Carmarthen show (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Just got back from the Carmarthen show. I only went down yesterday and stayed over night but Glyn did the weekend. Didn't fancy the wet weather although it turned out glorious. I didn't get to see many Funsters myself .

Lee::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Had a great weekend in the sun.still here for another night. Many thanks to Jim.Sian and Chrisboyo for the show and also Champers for the bacon butties . Highlight for us has to be Peters amazing Welshcakes .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lofty

Free Member
Jul 27, 2010
Englishman in South Wales
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
18 Months
::bigsmile: Yes once again BIG thanks to Jim and Sian for a fabulous meet in sunny Carmarthen, it was good to meet new and old Funsters again, (not in age!) :Smile:
Peter H's welsh cakes were delicious as was Taran Las's curry's:thumb:
Also THANKYOU to Ash who has put our mind at rest with our electrickery in Wilma:thumb: and of course my bro and sis in law (Champers) for a fandabbydozy BBQ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: a great time was had by all.
Its off to work for me now x:Sad:

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
We loved being in Carmarthen. Great to meet up and chat with many of you!
Weather turned out great too....what more could we ask for?! ::bigsmile:
Yorkie kids had a great time too.....:winky:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:thumb:Brilliant couple of days, Peter H and his Welsh Cakes were for me one of the many highlights.

Seeing John and Kath again, meeting Really retired and Griffs, CharL, Stitchup, Highwayman Eddie Van Bitz and so many others all for the first time, the only down for me was letting Jackie loose in the show with some cash.

Deep down, although Kath didn't join Jackie shopping it was the fact that Kath was nearby and her influence got the better of us, dearest show I've ever been to.

Thanks to all, we loved it.............Griff
:thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Just got back from the Carmarthen show. I only went down yesterday and stayed over night but Glyn did the weekend. Didn't fancy the wet weather although it turned out glorious. I didn't get to see many Funsters myself .

Lee::bigsmile:

Are you two going to Stratford this year?

All the best Rick

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Well, we had a brilliant time @ Carmarthen. Everyone was so friendly and helpful ::bigsmile:

Thanks to the marshals for guiding us to a delightful spot close to the lake
CarmarthenFunstersMay20126.jpg

and The Nightclub
CarmarthenFunstersMay201222.jpg

Weather was fantastic and Fun too
CarmarthenFunstersMay201273.jpg

We didn't experience any major problems ::bigsmile: Couldn't open the gas cylinder locker and had to drill the lock out. Fitted a replacement barrel I just happened to have with me.

Thanks to everyone for the Fun & friendliness.

Still trying to identify the Chester Swingers :ROFLMAO:

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Hilary and I, with the three dogs, two tortoises budgie, are now chilling at the CC Brynich site in Brecon (with at least 2 other parties that were at Carmarthen) and wish to thank Jim and Sian for organising such a super rally at the show. The weather was excellent (it takes a special type of organiser to get this sorted in this year of great drought!), the company good, the bacon butties welcome and the welsh cakes and lemon drizzle amazing. Many thanks to Jim and Sian, Chrisboyo, Champers and Peter. Hope everyone got or gets home safe and hope to meet you again down the road.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
A special club "Motorhome fun"

Got to Carmarthen, switched off engine and it failed to start again.:cry:

To cut a long story short the cause was a failing alternator (masked by the fact I put the van on EHU at home as a matter of course). Only at Motorhome fun could the following happen, Ash checks my battery, Highwayman Nigel provides a new substantial negative terminal and jumps the battery, Peter H brings along his generator to charge up the battery to get me to Brecon and last but certainly not least John (Mr. Champers & Mrs. Champers) orders a new Alternator and opens his workshop (when he's supposed to be on holiday) and fits the new alternator.

A big thanks to all who helped and put up with me during my hour of need:roflmto::thumb:

Thanks for ordering the sunshine Jim, truly was a miracle:ROFLMAO:

ogri

Free Member
Nov 7, 2011
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thanks

Thanks to everyone for making my 1st rally a great event, especially Jim and Sian for their organisation John and Kath for a great BBQ and Laurence for the entertainment of watching that motorised sat go around and around and around....but never finding any sats..:Doh:..oh! and of course Peter for those lovely Welsh Cakes..
Diolch

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Carmarthen

Thanks to all that gave us such a warm welcome at carmarthen,(our first time with the funsters,and our motorhome) and look forward to joining you all again soon, and thanks to jim & sian for all the hard work put in to make it a great weekend..:thumb::thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks to all that gave us such a warm welcome at carmarthen,(our first time with the funsters,and our motorhome) and look forward to joining you all again soon, and thanks to jim & sian for all the hard work put in to make it a great weekend..:thumb::thumb:

Nice to meet you both:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back