Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just booked in here for a couple of nights from tomorrow ,never been before, wife wants to go back as she went there when she was a kid !
Anyone know any thing about it? :Eeek:

nb Should have said in Wales

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I haven't been for about 20 years but it was lovely way back then ::bigsmile:

There used to be a piece of land right on the end of the road almost on the beach back then where you could camp for £4 per night. Don't think there were any facilities though.

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Not been, but was on the list for this weekend too, however, we are going the other side of the bay at Shell Island as personally thought £25 per night was a bit much for a basic site.

Enjoy what looks like it's going to be a warm one and shout hello across the bay! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Depends which Black Rock Sands campsite you mean. The expensive one's at the western end just below the cliff. There's two other much cheaper ones before you get to it. We use this one which is only £10 a night for field, tap, chemical waste point and portakabin loo/washroom, and it's less crowded than the touring park.

If you're not familiar with the area it's well worth a walk (or bike ride) in the direction of the Glaslyn estuary, round the bottom of the Golf club and along the coast path towards Borth-y-gest. Some lovely secluded beaches along there. Black Rock Sands itself can be a bit full on as they allow cars onto it. If you like music, be sure to take a look at Cob Records opposite the steam railway station in Porthmadog - the best second-hand music shop I know of anywhere. If you want to park a MH for free in Porthmadog, try here 52.929344,-4.138659 which is an industrial estate road near Aldi & Lidl.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I was down there last year and it was much the same as its always been. I used to have a long term deal with the campsite on your right as you go down the lane. its only a field with water,toilet and dump but if your into fishing they have a great well stocked trout lake. I paid £100 per month 2 years ago long term.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I used to have a long term deal with the campsite on your right as you go down the lane. I paid £100 per month 2 years ago long term.

That's worth knowing, thanks - we go there for weekends and we'd like to spend more time in the area when we've retired. We wondered about whether they did long term deals or not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
just out of interest.. If anyone is in the MCC.. there is a holiday rally for 10 days at Porthmadog in August.. usually a good turnout and an ideal spot for visiting the area...
We usually go to the rally and then go park the van down on black rock beach itself on the day we leave. Kids love it...:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back