Free Member
Mar 13, 2012
Pontefract
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Hi all any idear where i can get a shower tap for hymer 544 it is the blue mixer/shower tap the micro switch has stopped working in mine Thanks Bernie:Doh:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all any idear where i can get a shower tap for hymer 544 it is the blue mixer/shower tap the micro switch has stopped working in mine Thanks Bernie:Doh:
Hi Bernie,

Try giving Rick Gorton at Reich UK a call or an email, explaining your problem, especially if you are struggling to find a dealer to supply you. :winky::winky::winky:

A photo with the email will help him to identify the correct tap for you. He may be able to supply just the micro switch, if you are sure that is the actual defect within the tap.
rick.gorton@reich-web.com
Tel (01543) 459243

HTH,

Jock.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Bernie....give these a ring near between Hull & Beverly... East Yorkshire
They do post....I have been many times it is like ALADDIN'S CAVE with parts of all types
http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/ I will be very surprised if they do not have one...they buy surplus motorhomes/ caravans parts from all over, they even now supply manufactures that have got rid of oldish stock to save on storage...a lot off the parts used are on most European makes. Do not take it what he has on the web site is all they have on stock .....believe me it is vast amount of
stock when you get there.....cataloging would take him years.

In fact Bernie have a run out to the coast and call on them they are not that far from you at PONTEFRACT..when you see the shop front you think Mmmmm not very big then go inside....stock everywhere upstairs downstairs all around your feet...

Bernie is it possible to put a photo on off the tap in Question...this may others to help you.

Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Bernie....give these a ring near between Hull & Beverly... East Yorkshire
They do post....I have been many times it is like ALADDIN'S CAVE with parts of all types
http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/ I will be very surprised if they do not have one...they buy surplus motorhomes/ caravans parts from all over, they even now supply manufactures that have got rid of oldish stock to save on storage...a lot off the parts used are on most European makes. Do not take it what he has on the web site is all they have on stock .....believe me it is vast amount of
stock when you get there.....cataloging would take him years.

In fact Bernie have a run out to the coast and call on them they are not that far from you at PONTEFRACT..when you see the shop front you think Mmmmm not very big then go inside....stock everywhere upstairs downstairs all around your feet...

Bernie is it possible to put a photo on off the tap in Question...this may others to help you.

Mel:thumb:

Some of there stock have peoples names and address's on that the manufactures should have posted to customers.... some will still waiting for there parts, but the manufactures have sold them to O'Leary..for space required for new models.Ups! or they have gone belly up bust.:Eeek:

Mel

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
why not get rid of your micro switches... and put a grooved pressure switch in there place :thumb: then you will not have to buy a new tap:thumb:

Johnnie Gee

Free Member
May 1, 2009
Near Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Shower tap

Hi Bernie,
I had a similar problem with the kitchen tap on my 624!:cry:

They are normally made by reich, but you don't need to buy the whole tap, they can cost about £70:Eeek:

If it is like the tap I stripped down, just unscrew the on off selector handle and pull off the outer cover.

With that off you will see a small screw, take that out, pull the plastic module out and you have the microswitch.

The wires go through the tap by the hose connections, I tried to pull them through and they were a bit sticky, so I went for the easier option and cut the wires shorter on the new switch and soldered them on to the original wiring, remembering to put some shrink sleeving on to the joints, to prevent them shorting together
The microswitch cost about a tenner from anyone selling reich taps, or go to brownhills as a last resort.

Hope this helps

JJG

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
why not get rid of your micro switches... and put a grooved pressure switch in there place :thumb: then you will not have to buy a new tap:thumb:
Please tell me more Steve..........or wait until we get together over a beer at Stratford. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Please tell me more Steve..........or wait until we get together over a beer at Stratford. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

Hi Jock

all explained here ...

however, I have one in the caravan and find it tricky to set up .. too low, the pump doesn't stop, .. too high and it doesn't cut in.. then after a lot of fiddling you get it just right .. but a couple of days later, your fiddling again .. :Doh:

The reason for this is that the speed and consequently the output pressure from a submersible pump changes with the battery voltage .. Personally I would get rid of the micro switches and change the submersible pump for a Shurflo or similar.. :thumb:

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Jock

all explained here ...

however, I have one in the caravan and find it tricky to set up .. too low, the pump doesn't stop, .. too high and it doesn't cut in.. then after a lot of fiddling you get it just right .. but a couple of days later, your fiddling again .. :Doh:

The reason for this is that the speed and consequently the output pressure from a submersible pump changes with the battery voltage .. Personally I would get rid of the micro switches and change the submersible pump for a Shurflo or similar.. :thumb:
Thanks for the link Jim. :thumb:

I had one in the Coachman caravan, and the thing was a right pain in the a##e, for the very same reasons you've detailed above Jim.

Steve, it's not for me. I'll stick to my micro switches thanks, but we'll still have that beer, eh? :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back