Please, please, enlighten moi !!! (1 Viewer)

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
It's just over 22 degrees here in France ! And all the Frogs (Frankie is an honourary Anglo Saxon ! so she doesn't count !) are rushing around putting those Silver Screens up ! What a bunch of wimps !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::RollEyes:
There is only one other English MH and one Squarehead ( He is here every year, nice chap for a kraut !) baring their windscreens to the elements !!:Blush::Blush::Blush:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
What's that expression? Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the Mid Day sun....

I think the French are a sensible people and don't want to strain their air conditioning too much:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Where as us English are brought up in a permanently sun starved state that when we see that glorious orb in the sky we attempt to make the most of it. We will quite often over do it and forgo most common sense measures that the natives will all do as a matter of course..

COME ONNN you Lobsters....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
My French neighbours also all close their shutters when it's hot & sunny. Having had a sun-deprived upbringing I can't bear to shut out the sun--which is why at almost half past midnight I can't sleep because the room's too hot and I've had an electric fan going for hours. I'll never learn.......

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Much the same as we close doors and windows to preserve heat,therby reducing cost to re heat
They shut up shop to keep their homes and motor homes cool
Thereby reducing costs to keep it cool, Seems to make perfect sense to me, especialy if you aint got air co to run:Doh:
Geo

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
me? run the aircon

Much the same as we close doors and windows to preserve heat,therby reducing cost to re heat
They shut up shop to keep their homes and motor homes cool
Thereby reducing costs to keep it cool, Seems to make perfect sense to me, especialy if you aint got air co to run:Doh:
Geo

If I am to hot in the RV when in France or Spain I run the air con... that is why I have an RV to use such things.. yes I have screens up for privacy .. but I want to feel the sun.. see so little of it these days in the UK.. I love to soak it up to a certain degree.. but yes can understand why they put there screens on or shut the shutters...

By the way coldish.. windy and a little bit of Sun in Kent.. not rained on the RV since it was washed yesterday.. now that is a first a whole 15 hours and no rain.

Bob:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back