Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
After a very wet and extremely dirt journey up and down to Taunton we had the RV cleaned today by kurt Russian (well Bulgarian) Vladimir .. he did the roof then the whole of the RV outside and all the windows as well.. the wheel trims look great again as does the big bad boy exhaust tip... The RV has never been as dirty as it was when we rolled in last night..

Now it is all clean and ready for next weekend at Newbury.. After Eddie of VanBitz sort the severed wire under the chassis we now have 240v again to the floor circuit and the outside locker.. so the genny will now charge not only the RV batteries but the two scooters... lets hope that the weather allows us to enjoy the show.

Bob

p.s the trailer is still for sale ... from end of June ...4 wheel Brian James with all the extras including a 3,000 winch. P.m. for details or photos

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Pleased you've got it sorted Bob.

Sun has been out at Carmarthen since about midday, been getting 19A from solar this afternoon, at least till the batteries were full (took about an hour and a bit after the sun came out). Going to Jims on Monday and Newbury on Thursday. May see you then.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Glad to hear you are on top of everything again Bob, have a good trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
After a very wet and extremely dirt journey up and down to Taunton we had the RV cleaned today by kurt Russian (well Bulgarian) Vladimir .. he did the roof then the whole of the RV outside and all the windows as well.. the wheel trims look great again as does the big bad boy exhaust tip... The RV has never been as dirty as it was when we rolled in last night..

Now it is all clean and ready for next weekend at Newbury.. After Eddie of VanBitz sort the severed wire under the chassis we now have 240v again to the floor circuit and the outside locker.. so the genny will now charge not only the RV batteries but the two scooters... lets hope that the weather allows us to enjoy the show.

Bob

p.s the trailer is still for sale ... from end of June ...4 wheel Brian James with all the extras including a 3,000 winch. P.m. for details or photos

I hope you checked that Vlad's insurance and stamps were up to date Bob. We hear so many complaints on here about immigrants taking the jobs unfairly from our nationals!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I hope you checked that Vlad's insurance and stamps were up to date Bob. We hear so many complaints on here about immigrants taking the jobs unfairly from our nationals!!

there is a group of East Europeans (nationality unknown) touting the local Sainbury carpark washing cars......never seen any English nationals doing it though, so no-one can say they are 'stealing' our jobs. :thumb:

at least they are working and (hopefully) not claiming benifits :thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

there is a group of East Europeans (nationality unknown) touting the local Sainbury carpark washing cars......never seen any English nationals doing it though, so no-one can say they are 'stealing' our jobs. :thumb:

yes Pappajohn, we've also got a similar situation in Sainsbury's near us, but unlike you there are loads of 'Hand Wash' sites springing up everywhere manned by English nationals,it's the new growth industry!!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
yes Pappajohn, we've also got a similar situation in Sainsbury's near us, but unlike you there are loads of 'Hand Wash' sites springing up everywhere manned by English nationals,it's the new growth industry!!

It's the same round here except these hand wash sites seem to be run almost exclusively by some sort of Albanian mafia

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
He was moaning about the amount of tax he had to pay

Yes he is from the Eastern block.. and his English is getting better each time I see him.. he was really moaning about the tax and NI he was having to pay. He has a house, 2 dogs and now a Hungry girl friend (I said no Vlad it is a Hungarian girl friend):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: But he he is legal, has just bought a scooter and was again moaning about the cost of the insurance her has had to pay for it. But when i advertised all I got was applicants other than home grown Brits.. and boy does he work hard.. well worth the £50 he gets.. roof and all the RV, wheels, windows the lot.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
all the local hand wash are full of them

Even the local hand wash car places, and I know of 4 within a few miles and they are full of Eastern Nationals.. and when a car goes in a mob of 6 decent to do a car for £5.00.. as you say no home grows seem to want to do that.. but if the eastern nationals are working, I have no problems with that... less seeking benefits.

Bob

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I think we need to clarify the difference between immigrants and Asylum seekers, throw in migrant workers as well, otherwise my grape picking in France will be scrutinised.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I would class him as migrant

I think we need to clarify the difference between immigrants and Asylum seekers, throw in migrant workers as well, otherwise my grape picking in France will be scrutinised.

I would class him as Migrant Worker

BUT... he did say his mother was in Greece working as a cleaner for a Greek lady who had a Swiss husband.. but the money was better in the UK and he was bring her to the UK to work here:Eeek:... not cleaning my RV by the way.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back