LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dont think we make much to export now, and if I believed all I read the Europeans have no money to buy anything. So am gona be selfish and hope it gets back up to 1.60.
Something tells me the powers that be wont allow that though.

Have been watching the price of last minute holls over the last few days and there was an all inclusive for 7 days in Spain offered at £130.............YES £130. I have been known to run a bar bill up for more than that over the weekend.
Just wondering how much the hotel gets out of that.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
KEEP GOING EURO..... !!!!

Just put an offer on an apartment in Spain, every little movement makes it cheaper...:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its the highest its been in over 4 years. Am just wondering when the ferry companies are going to reduce there prices. They put them up when sterling went down so its only fair :ROFLMAO:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
New motorhome prices should fall then!:thumb:

European vans will get cheaper and so will the British ones with all the European bits they use. After all, how much of your Fiat-based, Truma-heated, Seitz windowed, Thetford toileted and refrigerated British-built van is British made?

I doubt those prices will fall to the level that they were when the Euro was at its weekest in the past though....................:Angry:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Do we buy now or wait and get our 1.5k in euros ? Off to Greek islands in a few weeks time. :Cool::clap:
Thats if Greece is still in the Euro then , what would you wise people do ?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
not go to Greece ..simplies

Do we buy now or wait and get our 1.5k in euros ? Off to Greek islands in a few weeks time. :Cool::clap:

Do not go to Greece.. simples.. as you say will they still be in the Euro Zone?

Bob:Eeek:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Well if it all goes t*ts up we will be covered money wise , through the tour company so that s not the worry. Though we would be bitterly dissapointed.:Sad:

As for not go to Greece , Never.

We love the place, the people , the food mmmmmm , the scenery in fact everything except the mozzies.
And ive even beaten that with my broad spectrum vitamin B complex.:thumb:

Infact we got married there ( Aghia Gallini ) 18 years ago 19th May. :smalllove:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well if it all goes t*ts up we will be covered money wise , through the tour company so that s not the worry. Though we would be bitterly dissapointed.:Sad:

As for not go to Greece , Never.

We love the place, the people , the food mmmmmm , the scenery in fact everything except the mozzies.
And ive even beaten that with my broad spectrum vitamin B complex.:thumb:

Infact we got married there ( Aghia Gallini ) 18 years ago 19th May. :smalllove:

I love Greece too and the people:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I am hedging my bets but er on the side of caution and jump in when it makes 125 to the £:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
New motorhome prices should fall then!:thumb:

European vans will get cheaper and so will the British ones with all the European bits they use. After all, how much of your Fiat-based, Truma-heated, Seitz windowed, Thetford toileted and refrigerated British-built van is British made?

I doubt those prices will fall to the level that they were when the Euro was at its weekest in the past though....................:Angry:

As has been said that was 4 years ago so they will not go down to that level.

When we first went to Spain in 2005 a Euro costed us around 50p and MH were a LOT cheaper but with the boom in ownership those prices are going through the roof, nowt to do with the Euro. :cry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
As has been said that was 4 years ago so they will not go down to that level.

When we first went to Spain in 2005 a Euro costed us around 50p and MH were a LOT cheaper but with the boom in ownership those prices are going through the roof, nowt to do with the Euro. :cry:

I think that's right We bought ours new in 2008 for £47k . same model is closer to £70k now.

Have I been lucky for once?

I have taken so many property market hits that I doubt it:Doh::cry:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I use the new Visa Select credit card from Nationwide and pay as much as possible with that. I also take sterling cash and change into local currency for small items. You get the best rate and NO commission charges. As a bonus you get an interest free loan as long as you pay the bill in full on time.
Strangely the only place I had difficulty changing sterling for euros was Spain. I would have thought they would be happy to take strong currency.:RollEyes:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

if its greece pack gold coins and a gun:ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Going down I think you will find... :Angry:

JJ :Cool:

gone from 1.20 to 1.24 which is up in my books. I don't hold with the financial experts view that this is a downward movement. We are getting more Euro's so it is going up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
I use the new Visa Select credit card from Nationwide and pay as much as possible with that. I also take sterling cash and change into local currency for small items. You get the best rate and NO commission charges. As a bonus you get an interest free loan as long as you pay the bill in full on time.
Strangely the only place I had difficulty changing sterling for euros was Spain. I would have thought they would be happy to take strong currency.:RollEyes:
Us too:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Very confusing
The pound is going UP
The Euro is going DOWN
The number of Euros to the Pound is going up
The number of Pounds to Euros is going down
So yer both right:Doh:

offwego

Free Member
May 13, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer T656
Exp
I am a newbie
Hi all,

If you haven't already discovered it, Moneycorp have a very good chart for the interbank rate, which gives almost real time updates for several currencies. It can be found here (requires Java),

Broken Link Removed

takes a while to load though.....be patient !

I used it recently to buy euros, although should have waited a few more days. Hindsight is a wonderful thing :Sad:

Expect a couple of cents less on the £/€ exchange rate from the likes of HiFx etc.

cheers,
offwego

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Well thats just gone right over my head :ROFLMAO:

offwego

Free Member
May 13, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer T656
Exp
I am a newbie
Am I missing something here Ralph-n-Bev. First of all you say you like my post and then you state "It's gone over your head". Is there something which needs clarification?

regards,
offwego

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
i got £5000.00 stirling out the bank yesterday , and it cost me €6,382.00 euro,s :Sad:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
You need to shout at your bank Smudger that works out at £1.2764 Euro to the £ - I would say £1.26 ish would be nearer the mark - Thats about £112 they have didled you out of :Eeek:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Am I missing something here Ralph-n-Bev. First of all you say you like my post and then you state "It's gone over your head". Is there something which needs clarification?

regards,
offwego

I clicked like before i loaded it , thinking it would be something to show me what the euro is to the £ in my language.
When it eventually loaded , as i said it was way over my head. It wasnt meant to be an insult to you , sorry if it came across like that. Just me not having any idea how to follow it.
Sorry.
I did not want to click unlike as i did not know if it came up as R n B unliked your post which would have been even worse :Smile: Does that clarify ?
Bev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back