Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Has anybody help with information about where to park in or near Santiago. I wondered if it is better to find an aire/campsite outside and catch a bus into the city. There does not seem to be an ACSI site in the area and nothing in the Spanish Aires book.

Any advice would be welcome.
Elizabeth :Smile::Smile:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Has anybody help with information about where to park in or near Santiago. I wondered if it is better to find an aire/campsite outside and catch a bus into the city. There does not seem to be an ACSI site in the area and nothing in the Spanish Aires book.

Any advice would be welcome.
Elizabeth :Smile::Smile:

When do you need the info I will be doing the pilgrime journey by bicycle in July and can look out for info regarding MH parking for you

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Google maps show a few..

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Camping+near+Santiago+de+Compostela,+Spain&hl=en&ll=42.903634,-8.511658&spn=0.127502,0.328903&sll=42.880996,-8.421021&sspn=0.510192,1.315613&oq=camping++Santiago+de+Compostela,+Spain&hq=Camping&hnear=Santiago+de+Compostela,+Corunna,+Galicia,+Spain&t=m&fll=42.906651,-8.512344&fspn=0.127496,0.328903&z=12&iwloc=B

This one looks good and is listed in ACSI
http://www.campingascancelas.com/

As Campign Gates is a quiet and cozy. Just 2 km from the Cathedral of Santiago, within the urban area of ​​the city, on a hillside with splendid views of the city.
With a line of 180 meters bus that runs every 15 minutes and go to the center.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
This is all I can find with ACSI. San Marcos at Monte de Gozo. A few miles ENE

OP
OP
artemis

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Santiago

When do you need the info I will be doing the pilgrime journey by bicycle in July and can look out for info regarding MH parking for you

We are setting off for Santander on Sunday so July is too late but would be interested to know how you get on. Which route are you taking?

Last year we saw lots of pilgrims heading that way on foot, bicycle aneven on donkeys so I wanted to go there. Unfortunately am not fit enough to take the pilgrims route but just seeing the place will be better than nothing.

Good luck with your pilgrimage.
Elizabeth :thumb:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
We are setting off for Santander on Sunday so July is too late but would be interested to know how you get on. Which route are you taking?

Last year we saw lots of pilgrims heading that way on foot, bicycle aneven on donkeys so I wanted to go there. Unfortunately am not fit enough to take the pilgrims route but just seeing the place will be better than nothing.

Good luck with your pilgrimage.
Elizabeth :thumb:

Thank you, there are four of us doing this pilgrime journey to raise money for cancer All having personal reasons to do so.
Journey starts in South of England bike to Portsmonth/ Santender/ Santiago de compostela/Santender/portsmonth/ Horley, surrey We plan to cycle this in 3 weeks

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
We're gonna walk in ....:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• CIMG0042.jpg
    CIMG0042.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 19
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Watched the film The Way with Martin Sheen. This was a great watch and its all about a Father whose Son dies walking the Way (The Pilgrims Way) and how he walks the way to come to terms with whats happene. He also meets other pilgrims on the way.

I really enjoyed it and yes I think if I was younger and more phsically fit I might consider this challenge.

Sonja

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I must admit I knew little of the pilgrims way, but watching that film has inspired us to walk it, or at least some of it. We were going to spend a couple of days in Santiago de Compostela in the first week of Feb, but you'll remember there was snow everywhere so we headed south.

Watched the film The Way with Martin Sheen. This was a great watch and its all about a Father whose Son dies walking the Way (The Pilgrims Way) and how he walks the way to come to terms with whats happene. He also meets other pilgrims on the way.

I really enjoyed it and yes I think if I was younger and more phsically fit I might consider this challenge.

Sonja

OP
OP
artemis

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Thanks for mentioning the film about the pilgrimage. I had not heard of it but will try to get hold of a copy. We were fascinated last year when in Northern Spain and the Pyrenees to see shell shapes stuck on to buildings and and were told these were marking the pilgrim route.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You can see signs all over Europe and beyond. I'd seen them but hadn't quite realised what they were. Here are some routes Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back