Wild camping Portsmouth/Bognor (1 Viewer)

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
In about 7 days time we arrive in the UK on the Le Havre to Portsmouth ferry which docks around 9.30pm so by the time we get off it will be too late to reach the CC site at Bognor where we plan to stay for a few days. Anyone got any suggestions for a good secure and safe area for overnighting somewhere in the Portsmouth to Bognor Regis area.

OP
OP
wander

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Really surprised!!

So has no one ever wild camped in Portsmouth or Bognor? Thought I would have got a few replies at least! :cry:

Where do all you wild camper go? :Eeek:

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
:Smile: Hi I am not sure but I did hear of someone staying at the dock's while waiting for a ferry I can see no reason for not staying there nice and safe when you get of the ferry I think some lorry drivers do yours Brian :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
So has no one ever wild camped in Portsmouth or Bognor? Thought I would have got a few replies at least! :cry:

Where do all you wild camper go? :Eeek:

There are two pull ins on the Emsworth By-pass where the truckers go each night fairly close to Chichester.

There is also the new aire that has been written about down on Hayling Island.

Round where I live in Port Solent several boat owners sleep over in the boat/car park next to their boats whilst they're working on them so it is common to see a camper there, plus of course there are security men walking about all through the night.

There's no shortage of places really..........Griff

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Head for Lee on Solent, plenty of parking on the front.

Further up towards Hillhead, there are a couple of car parking areas that might appeal.

Not in the Bognor direction but I have used them in the past - nice views of the Solent.

Frabn

Free Member
May 16, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
30+
portsmouth parking

We have often stayed overnight at the back of the car park where cars etc queue up for the ferry. At the back you dont get in the way of those queuing for a boat. Very safe as there are security cameras.

Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
There are two pull ins on the Emsworth By-pass where the truckers go each night fairly close to Chichester.

There is also the new aire that has been written about down on Hayling Island.

Round where I live in Port Solent several boat owners sleep over in the boat/car park next to their boats whilst they're working on them so it is common to see a camper there, plus of course there are security men walking about all through the night.

There's no shortage of places really..........Griff

We will make a note of this for later on when we plan to come down to see family in and around Denmead/Portchester/Southsea before going across to France. We're not sure of exact dates, but had planned to stay at "Mr Camp's Camp" at Hayling Island:roflmto:
We're a bit wary of the "wild camping" at the moment, so will see what me decide later with regards to distances to the Portsmouth ferry etc
:thumb: It's a long time since we've been in that area:RollEyes:
Margaret & Bill

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Im surprised nobody mentioned portsdown hill. Regularly see motorhomes up there with a view of the solent, plus in the daytime theres a superb burger van

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back