for the front grill), and it locates over the cab door corners.

It eliminates condensation and keeps the warmth in (or cool on a hot day) and folds up easily. It seems very robust so it should last a good while. I can get it into the large storage bag on my own, but of course, it is easier with two of us.

If it has been packed wet/damp I air it at the earliest opportunity, although a good shake seems to remove any water.

We went and collected it from Taylormade as we don't live to far away. He has quite a collection of vehicles to practice on, from vans to an American RV. I assume this is what he uses when he attends shows etc.

Hope my rambling has been of some use. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back