Just taken delivery of................ (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
My new electric bike from AS cycles, it's on charge as I write :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Jacky

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
My new electric bike from AS cycles, it's on charge as I write :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Jacky

Did you nick his credit card?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

S

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2011
Chester-le-Street, UK
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640 GtRb
Exp
since 2011
Hi Jacky,
Sounds a good move, did you buy the pedal system bike? We have been thinking of buying for sometime and tried a friends only to find you either had to have it 'on' or normal and it seemed to run away with me!!!
Gina

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Jacky,
Sounds a good move, did you buy the pedal system bike? We have been thinking of buying for sometime and tried a friends only to find you either had to have it 'on' or normal and it seemed to run away with me!!!
Gina
This has 3 options
1. normal pedals with no assistance
2. Pedal and have assistance
3. No pedalling just by motor

I tried all 3 - 2 is good and what most people say they use, when i used 3 - only motor - although I was probably only doing 3-4mph (you use the throttle on the handle to go up to 15mph) I felt like I was doing 60mph:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I suppose it's something you get used to:Smile:

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Did you nick his credit card?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

S
No - I just ordered it and told him after.
I have so many witnesses to him saying I could have one for my birthday!
Laughing cos the handlebars are so high what with the small wheels I feel like I'm riding a "Chopper" bike - just need an aerial & flags for the back.
Apparently I have to ask to swop for a shorter handbar stem what with me being a person lacking in great height :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 6, 2011
Chester-le-Street, UK
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640 GtRb
Exp
since 2011
Thanks Jackie, it sounds like they have improved since I tried them. Will have to think about the handlebar stem too.....being of petite height too!!
Gina

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I had to laugh the other day.

I was queuing in traffic going down a steep hill. On the other side of the road - coming up the hill - was a guy on a mountain bike with all the lycra gear on and a streamline crash hat. He was going so slow I thought he was going to fall off.

Ten yards behind him was a woman on an electric sit-it-up-and-beg style bike. It was hilarious. She was peddling like she was on the level and admiring the scenery. I'm sure most of the drivers queuing up won't have realised she was on an electric bike, and will have been amazed at her amazing leg muscles.

That will be you on your new bike. Lucky you :D

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
This has 3 options
1. normal pedals with no assistance
2. Pedal and have assistance
3. No pedalling just by motor

I tried all 3 - 2 is good and what most people say they use, when i used 3 - only motor - although I was probably only doing 3-4mph (you use the throttle on the handle to go up to 15mph) I felt like I was doing 60mph:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I suppose it's something you get used to:Smile:

Hi We bought two last year, out in Spain at the mo, 250 watt motor and 36 volt battery very pleased with them, tried all 3 options for travel no probs with either . Pete

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I feel a bit of a race coming on before too much longer !!

Only AS bikes allowed :winky: ( But be warned.. no one is quite sure how or why, but Womans bike is way way faster than any other we have ever come across so she will have to have a handycap .. and I do NOT mean continue to be married to me either !!! )

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I bet you've had it "chipped" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I contacted them today and he's bringing me a shorter stem to the Stratford show. Till then I guess I'll just have to ride it with my arms at shoulder level.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back