Kept it a bit of a secret but whilst at Peterborough (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We only went and joined the C&CC !

And I am very happy to report that as of today, our experiences of membership are diametrically opposite those we had when we first started out and joined the CC

Stopped at a site, friendly wardens ( unlike the Rotweiler(sp?) wardERS we seem to encounter at CC sites.
No spam at all
Well priced sites all over France
Magazine that does not have 30% of its pages 'bigging up' its self !!

Further reports to follow :winky:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I have been happy with C&CC

and have found staff helpful and friendly. The web site is a bit annoying, especially the find a campsite bit - could be done better.

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Have to agree the CC&C website is a joke but its not funny ive stopped using it it was a lot better before some spotty youth sat at his computer and changed it all, ive sent a couple of complaint emails got a reply which said that a lot of members found the old site hard to use and understand so what i know lets make it ten times harder to understand and call it progress NOT, i now just book the CC sites the website is easy to use well it would be they have not messed with it, as for the wardens on CC sites i will have to say again ive never had a problem with one and have stayed on a lot of club sites, i have spoken to a lot of wardens and they say that some people seem to turn up with the know it all stance and just want to treat them like servents if thats the case then is it any wonder some people clash.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
John if you and Mo get yourself off to some DA meets Im sure you will enjoy them as well.

Sonja

I agree. We joined the C&CC in March last year and the Motor Caravan Section at Peterborough last year and have been to a number of meets and THSs. We've always received a warm and friendly welcome.

Never used a C&CC main site but we've used several CC main sites and a number of CLs & CSs. Always received a friendly welcome at all of those as well; never come across any problems with wardens.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
The "site finder" part of the website has now been revised and its much better. Its now possible to look at a map, find a site and explore it without giving your bloodgroup.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
The "site finder" part of the website has now been revised and its much better. Its now possible to look at a map, find a site and explore it without giving your bloodgroup.

Yes brynric, I've just tried it following your comment and it is much more user friendly.
:thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I have been to C&CC sites where the toilets and showers were in a bad way
and in one case so smelly I would never dream of having a shower in them.
This has never been the case with CC toilets and showers.

I use loads of CC sites and the wardens I meet are great...charming friendly and helpful.

I wont judge all the C&CC sites by the few less than perfect ones I have visited...but I just dont understand why people have it in for the CC..when
my own experience tells me the image portrayed by the OP is just not the case and well out of date.

barry

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Never had a problem on CC sites even with an RV and the quality of facilities is always good, but on the C&CC site on Skye a real "charmer" of a warden :thumbdown: nice site though :thumb:

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Agree Barry there seems to be an anti CC few, well my answer is dont go which frees space up for the ones that dont have so called problems with the wardens :thumb: at the end of the day you pay your money you take your choice but i know which one i would rather go to :winky:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We've been members of C&CC since we bought our first MH.
All the Club sites we've visited have been first class.
The main benefit we gain is the rallies - we spent all of the school holidays last summer touring rally sites across Lancs/Yorks/NE. There are dozens of them all over the country and usually around £7 - £8 per night. Always water and waste disposal available so as long as you have solar and don't need EHU they're great.

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Never had a problem on CC sites even with an RV and the quality of facilities is always good, but on the C&CC site on Skye a real "charmer" of a warden :thumbdown: nice site though :thumb:

I stayed at the Skye C&CC site last year. The warden is an ex military gentleman. Lower ranks of course. The solution was simple...just give the impression that you were of a higher rank and he will bend over backwards to please you.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I found him extremely helpful at a time when the site was very busy with a large contingent of Dutch caravanners.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
John if you and Mo get yourself off to some DA meets Im sure you will enjoy them as well.

Sonja

Yep, we fully intend to.. but not the Norfolk section.. We will be having a look at events going on in Essex and see whats to do :)

Several years ago I was rather abused by certain members of the Norfolk area committee ( or whatever the correct name is ) so have no wish to resume contact with them

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We are members of both, each have their good & bad points, and there is always a Dill in any organisation.

We do a lot of meets with the Devon and Cornwall MCS and found them a lot friendlier than the CC D&C lot, Horses for courses!

The £25 deposit C&C C requires stops the no shows, which I think is a good thing :thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We've members of C&CC since our tenting days and members of East Essex DA, sometimes go to their meets all over Essex, have a butchers at their website, http://www.eeda.co.uk/ see you at Tattingstone.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Have to agree the CC&C website is a joke but its not funny ive stopped using it it was a lot better before some spotty youth sat at his computer and changed it all, ive sent a couple of complaint emails got a reply which said that a lot of members found the old site hard to use and understand so what i know lets make it ten times harder to understand and call it progress NOT.

I AGREE, I HAVE ALSO SENT EMAILS AND HAD THE SAME ANSWER. I STOPPED USING THEM AS THE WEBSITE WAS TERRIBLE, I ALSO HAVE HAD ( oops sorry for shouting) a look and it is a lot easier to use, I liked the old way though you could see what was available at a glance and if one day in the middle of your booking a pitch was not available we could just swap to a non EHU if that was available for the night and then go back to the other pitch, you cannot do this with the website though so no improvement on that one, we have to phone if that happens, but well done to them for listening to their members at last.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Used to be members of both clubs ages ago when we were tuggers. It was a few years after we sold the last caravan, before we bought a MH - so let the memberships lapse.

