Solo travellers meet anyone? (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
If anyone is interested how about August - could be Bank holiday? I am happy to try and find a site somewhere in central England if enough people respond. It will be a bit difficult to organise as strictly speaking any solos' meets have to be arranged via the password-required sub forum. I got the password from Jim after Peterbro'. Any solo who wants the password should PM Jim and ask for it, and then can pass it on to anyone they know to be a genuine solo traveller. Jim fixed this to safeguard female members who travel solo. I have PM'd Maz & Gromett but haven't actually met any other solos traveller...

Catherine

poppy

Free Member
Sep 5, 2011
Solihull
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
since 2011
Solo or unattached

Hi, can you tell me do you mean people who Motorhome alone or people who are single and travel alone?

I am Married but often travel alone but do not want to be part of a SINGLES travel group.

Poppy:winky:

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Travelling alone

There are several funsters who said that they travel alone for various reasons and would be interested in meeting up with other solo travellers. I don't think they are interested in a 'singles' group, but in using their vans more and meeting other likeminded souls. I have a partner who is almost never available at weekends and I would like to go off to interesting places in the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I read it as solo traveller not singles club..

I am too young to settle down :imoutahere:

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
When and where?

Could be up for it if daughter's otherwise engaged. A bit nervous about just heading out on my tod.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi, can you tell me do you mean people who Motorhome alone or people who are single and travel alone?

I am Married but often travel alone but do not want to be part of a SINGLES travel group.

Poppy:winky:

I travel alone (most of the time, anyway) and am quite happy just joining in with everyone else at the usual Fun rallies. Personally I don't feel the need for a Solo Motorhomers group, but if it will encourage some of our shyer solo Funsters out into the open I'm willing to give it a go. :Smile:

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi kat yoo can put me down, i,m a fulltime solo traveler, :Smile:

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Smudger

Do you have the password for the sub-forum??

C

dvla

Free Member
May 18, 2010
Funster No
yes sounds good to me i travel on my own would be happy to meet with outhers doing same thing kev

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yup - another one here - I'll keep in touch with this on my return...

I also went 'overnight' from a car to a motorhome - started with an overnighter with a friend & then a weekend with a group of motorhomers & next I'm off to Scotland for a week and then to Orkney (meeting friends there) - anyway mostly on my own!:wooo:

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I will wait

until I have a few more... there are about 8 interested so far!

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
solo travellers

Might be interested. Have just requested the password from Jim
Kath ::bigsmile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If it is possible, I would be interested. Would not have to be too far away as I may need to get back... also never know until last minute if able to get away .... but would LOVE to join you. xx:Smile:

Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
would love to but I think I will be the other end of the country, if Im around then definately

Freedom Hunter

Free Member
May 6, 2012
Sherborne
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2008
August Solo Meet

Count me in Catherine! I would love to meet up with folk who are also solo travellers. Unfortunately I do not have the magical solo 'password' as yet, so fear that I will miss out on meets until I find another friendly soloist who would like to invite me to 'join'.:RollEyes:

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well solos...

It's building up nicely. if slowly! Will wait for a few more I think...

Catherine

Jun 24, 2010
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
Bahama

I will be in England in August and would be very interested in joining your solos weekend:winky: I have been motorhoming 3 years now edit details did not connect.........My daughter lives over here now and is getting married in June and I will be coming over from N.I.and bringin my motorhome with the view to travel around June July and August before heading to France in September

Last edited:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
At the risk of getting shot down, I am going to play devils advocate here.

I travel solo and attend Fun meets whenever I can, including the Marjal meet in Spain. I have never felt on my own at the meets, nor felt like a spare part. I work on the theory that I get out what I put in.

There has always been other solo funsters at the meets, and we chug along quite niciely

It will not be easy to arrange a "solo" meet, as numbers and convenient dates will conspire against it I fear.

So, as a solo, my advice is simple. Come along to the "normal" meets at the Shows, Bring and Buy, Rutland etc etc and prepare to be pleasantly suprised and surrounded by like minded people.

An added benefit of this is that you will get to know each other, and I can almost guarantee you will decide that a solo meet is of no benefit.

However if you feel a solo meet would be the way to go then you will have broken the ice beforehand.

Simples :thumb:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Unfortunately I do not have the magical solo 'password' as yet, so fear that I will miss out on meets until I find another friendly soloist who would like to invite me to 'join'.:RollEyes:

Think that probably the only way to get the password is to turn up at one of the 'normal' Fun rallies ....... unless you already know another Funster. :Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Or as "Simples" says in his post above .....:ROFLMAO: We could turn up at ordinary meets and ask the marshalls to put us all next to each other.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back