Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I have downloaded Expat so I can access BBC I player here in France, and very successful it is !!
However, occasionally it comes up with insufficient bandwidth to stream this programme, usually a film !
Would a booster of some kind sort this out for me ???
Many thanks etc .... Stephen.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have downloaded Expat so I can access BBC I player here in France, and very successful it is !!
However, occasionally it comes up with insufficient bandwidth to stream this programme, usually a film !
Would a booster of some kind sort this out for me ???
Many thanks etc .... Stephen.
I can only offer you my expert opinion
BBC iPlayer programmes need a minimum amount of bandwidth - the amount of data that your connection can transfer - to play smoothly. If your internet connection can't handle the data rate, for example you're on dial-up internet, then you will see this message.

Check your available bandwidth using the Link Removed.

You may see this message despite having an adequate bandwidth according to this tool.

There are a number of potential causes of this, including sharing bandwidth with other devices on the same connection, using wireless connection devices, and incorrect bandwidth allocation from your router.

Check the quality level at which you are watching. HD or higher quality needs more bandwidth and processing power. Try switching to normal or lower quality (located on the bottom left of the programme page) to see if this helps.

If you have checked these possible causes and are still told you have insufficient bandwidth, you should contact your ISP (internet service provider).
Geo:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
For some programmes you can download them onto your computer before watching them... the time this takes depends on the connection speed but if you start downloading a film before to go to bed then in the morning you have it... where a connection is too slow for "live" streaming and showing of content... downloading it first can be the answer...

If all the above fails I don't watch the footy and instead read my Kindle...

JJ :Cool:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
JJ is correct. The only solution to this is downloading where possible.

The problem is likely caused by the proxy server being oversold. ie it has a 100mb/s connection and has 110mb/s of users....

With it being free this is likely to happen as internet core bandwidth is not free...

Sep 8, 2010
Kent the white cliffs end
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur Lvx 8
Exp
Not long enough
Good Morning all Is there a expat thingy for a Ipad so i can watch tv player in france:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
JJ is correct. The only solution to this is downloading where possible.

The problem is likely caused by the proxy server being oversold. ie it has a 100mb/s connection and has 110mb/s of users....

With it being free this is likely to happen as internet core bandwidth is not free...

Could also be the telephony network provider has does not have enough bandwidth at peak times I.E. you only have your own personal cable at the B end of the exchange, all the rest is dynamic e.g. your local exchange connection to another exchange can not cope with peak demand.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back