Re-joined C&CC when the MH came along. Like the Over 55s discount, which provides good value. Also like the rallies, especially during summer school holidays, when other sites are expensive.

Had occasion to stay at a Caravan Club site last October, and were going to re-join the club while we were there if all went well. Unfortunately, it didn't go well, so we didn't join! Shame, because the site was fine, unfortunately it was the staff - put us right off.

So we'll stick with the C&CC for now - and thank goodness they've re-designed the website in the last day or so, facilitating easy map searches again!

Oh, and we also stayed at the Skye C&CC site about four weeks ago - stunning location and a lovely couple running it.:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Yep, we fully intend to.. but not the Norfolk section.. We will be having a look at events going on in Essex and see whats to do :)

[HI]Several years ago I was rather abused by certain members of the Norfolk area committee[/HI] ( or whatever the correct name is ) so have no wish to resume contact with them

Picture in my mind is the scene from the film DELIVERANCE :ROFLMAO: no not the one with the banjo's:Eeek:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I like the C&CC, they give a discount of you are of a certain age, the cl's are all good, the forest sites are bleddy great, as for the CC...i didnt like their sites, nor their mag.....so i didnt renew membership,.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We've members of C&CC since our tenting days and members of East Essex DA, sometimes go to their meets all over Essex, have a butchers at their website, http://www.eeda.co.uk/ see you at Tattingstone.

Ray

We also have been to many of the East Essex meets and in fact are off to an army re enactment one in the middle of June. The Only Sue is also Marshalling the one at the Pheasant Oak Little Totham.

Sonja

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We haven't renewed CC membership this year and this really tempts me to join C&CC, but we have also joined MCC Yorkshire and haven't made full use of that. Hmmm - a quandrary. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
As a total newbie, I was intending to join the CC, however in the last few days, I have changed my mind. I am a dog owner and have just discovered they have a new dog fouling policy. Whilst I totally agree with cleaning up poop, it now means a dog can no longer be allowed to urinate either. To clean up after that, means walking armed with a bucket of water for each little tinkle. Obviously, no dog should be allowed to relieve itself or mark on anyone else's awning or motor home etc, however such a restriction of no urination at all seems unworkable.

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Some one needs to get a grip, dogs pee as long as its not on a pitch whats the problem, i will still go to club sites "in fact im going streight from Misterton next week for five nights" with my pooch and keep her on a lead i will clean up after her and put in a dog bin but im not going to start carring a sponge to soak the liquid up :ROFLMAO: i very rearly use the dog walk areas any way i go off site if possible and find a nice field, i only use the dog walk last thing at night its dark the wardens are in bed she has a flashing coller so i know when she stands still for a dump i carry a head torch so hands free for scooping " if she starts to dump on the move then i will have to have a rethink maybe leave the club through fear from the wardens i keep reading about on here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Like many I am a member of both clubs, and find they both have good points and bad points. However, like M1TCH, I find the C&CC website is a complete farce. It was okay before but now it is a complete mess.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As a total newbie, I was intending to join the CC, however in the last few days, I have changed my mind. I am a dog owner and have just discovered they have a new dog fouling policy. Whilst I totally agree with cleaning up poop, [HI]it now means a dog can no longer be allowed to urinate either.[/HI] To clean up after that, means walking armed with a bucket of water for each little tinkle. Obviously, no dog should be allowed to relieve itself or mark on anyone else's awning or motor home etc, however such a restriction of no urination at all seems unworkable.

Have you a link please? Haven't picked this up either from the magazine or searching the web site. Not that it matters personally as we don't have a dog but it seems rather strange.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010

Well, that's changed since I booked a few weeks ago...result :thumb:

At this rate they'll have it all back to working like the old version, about a year after introducing the new one ::bigsmile:

I feel sorry for the wardens...imagine the flack they've been taking...and the extra phone calls. This is on top of the issues they always seem to be having when I arrive at reception, or caused by me when I go in and ask for my stay to be extended :Blush:.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yes I searched club rules and we were worried as there is no way you can pick up urine!!!
I cannot find anywhere other than the usual rules of clearing up faeces left by the the dog.

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Have you a link please? Haven't picked this up either from the magazine or searching the web site. Not that it matters personally as we don't have a dog but it seems rather strange.

I am unsure of the rules for posting links to the dark side. However if you google caravan club and dog fouling, and look for white water, you will easily find the thread.

Forum members have had this confirmed by CC and a new leaflet has been printed to this effect.

HTH, Mary

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I am unsure of the rules for posting links to the dark side. However if you google caravan club and dog fouling, and look for white water, you will easily find the thread.

Forum members have had this confirmed by CC and a new leaflet has been printed to this effect.

HTH, Mary

Thanks. I see that the original complainant allowed (indeed, took) his dog to urinate on a fence at the back of the pitch they were on, rather than taking the dog to the dog walk. TBH I'm not sure that I would appreciate being the next occupant of that pitch :Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have just read through the thread mentioned and to be honest this appears to be a missinterpretation of the rules by one jumped up warden. Urine is sterile when leaving the bladder and contains no pathogens, so no infection issues. A leaking waste pipe or overflowing waste container on a caravan/motorhome give a greater risk to health.

Being a dog owner and hopefully a responsible one, we dont allow our dogs to defacate on site, but accidents do happen and are cleaned up immediately without a fuss. Stoping a dog from urinating though is never likely to happen as its natural behaviour scenting. Unlike faeces, the first time it rains, urine is washed away

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back