Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
::bigsmile: On Wednesday we sold the business:roflmto:
This means that we are not working 7 days a week and should be able to meet up with you guys at some of the rallies. :thumb:
We can at last use our new toy which only I have slept in once. The wife is really looking forward to a bit of well earned R&R, together with our Bernese Mountain dog "Brewster"
Lock up your Livers :ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
retirement never happens

Retirement never happens... we always find something started to get in the way...

I thought we were all set 3 years back..Sue took early retirement, I just stopped (I was able to do that being a lawyer).. but Sue went back for half hours and I ended up working for a housing association as an unpaid board member... these days seem busier than ever.

Only one getting any rest is Ezzie (The St Bernard)...

Bob

OP
OP
Soaringman

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Hi bob
Yes the wife cant sit still, but I have some gliding to catch up on:Smile: but having worked since I was 15. It is now time for a rest. Only 2 days in and not bored yet:roflmto: plenty of gardening to do :Sad: Hope Ezzie is well, have been following on threads. It is always a worry, we lost our lab collie cross a year ago and still brings a lump to the throat when we think about it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Congratulations!! Can still remember the feeling of relief when I sold my business. Few months from now you'll wonder how you ever did the hours.

Happy travelling.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Retirement never happens... we always find something started to get in the way...(snip)

Is that really the case Bob or is it more a matter of choosing to take up paid employment or voluntary work because one wants to?

We kept out part time business going for nearly 6 years after I retired and then sold it, both by choice. Jill continued to work part time for a year after I retired, again from choice. We've both done charitable work throughout that time, again by choice.

All those choices, though, have been made at the same time as ensuring that they didn't interfere with other things we wanted to do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Amazing feeling of freedom when you sell a business you are ready to sell now you can start the next step, enjoy your retirement and your new toy. :thumb:

mickcope

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
i found it took me about a year to wind down after closing the business and 'retiring'.

But now love it and would not go back

Mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back