How much can you get them down? (1 Viewer)

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
Obviously I couldn't pay the sticker price!
so how much would you expect a dealer to take off £26,950?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
a relative was with a local dealer at camarthen show last weekend van was £29950 without hesitation the dealer offered £4k off for no part ex... so i guess could squeeze a fraction more than that...:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jazzbow

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
a relative was with a local dealer at camarthen show last weekend van was £29950 without hesitation the dealer offered £4k off for no part ex... so i guess could squeeze a fraction more than that...:thumb:

oooo this pleases me muchly ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
just dont WANT anything more than you can walk away from, theres lots out there, but dont buy a pig, dont forget if somethings to good to be true it probibily isnt, dont shy away from private stuff but get it checked first.

It is a buyers market, when I bought, befor I parted with my money I rang a few "i want to buy your your motorhome" type people to see f I was in the ballpark,

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Getting the first/opening offer is very important with dealers and extremely important for private sales. Seems to me that you don't know what the van is worth. YOU SHOULD NEVER NEGOTIATE PRICE UNLESS YOU KNOW PRECISELY WHAT THE VAN IS WORTH. There are lots of ways to do this, ebay is good but look at completed sales only. There are different negotiating strategies and getting the right one can save you a lot of money. I wrote a book about buying motorhomes and have saved Funsters thousands, take a look at the link in my signature :Smile: Best of luck :thumb:

Upvote 0

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
'it' has not been found yet but we want a 4 berth Elddis (we know they aren't the best but we're poor :cry:)
I need to factor the 'discount' into what I look for
cheers
Dawn

Quoted text:- Elddis (we know they aren't the best but we're poor):cry:

opp5

Well, that sure is one way to upset the Elddis owners on the forum then..... that includes us:whatthe::Doh:

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Older models are better built than newer ones - elddis do last well! They are a 'budget' brand of the british, but there are models that are a whole lot worse I can assure you!

They also seem to win the awards year on year. Personally, I o for the proof being in the pudding - 5 years of hire, nothing broken, all still works!

Upvote 0

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
'it' has not been found yet but we want a 4 berth Elddis (we know they aren't the best but we're poor :cry:)
I need to factor the 'discount' into what I look for
cheers
Dawn

:Doh::Doh::Doh:
WHATS WRONG WITH ELDDIS LIKE????? THE GEORDIE MAFIA IS WATCHING YOU

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jazzbow

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
:Doh::Doh::Doh:
WHATS WRONG WITH ELDDIS LIKE????? THE GEORDIE MAFIA IS WATCHING YOU

oops :cry:
SAWRY! it's just that we've made that assumption that Elddis may be the Lada (take note that I do not mention a car in current production!!!) of the MH world given the prices. Didn't mean to upset anyone as we've never actaully set foot in one :Blush:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jazzbow

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
Quoted text:- Elddis (we know they aren't the best but we're poor):cry:

opp5

Well, that sure is one way to upset the Elddis owners on the forum then..... that includes us:whatthe::Doh:

* takes foot out of mouth to say* It wasn't intended to upset anyone sorry:Sad:

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
oops :cry:
SAWRY! it's just that we've made that assumption that Elddis may be the Lada (take note that I do not mention a car in current production!!!) of the MH world given the prices. Didn't mean to upset anyone as we've never actaully set foot in one :Blush:

Oi, whats wrong with Lada's?

I learnt to drive in one of them Russian tanks....:Smile:

As for knocking money off? impossible to say, depends how much the dealer has in it,

If he brought it for £19995 then plenty of negotiating profit, if he took it in at £24995, not so much....

Want my advice?

Do your home work and buy private with a hab inspection done by someone you know.

BTW<

Elddis Rock, there a van, they have wheels, they can be slept in cook in and have fun in.
Just like any other, no snobs on here.

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Save money this weekend then !

In fairness to all Funsters who I cant email, we have an offer on this weekend for TEN per cent of anything on our website for internet ordering, you can buy over the counter but keep it quiet as the offers not available for callers as such.

There is also an offer of FIVE percent of all new and used motorhomes subject to no part exchange.

Peter

link.php

Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi DD, to my mind it is all about doing your home work :thumb:You need to know what price the van you are looking at is worth- search Auto trader and ebay but on ebay you can see what has actually sold for what price on the history :Smile:Even then it may show a lot of no sales but sold private :Doh: so it is a case of knowing---A bloke I know phoned me up for my thoughts on a van / price -I told him to offer 2.5k less and leave it for a couple of days (he must get back :winky:) and see what happened ? Nothing, I still see the van for sale but obviously the guy did not like his offer ::bigsmile:THAT was 5 mths ago :Eeek: and to my mind he will still have it in another 5 mths because it was over priced a little then,but he must think he will get a better price now :Sad: He should have took the 2.5k less and moved on ::bigsmile:Find the van you are after,search the above sites to get idea on price then make a low offer and judge reaction :winky: You can always up it if you really want it or walk and find another-plenty out there :thumb:
terry

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Only thing with private sales are;

1. Usually over priced
2. No back up if it goes wrong.

This is fine, but you will need to ensure it has been well cared for, serviced, and you MUST know the market price of the vehicle. There has been vehicles sold above dealer prices through private sales, so watch for that.

Have a good check over, and pay attention to servicing and maintenance!

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
In fairness to all Funsters who I cant email, we have an offer on this weekend for TEN per cent of anything on our website for internet ordering, you can buy over the counter but keep it quiet as the offers not available for callers as such.

There is also an offer of FIVE percent of all new and used motorhomes subject to no part exchange.

Peter

link.php

Broken Link Removed

Hi again DD ::bigsmile: That's 1500 quid off Peter :thumb: WHO IS NORMALLY TIGHTER THAN A DUCKS A ---E ::bigsmile:First time I have know him give a discount on a van-normally 5 % on spares HAS SHIFFTY SEEN THIS
terry

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
He is on so will have spotted it ::bigsmile: 10% discount on spares will be in his memory bank by now :winky:
terry

Spares ? there are over 3500 different items on offer from wellie boots, tent pegs to £1000 plus Fiammas, cookers, stoves, coolboxes, awnings, annexes,
we have a treasure trove warehouse filled full of goodies and toys for you to enjoy:thumb:

Site Map
Camping

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back