14 hrs 386 miles and a BIG THANK YOU EDDIE (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Home after 14 hours.. left home 05.00 and got home at 19.00 hrs ... 386 round trip miles.. rained both ways and the traffic was hell.. M25 as usual blocked up.... never seen the RV look so dirty.. good job Vladimer is coming to clean it tomorrow.

A very very big thank you to Eddie and the boys at VanBitz ..yes I now have 240v electric again...

what was wrong? a cable was sliced through under the slide.. how? we do not know.. have an idea, but need to discuss it with those involved.

But Eddie sorted it in short time.. my own two electricians spent 4 hours and managed to say they thought it was under the RV and not in the electrical cupboard.. Eddie's boys found it very fast and a repair was made. Thanks a million.. now I can recharge the scooters at Newbury next weekend. Cannot do a magic trick Eddie with the weather by any chance?:Sad::Sad:

Also want to say thank you to one of our new members going to Newbury for the advice he has given me on the telephone and the offer of using his generator to charge the scooters.. thank you John aka I am Aba.. a beer awaits you at Newbury.:thumb:

Can I say thank you to all those that have chipped in advice and information.. including Alex at Calder Leasure .. who is in Canada on holiday this week. and many who posted.. all helpful.

I have learned a lot about electrics this past week.. I would have rather not have.. but it has been very helpful.

Oh yes the alarm we think ... of Eddie thinks that the gas connectors we store in the compartment near the internal sensors may be the issue why it goes off.. all the metal is now removed and fingers crossed.

Long day, tired, but a good result....

VanBitz to the rescue again..

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no Martin it was not Roland

i think Roland the rat may have had something to do with it after you trying to shoot him

No Martin this was not Roland... it has been snagged I think... may be when we had the chassis service, but not sure.. need to discuss it further.. we had power as we had EHU outside the workshop the night before the service.. and it then went same day as service to MOT station then home.. next morning Sue plugged hoover in and everything blew...

All three wires have been parted... looks like something has snagged it.. but 99% sure is not 100% sure.. so need to have a few conversations before I jump to any conclusions. It will have been an accident whatever... just an expensive one. time wise file wise and every which way wise.

But Eddie did a good job.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
The distance you drove and the hours you did..Is what all us truck drivers did all day every day...my own personal best in one day was a 15 hour day..a 10 hour total drive and a distance of 840 kilometres..in miles that is 521 ish...

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
The distance you drove and the hours you did..Is what all us truck drivers did all day every day...my own personal best in one day was a 15 hour day..a 10 hour total drive and a distance of 840 kilometres..in miles that is 521 ish...

put you did not do it with one leg did you

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have done Montreaux home in a day

I have done Montreaux in Switzerland none stop in a day 680 miles.

I have also done Cape Cod to Buffalo then up to Niagara Falls and back to Buffalo that was in the high 500's .. plus the longest for me was non stop home to Frejes in the South of France .. that was a haul and half...

Just seemed a long day today with traffic jams and rain both ways.. but glad Eddie got it sorted for me.. means I can look forward to next weekend.. already checking the weather.

Summer or warmer weather is getting later and later each year.. I see Scotland still is having snow.

Anyway bed time now.. us oldens need some beauty sleep.

Bob

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Hi Bob,

Pleased it all went well. Sleep well with peace of mind. Btw, thanks to you we now know our phone is on the blink. Arrrgh. A beer sounds good.

M&J

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

Yea bully for you, you weren't paying for the fuel though were you, well done Slobbergob!!

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Been there done that ! :thumb:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi Bob, good to see you again, and I am glad that Dave (workshop manager) was able to solve the problem.

See you at Newbury

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back